PDA

View Full Version : Pigboy confronts reality

hcap
12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/video/rush-limbaugh.jpg

"Yeah, all right. Now, let's take this at face value just for a moment. This could all be BS. I mean, we've never heard of the Swords of Righteousness Brigade. This could all be a stunt, but let's take it -- well, let's take it both ways. We'll take it face value at first, then we'll look at it as a stunt second. I said at the conclusion of previous hours -- part of me that likes this. And some of you might say, "Rush, that's horrible. Peace activists taken hostage." Well, here's why I like it. I like any time a bunch of leftist feel-good hand-wringers are shown reality. So here we have these peace activists over there. I don't care if they're Christian or not"

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511300010

rastajenk
12-01-2005, 09:09 AM
These hostages are anything but "peace activists." They are idiotologically anti-American, supporting violent insurgents, the most militant Palestinian outlaws, and illegal Mexican immigrants, among other misguided causes. Limbaugh's ambivalence is entirely justified.

JustRalph
12-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I was out in my car during this broadcast and heard Rush say this about the peace activist types. I have never agreed with him more...........reality bites. And these idiots found it out.

Remember, this is a group that started an "Adopt a detainee" program for those terrorist types who were incarcerated at Gitmo and overseas. They hooked up Americans as pen pals and supporters of the "Detainees" I don't have a damn bit of sympathy for them. They made their bed...........

lsbets
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I just heard one of the women from that group on a local talk show. She asked the host to not use inflammatory language and to not dehumanize the captors because if he talkes like that he makes it more likely that the hostages will be killed. Somehow I doubt that the captors are listening to 570 AM in Dallas and will decide whose head to cut off based on the morning talk guys comments. The woman was really a clueless idiot.

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes, the media hasn't talked much about how these "peace activists" were actively searching out folks who had been "abused" by their American captors so that they could help them out....

kenwoodallpromos
12-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Hcap;
On behalf of all the overweight people in the world- SCREW YOU ASSHOLE.

JustRalph
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Hcap;
On behalf of all the overweight people in the world- SCREW YOU ASSHOLE.

Lard Asses Unit! Screw you HCAP! :D

twindouble
12-01-2005, 04:43 PM

Hey! This isn't a dating site! :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Pretending to be mindreaders and calling overweight white upper-class males names is PC. Calling a Polito-Dominatrix-Subsitute female in a position of power, like Nancy Pelosi, names like bolemic witch is not PC.
Hcap, I got news for you- liberals and even right-eous wing Christians do not consider horseracing PC because it is gambling and because it involves animals. If the jockeys who rode the horses were old, rich, white males you might want to show your physical characteristic predjudice by calling them names too.
The same people who think it is cute to title a thread with namecalling against Limbaugh would never think about using the name "pigBOY" against Al Sharpton. Not PC.
I have no problem with namecalling in fun or even occasionally just to make a point; But it is obvious that Hcap's use was simply and only to stir up trouble. He got his wish.
Now, before he accuses me of being a pigboy lover I will say this:
In my car radio, the first button I push is a local conservative talk show; my second choice is Air America; 3rd choice behind Al Franken is Limbaugh's station.
I think most of what Limbaugh says is factually correct but I do not like his attitude or style very much. :sleeping:

JustRalph
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM

ok, I have Tom disease.............that was supposed to be "Unite"

kenwoodallpromos
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Thak you for clrifying! I thought you were trying to type UNFIT!LOL!

Big Bill
12-01-2005, 11:48 PM
The title to this thread prompted me to copy below a column from our daily newspaper. It seemed appropriate not only because of the name calling, but because of the time of the year that is approaching.

DIFFERENT VIEWS MAKE THE WORLD TURN

Ah, with Thanksgiving behind us, we have officially reached the time of year when we join together and pray for peace on earth and goodwill to all men.

We are charitable, loving and solicitous of the needs of those around us. That is, of course, as long as they share our political beliefs or keep their mouths shut if they don't. If not we will call them names. Vile names. Hateful names. Un-Christian names.

We will compare them to Hitler, call their belief systems a cancer and rant about how their political party is directly responsible for everything evil that has come to pass in the United States.

And not just in the privacy of our homes. We will use public forums to attack those who don't share our views.

On the day before Thanksgiving, I was charmed to open my newspaper and find a letter from a man referring to the "desperate, despicable pond-scum" Democrats.

A little bird told me it use to say "Demo-pukes" but was revised. Thank goodness. That would have been so over the top.

Of course, the name calling goes both ways. We also hear from liberal souls who describe patriots as "racist, fascist and fundamentalist sorts" who suck hate through a straw for nourishment. They are "Re-pig-licans" who speak with forked tongues.

And we wonder why our children go to school and taunt others. Could it be that they learned it at their parents' knee? Is your child's nursery red or blue?

I'm not naive enough to think that this will change anytime soon. But I would like to think that at this charitable time of year, we could pause and reflect on the importance of diversity in our country.

If that's too lofty, then let's pledge to just zip our lips for a few weeks and lay off the name calling and stereotyping.

Not all Republicans are fundamentalist right-wingers who think President Bush is a direct decedent of God. Not all Democrats are left-wing godless baby killers living off welfare and watching big screen TVs.

They are - and this may shock you - people you know. They are your friends and neighbors. They teach your children in school, sit next to you in church and stand behind you in lines at the stores.

They are people. Human beings. Who happen to disagree.

We vote in private because that's how this country works. We don't need to know who lined up on each side of the political fence in the last elections.

So here's my gift to you in this emerging holiday season.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

Play nice with others.

Pretend that it's truly OK for others to view the world through a different pair of glasses.

Pretend that what they see and believe in is as valid as your own perceptions.

I know. That's asking a lot. But when it comes to sweeping generalizations, both Repiglicans and Demopukes have a lot to learn.

Wendy Victoria - author

Big Bill

Tom
12-02-2005, 12:03 AM
ok, I have Tom disease.............that was supposed to be "Unite"

Huh??
What the?????

SRCEW YOU RALPH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hcap
12-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Pigboy refers to limpbags' piggyness mentality. His statement "I like any time a bunch of leftist feel-good hand-wringers are shown reality."

It's true, you can't judge a book by it's cover. If he kept his trap shut and did not make derogatory stupid asinine noises, I would not give a crap about his physical being. The fact that he was overweight is only the surface malady. But in this case it shows his inner piggyness clearly.

It wasn't too long ago that Michael Moores' fatness was the target of all you hypocrites complaining NOW about me calling limpbag a pig. Remember?

You guys are are in your usual mode of lying.

Shut the hell up. I don't give a crap about your bruised bullshit one sided mentality. Grow up.

