PDA

View Full Version : Best Data Service for comma delimited files?

Alan Wight
12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Is there a source for a comma delimited result charts file that includes all information needed to calculate daily track variants and generate pp's for a horse's next start?

I know there have been posts about this here previously, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

As far as I can tell, most providers don't provide files that include such basic stuff as all points of call for every fraction in a race. This includes files that are past peformances rather than result charts.

Trackmaster and Brisnet result chart files appear to be the only ones that do provide information for all points of call. Is this correct?

Trackmaster and Brisnet charts, however, do not include what I would consider essential information: turf rail settings.

Is turf rail information the only information that is included in Equibase charts that is not included in the chart files from Trackmaster and Bris?

There's also basic, non-derived information that's not carried over from the past performances to the result charts: pedigree information for each starter. Is there any other basic information that's missing? (Besides calculations such as total starts, wins, purses, etc., all of which could be derived from the information that is there.)

thebeacondeacon
12-08-2005, 04:58 AM
The comma delimited results from Post Time Solutions are pretty thorough for what you want to achieve.

However, I doubt that any provider is going to give you enough to replace the Equibase past performances, and it would not be economical for you to do so.