PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping Magic Question

DealMe3
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I had a question concerning the Form Cycle Window. There are some races where a horse would have a series of 30 day layoffs before and after a race in their pp's.

Do some of you count this as one reason or two reasons to skip down to the next race?

Perilous
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
If you are talking about one particular horse having time off after each race-then I would skip. There is a issue. BUT some trainers tend to train more then they run, so it could be a normal pattern for the trainer.

Another reason for a 30 day lay off if its not during a racemeet the trainer could be waiting for a race, trying to get into a race(could have entered several times and not got in), or waiting for another racemeet to start in the nearby area or at the track they are stabled.

I would probably skip either way, unless its a particular racemeet where horses aren't getting in and during that time the horse is showing works.

twindouble
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I had a question concerning the Form Cycle Window. There are some races where a horse would have a series of 30 day layoffs before and after a race in their pp's.

Do some of you count this as one reason or two reasons to skip down to the
next race?

It's hard to say for sure but when I see consistent layoffs on any horse a flag goes up on the soundness of the horse, unless I know that it's a winning pattern of the trainer involed. In other words, lightly raced and preping for the right race, that will show in the horses PP's as an obvious form cycle. It's always a good idea to look for those cycles and traner intent.

Blackgold
12-06-2005, 09:32 AM
If the runner has some back numbers and going off at a price, I use him.

If the runner has some back numbers and is one of the top choices, I don't use him or maybe don't bet the race.

If the runner has no back numbers, I don't use him, regardless of price.

You are trying to beat a random game, over time, by betting runners who pay more than their chances- should they come in.

Good luck!

thebeacondeacon
12-08-2005, 05:24 AM

Do some of you count this as one reason or two reasons to skip down to the next race?

Both the layoff before and the layoff after the race would be considered an excuse. In other words, two reasons.