If ever anyone deserved the nomicker of "pigboy", it certainly is limpbag.

kenwoodallpromos
12-02-2005, 11:14 AM
"I have no problem with namecalling IN FUN"
From an earlier thread I posted on:
"To Moore from Big Ken
Screening? Tell Moore to wear white pants and bend over.LOL."
_____
The LOL means I said it in fun so I am not being a hippocryte!LOL!
Sorry, I never hear of "piggyness mentality" but will research that. :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
"The liberal website democraticunderground.com called Limbaugh a "vulgar pigboy" who may turn out to be a "terrorist-supporting, hillbilly-heroin addict."

"Yup, if the rumors are true, Rush Limbaugh is a big fat junkie," read the Democratic Underground's commentary, which accompanied a list of the "Top 10 Conservative Idiots" of the week, which included Limbaugh's name."
Sorry Hcap, the first reference to Russ being a "pigboy" is that his weight IS a big factor in the name. You can BS and play games and lie about my previous posts if you like but what will come back to bite you is the facts!

Lefty
12-02-2005, 10:11 PM
hcap, Limbaugh scares the hell out of you, doesn't he? 23 million listeners can't be wrong. The full spelling of the F- word wasn't nice. They didn't even use that word on NYPD Blue. Shame, shame...

GaryG
12-03-2005, 06:06 AM
hcap, Limbaugh scares the hell out of you, doesn't he? 23 million listeners can't be wrong. The full spelling of the F- word wasn't nice. They didn't even use that word on NYPD Blue. Shame, shame...
If these wackos weren't afraid of him they wouldn't mention him on nearly every lib/radical thread. The use of the F word indicates frustration and desperation....when all else fails: F--- you!! :D

hcap
12-03-2005, 06:48 AM
The Christian activists — Tom Fox, 54, of Clear Brook, Va.; Norman Kember, 74, of London; James Loney, 41, of Toronto; and Harmeet Singh Sooden, 32, of Canada — had been repeatedly warned by Iraqi and Western security officials that they were taking a grave risk by moving about Baghdad without bodyguards.

"He was in Iraq solely for peaceful purposes and was passionate about taking an active role in giving humanitarian aid to the Iraqi people. There were no other motives for him to go to Iraq," Sooden's family said in a statement.

Any one, our military, contractors or innocents who are captured and used as hostages for bargaining purposes under threat of death, are worth more than snide comments. Snide piggish bleeting from sideline fuckoffs like limpbag show just what he is made of.

limpbag--"part of me that likes this. And some of you might say, "Rush, that's horrible. Peace activists taken hostage." Well, here's why I like it. I like any time a bunch of leftist feel-good hand-wringers are shown reality. So here we have these peace activists over there. I don't care if they're Christian or not"

The better part of Chistianity has empathy for all. Limpbag sees only pinko and commies, and has the worldview of a gnat. Blessed be the peacemakers not slimeballs who cannot recognize others who are willing to sacrifice their lives.

Pigboy spouts off about these folks getting what they deserve and he gets defended here by pigboys' stepford wives.

hcap
12-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Pigboy comments on race...

Hurricane Katrina Aftermath

" I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black--if the rapists and looters are black--it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact. Have you even seen a ghetto in Greenwich, Connecticut? I rest my case." [9/12/05]

Ok dittoheads hide your eyes. The truth ain't pretty.

http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/pilonidal-cyst-and-dimple.jpg

From snopes:
Claim: Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh was disqualified from the Vietnam-era draft due to a pilonidal cyst.

A pigboy with a pimply ass and chickenhawk to boot with no guts to do what those peace activists were doing.

lsbets
12-03-2005, 09:37 AM
A pigboy with a pimply ass and chickenhawk to boot with no guts to do what those peace activists were doing.

Hcap - what were those "peace activists" doing? Well, before they went to Iraq, they had a push for "adopt a detainee" at Gitmo. They wanted people to write letters of support and encouragement to terrorists. That doesn't sound very peaceful to me. And now, their foolish (and yes their trip was foolish) actions have endangered not only their own lives, but the lives of whatever soldiers are tasked with finding them. So, let's not call them "peace acitivists", because in my book their is nothing peaceful about lending moral support to terrorists. Lets call them what they are - anti-American activists.

Tom
12-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Hcap......your class is showing by using the whole F word thingy.

And I always thought you had no class!

JustRalph
12-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Rush speaks the truth and it apparently is really getting to you HCAP.

enjoyable.........on my end...........:D

Lefty
12-03-2005, 11:56 AM
hcap, these so called peacemakers put themselves in harm's way and now we're obligated to try and save their sorry asses. They have, by their actions, put our troops in danger. They're little better than the terrorists.
Maybe this will be a lesson to others of their ilk you can't take the terrorists side and can't reason with them. They want all of our heads.

And in your other statement it sure sounds you are saying black people have the right to loot because they're black. That's a disservice to every hard working, honest black person in this country!

kenwoodallpromos
12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the good point you are making was deservedly totally lost by you Lib name calling to start your post; otherwise I would agree with you.
Too bad your cookie-cutter follow-the-leader liberalism mind reading and name calling gets in your way. You are smarter than that.
You should consider dumping party and idealogical affiliations and think for yourself. You would do a lot better and be able to blast both sides!

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Please refrain from using profanity that would not have been accepted on the ABC Television show NYPD Blue.

I don't want to have to edit anymore posts.

Thank you.

GaryG
12-03-2005, 12:37 PM
This hcap character is straight from the 60s with the name calling and cussing. I can only assume that he has difficulty expressing his feelings (such as they are) with normal language. I can hear him now....far bleeping out man....you as stoned as I am man? :lol: :lol:

hcap
12-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Ls Well, before they went to Iraq, they had a push for "adopt a detainee" at Gitmo. They wanted people to write letters of support and encouragement to terrorists.
..So, let's not call them "peace acitivists", because in my book their is nothing peaceful about lending moral support to terrorists. Lets call them what they are - anti-American activists.That is hardly a proper characterization. And limpbag is not the one to shift blame back to the activists from those that are holding them. The group responsible for the kidnapping is to blame period. I take no satisfaction from our guys being kidnapped. Nor should limpbag take any from christians practicing christianity in war.

There are injustices commited on all sides in war. Terrorists kill innocents. Suicide bombers take anyone nearby with them. We have had our share of killing innocents as well. Sweeping what we have done under the rug as "collateral damage" or the ends justifies the means, does not excuse it. I know -shit happens, the fog of war, we didn't mean it-does not defuse the anger of those we supposedly are helping. Peace activism is not naieve, in spite of what you may think. It attempts to defuse anger on both sides.
This war is based on a wrong world view by children playing foreign policy. The Iraqi people and the US military are caught in this game. Peace activists are not wrong for defending Iraqis caught up in a heavy handed detainee policy. Detainees have been abused. Torture has occured. We know it. It has happened. It is not helping anyone.

Lefty
12-03-2005, 07:22 PM
h'cap, I bet FDR was one of your heros.
This crap did not have to happen. If these nuts had stayed home there wpuld be less lives in danger, including theirs. Hopefully now, the left will see you can't negotiate or appease terrorists.

46zilzal
12-03-2005, 07:39 PM
lots of people think FDR was very special
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/presrankings1.html

Lefty
12-03-2005, 07:57 PM
46, the point is that FDR put Japanese Americans in camps and had censorship of the press. And you guys hollering about Bush...
It's called war.

46zilzal
12-03-2005, 09:08 PM
46, the point is that FDR put Japanese Americans in camps and had censorship of the press. And you guys hollering about Bush...
It's called war.
no its called CRAP, both times...matter of fact I was kicked out of my high school history class for having the audacity to bring up JUST THESE THINGS.

Tom
12-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Supreme Court agreed that internment camps were legal in WWII.

46zilzal
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Just because there is someone calling it so, doesn't make it right...good friend of mine's family lost all their property and savings in that B.S. Their nursery business was stripped and they never got a thing back just for having, what he calls, "high ethnic visibility."

Secretariat
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Supreme Court agreed that internment camps were legal in WWII.

Suggest you read Republican President Gerald Ford's comments:

"President Gerald R. Ford's Remarks Upon Signing a Proclamation Concerning Japanese-American Internment During World War II
February 19, 1976

February 19 is the anniversary of a very, very sad day in American history. It was on that date in 1942 that Executive Order 9066 was issued resulting in the uprooting of many, many loyal Americans. Over 100,000 persons of Japanese ancestry were removed from their homes, detained in special camps, and eventually relocated.

We now know what we should have known then -- not only was that evacuation wrong but Japanese-Americans were and are loyal Americans. On the battlefield and at home the names of Japanese-Americans have been and continue to be written in history for the sacrifices and the contributions they have made to the well-being and to the security of this, our common Nation.

Executive Order 9066 ceased to be effective at the end of World War II. Because there was no formal statement of its termination, there remains some concern among Japanese-Americans that there yet may be some life in that obsolete document. The proclamation [4417] that I am signing here today should remove all doubt on that matter.

I call upon the American people to affirm with me the unhyphenated American promise that we have learned from the tragedy of that long ago experience -- forever to treasure liberty and justice for each individual American and resolve that this kind of error shall never be made again.

Note: The President spoke at 11:54 a.m. at a ceremony in the Cabinet Room at the White House."

FDR did many things right. This one was wrong.

dav4463
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Rush isn't perfect and he is the first to admit it, but he is a very smart man who does his research and backs up his words and beliefs intelligently.

Secretariat
12-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Rush isn't perfect and he is the first to admit it, but he is a very smart man who does his research and backs up his words and beliefs intelligently.

I agree with you that Rush isn't perfect, but I find him a partisan hack who uses his bully pulpit to simply blaspheme the left. He's more of a cartoon than an actual commentator. William F. Buckly was a conservative who could "back up his words and beliefs intelligently" Even though I disagreed with him, he was bright, not a buffoon.

Lefty
12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
46,hcap, sec, sometimes I wonder whose side you guys are on. You guys would rather side with the enemy than the President.
Rush has 23 million listeners, how may does your fav liberal have?

Lefty
12-04-2005, 01:00 AM
sec says: We now know what we should have known then -- not only was that evacuation wrong but Japanese-Americans were and are loyal Americans. On the battlefield and at home the names of Japanese-Americans have been and continue to be written in history for the sacrifices and the contributions they have made to the well-being and to the security of this, our common Nation.

That's my point. Bush has not put all Muslim
Americans in a camp. He is detaining known terrorists. About time you libs distinguish the difference.

Tom
12-04-2005, 02:14 AM
"Note: The President spoke at 11:54 a.m. at a ceremony in the Cabinet Room at the White House."

At 11:56, he fell off the podium. :D

So what? What this simpleton thinks in 1976 has no relevance as to what FDR thought in 1941. I didn't say I agreed with it, I just said the SC agreed it was legal.

kenwoodallpromos
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Photo of Elenor Roosevelt, 1943, visiting smiling internees.

Lefty
12-04-2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.gop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=5956

Here's the President's plan.
What's rhe DEms plan? Oh yeah, cut and run.

Tom
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Cut and run?

I thought that was OJ's plan!:eek:

kenwoodallpromos
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
O.J.'s plan was to cut and run, then blame those in charge!

lsbets
12-04-2005, 01:44 PM
O.J.'s plan was to cut and run, then blame those in charge!

I thought OJs plan was to cut and drive slowly? :confused:

JustRalph
12-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I agree with you that Rush isn't perfect, but I find him a partisan hack who uses his bully pulpit to simply blaspheme the left. He's more of a cartoon than an actual commentator. William F. Buckly was a conservative who could "back up his words and beliefs intelligently" Even though I disagreed with him, he was bright, not a buffoon.

You know that these two men are very close. They speak often and Buckley contributes to the Limbaugh letter. Buckley has praised Rush as taking the conservative movement to the masses. Rush is not a buffoon. A buffoon wouldn't have as much influence. A buffoon wouldn't be such an enemy of the liberal state. I get pissed at Rush sometimes, and I don't agree with him on every issue. But, you downplaying his impact and characterizing him as a cartoon character is just wishful thinking on your part.

I agree he has a bully pulpit and he considers the left an enemy. He uses it to the fullest extent available to him. But he built it from the ground up. He can use it anyway he wants. I like it. Most of the time. The left wishes they had a counter with such influence.

46zilzal
12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Fox news and the cheesy Rush have lots in common, but the most annoying is the way that they cut off the audio of the person they are debating as soon as the other side attempts to make their point. It's easy to win any argument when the audience NEVER gets to hear another point of view.

I promised a dear freind of mine that I would listen to this fellow for a few days before I stated my opinion. It was hard not to vomit.

lsbets
12-04-2005, 02:45 PM
One thing I wonder about talk radio hosts - who gets more liberal listeners - Rush or Randi Rhodes? That's why some liberals hate him, they have no one who people enjoy listening too. Love him or hate him, a ton of people enjoy listening to Rush, very few people enjoy listening to Air America.

Secretariat
12-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Rush fodder: Are hybrid owners just smug liberals? I kid you not. I was coming back from work the other day and scanning my radio Rush popped up. This was the topic. Rush said hybrid owners were smug liberals, until a GW Bush supporter called who owened a hybrid. Rush said she was OK, because she waved to other hybrid owners, while smug liberals did not.

I stick to my earlier statement - a buffoon.

Maybe Rush got hybrid mixed up with hubris.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Why is it that Limbaugh and Fox News Channel (O'Reilly) get the ratings when guys on here have nothing but contempt for them....who exactly is watching/listening? It can't be solely Evangelical Christians....lol

You guys like polls nowadays....how about the ultimate polls....RATINGS.

46zilzal
12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
entertainment value right along with the Jerry Springer crowds. People seem to like outrageous stuff

JustRalph
12-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Rush fodder: Are hybrid owners just smug liberals? I kid you not. I was coming back from work the other day and scanning my radio Rush popped up. This was the topic. Rush said hybrid owners were smug liberals, until a GW Bush supporter called who owened a hybrid. Rush said she was OK, because she waved to other hybrid owners, while smug liberals did not.

I stick to my earlier statement - a buffoon.

Maybe Rush got hybrid mixed up with hubris.

If you would have listened to the rest of that hour you would have heard him acknowledge that he was having fun with the subject. He also talked about the dollars and cents of how hybrids are not worth the money yet. He outlined and took a call from a guy who actually tried to buy a hybrid versus another car. He found that he would have to drive the hybrid for 11 years to recoup the cost. It was discussed at length on another show in the same week. You guys are so jaded you can't listen without hearing only what you want.

You guys are so full of shit your eyes are brown. 46, I am sure you had an open mind you anti-american piece of crap.

GaryG
12-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Why is it that Limbaugh and Fox News Channel (O'Reilly) get the ratings when guys on here have nothing but contempt for them....who exactly is watching/listening? It can't be solely Evangelical Christians....lol

You guys like polls nowadays....how about the ultimate polls....RATINGS.
The 4 horsemen (I like that one!) and most libs feel that anyone who doesn't spout their party line on every issue is dumb and their opinion or vote doesn't count. They have been spoiled with the biased coverage we get from the networks, especially CBS. The only thing they read is the bleeping NY Times! The ratings of people like Rush are similar to what we saw in the presidential election. Since they can't comprehend the fact they won only a very few states they blame it on Evangelical Christians. Damn those Christians! It's all their fault! It's not just the EC's, the majority of the country is fed up with all of the gay rights, legal killing of babies etc. We need a return to a system where the states are SOVEREIGN AS THEY WERE MEANT TO BE.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2005, 06:47 PM
46, I am sure you had an open mind you anti-american piece of crap.

Now now....not necessary....

JustRalph
12-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Now now....not necessary....

you are right......... I should have put that in a PM. My apologies to those who were offended.

Funny, I am getting emails applauding my post.....................interesting board here. You have to admit this is a diverse community.

kenwoodallpromos
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
A number of popular hosts cut people off, mostly when they sermonize or drift from the subject. I have heard Rush and other cut a few off wheb they are tired of the same point against their view being rehashed. That is why they are called the host.
Now Air Am is on the air to compete and there is more giggling and joking but the ratio of neocons on it is lower than libs calling the conservative shows.
I think Rush did not mean hybrid, but low-bred!LOL!
Too bad there is not live horseracing on the am/fm radio.

46zilzal
12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
isn't it nice to have a MIND to begin with?

I quit believing much of the B.S. the government spewed out long ago and question everything. That is not being anti-ANYTHING, just careful

46zilzal
12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
"His first on-screen work came as a guest host on The Pat Sajak Show, in early 1990. Members of the audience grew extremely angry with Rush's snide commentary - to the point where during a commercial break, the entire studio was cleared. He performed the final segment alone and shaken."

I thought I remembered this one when there was early attempt to come up with an alternative to the Tonight Show.....This guy was sitting there talking to an EMPTY studio audience...kind of like the way he does now.

Tom
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
He was well into his career at that point, and the audience was there with an agenda - it did not "turn" on him during the show. They cleared the room at break because the crowd of "animals" was not civil, had no intention of being and audience. This was the same crowd of dirty, loud mouths idiots who stand outside the president's ranch, the same emtpy-headed dolts who attend Bruce Springsprung concerts and scream down with Bush and then don't show up at the polls because there is no free music/drugs/booze like Brucy handed out.

I don't remember him as shaken, and it did not shut him up.
If you put Randi Rhodes on TV, she would attrack....the Blue Collar Tour - with Larry the Cable Guy leading the way!

46zilzal
12-04-2005, 11:41 PM
amazing to have all that "inside information," or call it what it really is CONJECTURE tempered by a point of view.

He was not well into a substantial career, just taken over from who was it? Morton Downey or someone?

JustRalph
12-05-2005, 08:16 AM
46, the Rush Limbaugh show started taking on steam in Sacramento in around 1984-85. It grew from there to syndication in 1988. He was 6 years into almost the same format before it went nationwide............as usual you are wrong......

Secretariat
12-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Rush plays upon hatred. He salutes Republican war heros, but questions Democratic ones. He calls hybrid owners "smug liberals" because they don't wave at other car owners. He said prior to Hurricane Katrina it was no big deal beforehand and people were panicking. Maybe GW took his advice on that one and started strumming his fiddle. He criticizes the ACLU but then uses them as his defesne on his drug addiction case.

He reminds me of Morton Downey Jr., playing upon people's bitterness and feeding it, setting up giant chasms of partisanship. He lacks any kind of integrity, criticizing men like Murtha and Clark and Kerry while escaping Vietnam with a boil on his butt. He's a hypocrite, but because he appeals to the lowest common denominator in people, he has his set of fans like Morton Downey Jr. did.

I don't think he is a non-entity, because as PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute." I'm sure there are even a few here who have purchased his Club Gitmo shirts..lol...coughed over real dough for his epistles of hatred.

He represents the worst in America. Someone who doesn't beleive in any form of compromise (in fact perceives compromise as weak), beleives lilberals are "evil", and that the only solution to anything is to bomb everything.

What bothers me is not him (like Downey he's just trying to make a buck), there have always been nutcases like him, what bothers me is that there are suckers who buy into his tirades of hate.

kenwoodallpromos
12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
When I heard Rush on local Sac radio, seemed like his main thing was getting riled up against the homeless- almost daily. A lot of jokes about how to treat them.
Oh yrs, And he was always doing that paper rustling act that I hate. :bang:

Lefty
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
JR, said: If you would have listened to the rest of that hour you would have heard him acknowledge that he was having fun with the subject. He also talked about the dollars and cents of how hybrids are not worth the money yet. He outlined and took a call from a guy who actually tried to buy a hybrid versus another car. He found that he would have to drive the hybrid for 11 years to recoup the cost. It was discussed at length on another show in the same week. You guys are so jaded you can't listen without hearing only what you want.

Ralph, I've tried logic on these guys and it hasn't worked but guess we must keep trying. It's akin to solar power: Sounds great, but not cost effective. Best thging we could be doing for ourselves is to drill everyplace in this country that there's oil and not only reduce cost of energy but reduce our dependence on mideast oil.

Lefty
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
46, yep, first time I ever hear Rush he was on that Pat Sajac show and boy was he attacked. If that wasn't a "stacked" audience i've never seen one. He handled himself so adroitly i said to myself "this guy's going places."
Next time I heard him was during the Clarence Thomas hearings while I was flipping around the radio dial. I've been listening(when I can)ever since. A breath of fresh air from all the liberal crap that was on tv and in the newspapers and he does it with STYLE!

46zilzal
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
"His first on-screen work" might help to actually READ before condemnation sets in

Lefty
12-05-2005, 01:19 PM
46says: He was not well into a substantial career, just taken over from who was it? Morton Downey or someone

Rush did not take over for anyone(I guess you're talking about Rush as sometimes hard to follow you 46)He had a Sacramentio radio show and was "discovered" by Roger Ailes and given a national radio show that emanated from N.Y. The critics said it would never work.
He now works out of Fla. Ther ya go...

schweitz
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
What bothers me is not him (like Downey he's just trying to make a buck), there have always been nutcases like him, what bothers me is that there are suckers who buy into his tirades of hate.

And yet you think Michael Moore is a great American---go figure. :rolleyes:

Lefty
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
sec, Rush epitomizes the worst in America? He applauds America and he aaplauds the success of America in the world while your liberal icons tear dn America and take every side but ours. Rush does not spew hate but your liberal icons sure do. He does not criticize any libs war efforts, but does criticize their liberal rhetoric. For instance, Kerry says he was misled by Bush but in the past he said hre didn't read the 90+ pages of documents provided by the White House before the War vote. At that time he said he was briefed by the Pentagon. In 98 he agreed with Clinton that Saddam had WMD's and would prob seek nuclear capabilities.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2005, 05:08 PM
He reminds me of Morton Downey Jr., playing upon people's bitterness and feeding it, setting up giant chasms of partisanship.

MDJ? That's the best you could come up with? MDJ was on the air for 10 minutes compared to Limbaugh....

And this is the 2nd reference to MDJ in the last couple of days....what's with that?

Secretariat
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
MDJ? That's the best you could come up with?

My apologies to Mr. Downey. It was a low blow to him to make such a comparision.

Lefty
12-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Nobody, feared MDJ. You libs quake in fear of Limbaugh. He's constantly referenced by Dems in office, the newsmedia and even libs on this board. He's doing something right.(no pun intended.)

Tom
12-05-2005, 08:19 PM
amazing to have all that "inside information," or call it what it really is CONJECTURE tempered by a point of view.

He was not well into a substantial career, just taken over from who was it? Morton Downey or someone?

No, he had a huge following at the time. And a book.
He was already big potatoes.

Tom
12-05-2005, 08:21 PM
My first TV hero - JOE PINE

kenwoodallpromos
12-05-2005, 11:11 PM
The in-your-face guys!

hcap
10-24-2006, 07:42 AM
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/Rush-limbaugh_-1.jpg

Rush Limbaugh today accused Michael J. Fox, actor and Parkinson's Disease victim, of deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic effect. Fox appeared in a recent Clair McHaskill (D-MO) Senate campaign ad, touting the need for stem cell research. Limbaugh even goes so far as to accuse Fox of faking his symptoms all together.

"I stated when I saw the ad, I was commenting to you about it, that he was either off the medication or he was acting. He is an actor, after all."
...Limpbag

As it turns out, Fox's affect was caused by his medication, not his lack of it. From an interview with an expert on Parkinson's

" What you are seeing on the video is side effects of the medication. He has to take that medication to sit there and talk to you like that. ... He's not over-dramatizing. ... [Limbaugh] is revealing his ignorance of Parkinson's disease, because people with Parkinson's don't look like that at all when they're not taking their medication. They look stiff, and frozen, and don't move at all. ... People with Parkinson's, when they've had the disease for awhile, are in this bind, where if they don't take any medication, they can be stiff and hardly able to talk. And if they do take their medication, so they can talk, they get all of this movement, like what you see in the ad."

PIGBOY is an accurate name.

46zilzal
10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
typical of the idiot he has proven himself to be OVER and OVER. These patients never FAKE their intention tremor, as a matter of fact the tremors can be so subtle, having such a small amplitude, they appear as gross rigidity. NO ONE would have gone through the deep probing cryosurgery that this individual has without just cause.

PIG BOY is well earned.

46zilzal
10-24-2006, 10:06 AM
To see the effect of severe paralysis agitans, look at the movie with Robert DeNiro called Awakenings with Robin Williams about a group of people who came down with it after a high viral fever and William's efforts to cure them. Eye opening show.

luv_america
10-24-2006, 10:08 AM
First off, Limbaugh admitted he didn't know the status of his condition and apologized if he was wrong. It was brought up that Fox typically sans his meds when he appears before Congress or does a political stunt, which this ad in MO. was.

As usual, liberals have to LIE to get people to elect them. Its never been close to proven that embryonic stem cells will ever result in any kind of cure for Parkinson's or any illness for that matter. Also, its never been proven that there's a difference between adult stem cells and embryonic stem cells. Of course, you don't have to abort babies to get the "LEGALLY AVAILABLE" adult stem cells, however that doesn't fit the template of the ABORTION lobby.

Michael J. Fox is just another tool of another liberal politician trying to secure votes from the ignorant by trying to portray the Republicans of depriving Mr. Fox of a cure. This too will not work and will backfire on the canidate.

Suff
10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Sock puppets are just a tool of cowards.

Lefty
10-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Also, Fox's ad trying to say or intimate that stemcell research is illegal in mo and they're trying to legalize it, when that's a lie. Stemcell research is legal in mo and the bill is a cloning bill and not a stemcell bill. Fox has been duped or is in on the lie. Talen wants to keep cloning illegal, not stemcell research. Why can the Dems tell the truth? Well, if they did, the couldn't win.

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Your problem is you take everyone too seriously- even someone who looks and acts like a clown!
If the Repubs took clowns like Kisssinich, Dean, or Nader seriously they would not be running cirles around the Demos!
Did you take Ford and Quail seriously oo? LOL!! :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Politics is like pro wrestling- after the show they have dinner together and talk about what a nice act they put on and how well they fooled the public!
(R.E.: CLinton/Papa Bush; Baker/Hamilton; Hannity/Colmes; Carvel/Matlin).

Lefty
10-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Heard a little Rush today before I went to Racebook and he says Fox says in his own book he has testified before sub-committees without taking his meds to illustrate what it was like. So Rush is not way offbase here but hell, I already knew that. You libs just hate conservatives and that's the bottom line. Take away the namecalling and most of you are left without anything.

Tom
10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I heard Rush yesterday and today. Fox is the one mis-representing his condition by not taking his meds. Rush said he was fine with him doing that. I disagree, but that's life. What was presented today in the lib-biased media was nothing close to what he really said yesterrday. It was yet more lib lies.
Lefty, we HAVE to make it illegal to clone libs! :lol:

What do you call a lib who is not lying?
Dead.

JustRalph
10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Looks like the Repubs have responded to McFly with a hard hitting ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nguJQ_dRPXw

Suff
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
http://strweb1-12.websys.aol.com/time/quotes/0,26174,1550026,00.html

Lefty
10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Tom, I say let them select any lib to clone as long as we can clone Ronald Reagan.

rrpic6
10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
I thought Rush (The oxy-Con Man) would be all for cloning. How else would he be able to reproduce? Taking Viagara to the Dominican Republic...hmmm was he looking for a wife? What a hypocrite.

Lefty
10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=rrpic6]I thought Rush (The oxy-Con Man) would be all for cloning. How else would he be able to reproduce? Taking Viagara to the Dominican Republic...hmmm was he looking for a wife? What a hypocrite.[/QUOTE\
rr, you and most libs on this board are the hypocrites. Viagra is a legal drug and far as I know Rush hasn't criticized anyone else for taking it. So where's the hypocrisy? He can't reproduce? You're trying to be funny. Did Rush say he was against cloning? Don't think so. You're so rabid to insult Rush you can't stay on topic but have to do a strrrretch...

rrpic6
10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Lefty:

Connect the dots...Rush goes on vacation to a foreign country with a drug that temporarily cures impotance. Sounds like a Right Wing Conservative Christian is going to have sex with a stranger, possibly a prostitute. HYPOCRITE! He also said all drug abusers should be in prison...until he got caught abusing drugs. HYPOCRITE! So what he says about actors doing commercials or human cloning issues or anything else is just hot air.

P.S. 2 weeks until Election Day. Rush better get some anti-depressants ready.

Tom
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
http://strweb1-12.websys.aol.com/time/quotes/0,26174,1550026,00.html

What's wrong with that?

People in wheel chars should keep thier moths shut or get nailed like anyone else. Anything less would be discrimination. Wqual opportunity goes both ways. I gotta pony up tax money for access ramps, I get to punch out a few! :rolleyes:

Secretariat
10-24-2006, 10:04 PM
First off, Limbaugh admitted he didn't know the status of his condition and apologized if he was wrong.

What he said about Michael J. Fox is not only offensive, it is irresponsible. I'm OK if Rush says, "I'm against stem cell research because of blah..blah..blah.., and the use of Michael J. Fox doesn't go to the heart of the issue on the merits of the argument."

But what does he do....He impugns the integrity of the man with Parkinson's disease as if he's faking. He is the lowest of the low.

Lefty
10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Lefty:

Connect the dots...Rush goes on vacation to a foreign country with a drug that temporarily cures impotance. Sounds like a Right Wing Conservative Christian is going to have sex with a stranger, possibly a prostitute. HYPOCRITE! He also said all drug abusers should be in prison...until he got caught abusing drugs. HYPOCRITE! So what he says about actors doing commercials or human cloning issues or anything else is just hot air.

P.S. 2 weeks until Election Day. Rush better get some anti-depressants ready.
rr, you know the old saying about assuming. You tell me, when an actor tries to fool the public about an anti-cloning bill by trying to represent it as an anti-stem cell bill, who's really full of hot air?

rrpic6
10-24-2006, 10:20 PM
rr, you know the old saying about assuming. You tell me, when an actor tries to fool the public about an anti-cloning bill by trying to represent it as an anti-stem cell bill, who's really full of hot air?

Lets see who I'd believe 1st: Michael J. Fox--Squeeky clean, family man stricken with a horrible disease...or Rush Slimeball---Loud mouth, drug abusing, bigot.

Lefty
10-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Lets see who I'd believe 1st: Michael J. Fox--Squeeky clean, family man stricken with a horrible disease...or Rush Slimeball---Loud mouth, drug abusing, bigot.
It's simple. Fox said in his book he appeared before comittees without his meds. Case closed. Pay attention. Bigot? That's your uninformed opinion. It'sthe dems who are always smearing blacks if they're Repub. Who's the bigots?

JustRalph
10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
we have already been down this road on the board. You guys make no distinction between Illegal drugs and prescription meds. We get it. Only Your hollywood heroes can use illegal drugs and you guys suck up to them like they are the end all.

Rush carries Viagra on vacation? Wow! You sure make a big leap on prostitutes and Dominican repub. BTW, he was written a script for 30 pills and had 29 in the bottle when he got back. Couldn't have been too big a weekend.

BTW, Sec, if I didnt' care what happen to PA I would print your post and mail it to Roy Black. I got your point on the post......but it was distasteful. The part about the Gay activity has historically been declared "actionable" by some courts.

Either way, Rush pisses me off sometimes too. But I would say most of the time, he is right. Even when it comes to Marty Mcfly

Lefty
10-25-2006, 12:35 AM
sec, after you got all bent out of shape there guess you found out Rush was right after all given what Fox said in his own book. But I doubt seriously you'll really apologize.

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 05:33 AM
sec, after you got all bent out of shape there guess you found out Rush was right after all given what Fox said in his own book. But I doubt seriously you'll really apologize.

You want Sec to apologize to you? Read this and do some more research on Parkinson's disease. I did look up the definition of bigot for you. Even tho Rush's picture was not next to it. Bigot--"A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his/her opinions and prejudices." Websters.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Rush carries Viagra on vacation? Wow! You sure make a big leap on prostitutes and Dominican repub. BTW, he was written a script for 30 pills and had 29 in the bottle when he got back. Couldn't have been too big a weekend.

He was there 3 nights and 2 days. He also played some golf.
Of course he might have fallen in love with himself...again...and took the little blue pill.

http://www.worldsexguide.org/dominican-republic.html

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
You want Sec to apologize to you? Read this and do some more research on Parkinson's disease. I did look up the definition of bigot for you. Even tho Rush's picture was not next to it. Bigot--"A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his/her opinions and prejudices." Websters.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/
Not to me, to Rush. Hey pal, this ain't about Parkinson's, this is what Rush said about Fox not taking his meds, and proven not to be offbase by virtue of what Fox says in his own book; and trying to disguise a non-cloning bill into a non-stemcell bill. So not falling for your ever so obvious obfuscations.
I knowwhat a bigot is and it's not Rush, the term fits a lot of dems though.
They viciously go after black Repubs. They tell the blacks they need the dems to succeed that they can't make it on their own. That great GW line: "the soft bigotry of low expectations."

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:54 AM
He was there 3 nights and 2 days. He also played some golf.
Of course he might have fallen in love with himself...again...and took the little blue pill.

http://www.worldsexguide.org/dominican-republic.html
You guys make yourself into a joke when you defend adulerous creep in the WH cheating on his wife right in the "peoples" house but condemn an unmarried man because he may have had sex.

luv_america
10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
The attacks on Rush are always the same. Its a typical "Kill the Messenger" ploy that liberals use.

Just for kicks, let me throw this in. Despite all the attacks, Rush does have the largest radio market and listening audience by a WIDE margin, and 4x bigger than any liberal voice on the radio.

Secretariat
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM

Lefty,

At least JR got the point of my post. luv_america posted:

"Originally Posted by luv_america
First off, Limbaugh admitted he didn't know the status of his condition and apologized if he was wrong. "

My response "to him" was that ANYONE can say horrible things about a person (as Limbaugh did), and then if he says he apologizes it makes it allright. Your favorite people attornies do it all the time. Even though there are objections and they withdraw their comment, the damage has been done.

Limbaugh impugned Fox without checking to find the truth as usual. My point Lefty is anyone can make blowhard accusations, and say "I apologize if I'm wrong". It's manipulative to his listeners, and it's disrespectful to the truth.

I frankly don't know if anything I said about Limbaigh being gay is true, but I apolgized if I was wrong in any way didn't I? This is exactly what Limbaiugh did to Fox. It is one of the reasons he is a slime. As a person who has thousands of dittoheads lsitening in, he has the responsilbity to find out the truth before shooting his mouth off, and then to couch it in a weak-assed face covering "I apologize if I'm wrong" is disgusting. Frankly, he should apologize if he's right, because he's almost never that.

If I told you your wife was fooling around on you without any real knowledge of the fact, and said I apolgize if I'm wrong, it is the height of irresponsiblity to you, your wife, and anyone involved. My apology woudl be bullshit.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I got your point, but that point was overkill. Rush came to a logical conclusion based on Fox's own book. But the bigger point is Fox is joining in on the lie that this bill is about stemcell research. Which it is not.
When Rush thinks he's wrong, he's big enough to apologize.
You hate the guy cause he's effective. Before he came along, conservatives had no voice. Now that voice is growing and it scares the hell outta libs.

Secretariat
10-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I got your point, but that point was overkill. Rush came to a logical conclusion based on Fox's own book. But the bigger point is Fox is joining in on the lie that this bill is about stemcell research. Which it is not.
When Rush thinks he's wrong, he's big enough to apologize.
You hate the guy cause he's effective. Before he came along, conservatives had no voice. Now that voice is growing and it scares the hell outta libs.

Hitler was "effective" Lefty. I din't hate him becasue of that, I hated him for what he did. Limbaugh is "effective" granted. That doesn't make him right. Just manipulative.

As to stem cell research, ask conservative Morton Kondracke what he thinks about it since HIS wife has Parkinson's. Maybe she's faking it too. My grandfather died of Parkinsons. When this scumbag Limbaugh polticizies without any real information and attempts to prohibit people who are trying to find a cure ....aww forget it, you're so brainwashed you'll beleive anything he says.
Read this.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/24/rush-stem-cell

Parkinson Foundation Debunks Limbaugh’s False Smears of Michael J. Fox
Rush Limbaugh has repeatedly attacked actor Michael J. Fox for appearing in television campaign ads promoting stem cell research. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, appears “visibly racked by tremors” in the ads.

“He is exaggerating the effects of the disease,” Limbaugh told listeners yesterday. “He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act. … This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting.”

According to the National Parkinson Foundation, Limbaugh has no idea what he’s talking about. The Washington Post reports:

[I]n an interview in Ladies Home Journal’s September edition, Fox said he was taking a medication that causes jerking, fidgeting and other abnormal involuntary movements, known as dyskinesia. Fox said he was taking another medication to lessen those side affects.

An official of the National Parkinson Foundation said movements like those exhibited by Fox are the result of taking medication to treat the disease, which would otherwise result in rigidity.

“When you see someone with those movements, it’s not because they have not taken medication but because they probably have taken medication for some time,” the official said. “If you don’t take the medication, then you freeze.”

One of the comments below it was quote intersting as well.

"IM A PHARMACIST

THOSE SYMPTOMS ARE CALLED “TARDIVE DYSKINESIA” …

THEY ARE AN IRREVERSIBLE SIDE EFFECT OF L-DOPA … THE ONLY MEDICATION THAT WORKS ON PARKINSON’S DISEASE

Comment by ruttydiiw — October 24, 2006 @ 8:37 pm"

Lefty
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Now, you're comparing Rush to Hitler... Give it up, enpugh with the Hitler.
Rush's point is Fox is misrepresenting. Rush knows the disease is devastating and Fox has said he has appeared without his meds to show the effects of the disease. Rush also said he has the right to do it if he wants.
But Fox does NOT have the right to go uncriticized when he uses his disease to misrepresent this bill or misrepresent stemcell research.
And get off the Hitler stuff, it doesn't work.

Secretariat
10-25-2006, 01:11 PM
It's simple. Fox said in his book he appeared before comittees without his meds. Case closed. Pay attention. Bigot? That's your uninformed opinion. It'sthe dems who are always smearing blacks if they're Repub. Who's the bigots?

Limbaugh's words speak for himself on this issue.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous of a black quarterback to do well. The sports media, being liberals just like liberal media is elsewhere, have a desire that black quarterbacks excel and do very well so that their claims that blacks are being denied opportunity can be validated."

- Limbaugh on Donovan mcNabb before he forcibly resigned from ESPN.

This despite McNabb was runner-up for the MVP award in 2000 and had led the Eagles to two straight conference championship games before his comment.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Limbaugh's words speak for himself on this issue.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous of a black quarterback to do well. The sports media, being liberals just like liberal media is elsewhere, have a desire that black quarterbacks excel and do very well so that their claims that blacks are being denied opportunity can be validated."

- Limbaugh on Donovan mcNabb before he forcibly resigned from ESPN.

This despite McNabb was runner-up for the MVP award in 2000 and had led the Eagles to two straight conference championship games before his comment.
That's racist? I guessso in libs' minds. You can't say anything in this country about minorities, true or not, without a bunch of libs jumping on you for being racist. O, oh, ecept if you're a liberal. They can say anything and get away with it. Bird used the "N" word on tv, no repercussions. Clinton said on BET TV. "black people watch TV just likeregular people do." No criticism.
I guess all conservatives just automatic racists in the liberals minds.0
Liberals can say anything they please about a black republican and it's hightime this double standard is stopped.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
When Fox and others are trumpeting embryonic stemcell research over adult stemcell research, they are doing the country a great disservice.

http://americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3826

ljb
10-25-2006, 02:38 PM
When Fox and others are trumpeting embryonic stemcell research over adult stemcell research, they are doing the country a great disservice.

http://americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3826
Damn right Lefty, Advancement in science is bad for this country. :bang:

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm so confused these past few weeks. The Party of Less Government has stopped the American people from using their credit cards to deposit money oversees in order to play poker, they are against advancing research to try and discover cures for horrendous diseases, think the Geneva Convention and new Supreme Court rulings don't apply. So 1 guy who is in the upper 0.5% of this nations' salaries goes on nationwide radio 3 hours a day to tell us how great it is that this is happening. Sounds like a lot of people are drinking the Kool-Aid.

PlanB
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Umm, I recall Rush, before his drug addiction got publicity, yelling that
Darryl Strawberry should do serious prison time since he was buying & doing
illegal drugs. How Rush cried for compassion when he was caught.

Tom
10-25-2006, 06:17 PM

What he said about Michael J. Fox is not only offensive, it is irresponsible. I'm OK if Rush says, "I'm against stem cell research because of blah..blah..blah.., and the use of Michael J. Fox doesn't go to the heart of the issue on the merits of the argument."

But what does he do....He impugns the integrity of the man with Parkinson's disease as if he's faking. He is the lowest of the low.

First off, you didn't hear every thing he said in context, and not one single so-called news agency has reported it either. I heard it both days. I know what he said and how he meant it. Gox is faking it - when he shows up in front of congress off his meds to make himself look worse than he really is, that is faking it. If Fox wants to get political,he better be ready for the backlash. Besides, the whole commercial is not about stem cell, it is about cloning, and they arae misrepresenting the republican - no, lying abgout his position - typical libs.

You guys are really afraid of Rush aren't you?
He is smarter than all of you, a winner. keeps going no matter what roadblocks he hits, just keeps moving ahead. While Airhead America is out on the coner with a sign "Will Assasinate character for food!" :lol:

Secretariat
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
First off, you didn't hear every thing he said in context, and not one single so-called news agency has reported it either. I heard it both days. I know what he said and how he meant it. Gox is faking it - when he shows up in front of congress off his meds to make himself look worse than he really is, that is faking it. If Fox wants to get political,he better be ready for the backlash. Besides, the whole commercial is not about stem cell, it is about cloning, and they arae misrepresenting the republican - no, lying abgout his position - typical libs.

You guys are really afraid of Rush aren't you?
He is smarter than all of you, a winner. keeps going no matter what roadblocks he hits, just keeps moving ahead. While Airhead America is out on the coner with a sign "Will Assasinate character for food!" :lol:

After reading this I honestly feel sad for you if you believe this. Why should I be afraid of Rush, the polls aren't budging no matter what heinous remark he makes.

Secretariat
10-25-2006, 06:40 PM
That's racist? I guessso in libs' minds.

Yes, Lefty it's racist. As McNabb said, "I thought we were past this kind of stuff." ESPN thought so too. Only Rush and the dittoheads still don't get it.

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Yes, Lefty it's racist. As McNabb said, "I thought we were past this kind of stuff." ESPN thought so too. Only Rush and the dittoheads still don't get it.

Its amazing how many racists still exist in plain sight. I still see "lawn jockeys" in people's front yards. Black men holding lanterns, for those that did not know. Slaves did this to light the long driveways of plantation owners. Rush has made racism, sexism and absusing painkillers no big deal.

Tom
10-25-2006, 07:07 PM
After reading this I honestly feel sad for you if you believe this. Why should I be afraid of Rush, the polls aren't budging no matter what heinous remark he makes.

As a matter of fact they are. Zogby reports a shift towards republicans.
So do other polls today.

PlanB
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
You guys are way too harsh on Lefty. (Lefty, is your first name Leroy, as I've
heard?) -------------- Anyways, forgive Lefty 4 introducing us all to LuV.
"He" seems innocent enough, maybe even naive, but don't get all huffy like
a republican; maybe he's in the no poster left behind group. Think Love.

JustRalph
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM

He is widely given credit for the 94 Congressional elections. I don't think you can count him out no matter what. His influence led to 12 years of Repub control. You can't call that without influence?

The only real problem Rush has, is that his conservative following has left him behind. They are much more conservative than the Government that Rush helped elect. Wherein Rush used to a be leader (and still is in most respects) he is held back by the chains of those in the Bush Admin who went to Washington in Conservative clothing and will be leaving in tax and spend tuxedo's. Therefore squandering incredible opportunity and betraying Rush and thousands of others. This will be Bush's true legacy. Squandered opportunity.

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Poll numbers on the subject.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15411275/?GT1=8618

Tom
10-25-2006, 09:41 PM
His real legacy will probably be the end of the US as we knew it. He has done too much damge to be fixed by anyone on the political horizon. We are much closer to a third rate natinon that a world leader thanks to that cock roach.

Our borders have been thrown open, our laws ignored, our middle class is being beaten to death daily, our military has been decimated far worse under Bush tahn under Clinton. We have left the rich, who were never worth a shit when it came to making this a great nation, and the poor. The ones who made America America have been taken out of the game by a Texas turd.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Damn right Lefty, Advancement in science is bad for this country. :bang:
Well, not the first time you twisted words and lie. Advancement in science is good. Lying about it is bad.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
That's why I can't vote for lying assdems. Everything said about blacks is racist and dems say really racist stuff as i pointed out and get away with it.
I guess the truth has no place in dem america.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
You guys are way too harsh on Lefty. (Lefty, is your first name Leroy, as I've
heard?) -------------- Anyways, forgive Lefty 4 introducing us all to LuV.
"He" seems innocent enough, maybe even naive, but don't get all huffy like
a republican; maybe he's in the no poster left behind group. Think Love.
sec, look who's making racist comments. It ain't Rush.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Umm, I recall Rush, before his drug addiction got publicity, yelling that
Darryl Strawberry should do serious prison time since he was buying & doing
illegal drugs. How Rush cried for compassion when he was caught.
Not that matters a fig to you but Rush was taking prescription drugs for pain. But derek you know this and only post to insult not to debate anything.

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
rr, laughable that you say repubs are against advancement in science. What dem Pres allocated ANY money to stemcell research? I'm waiting for your answer.

46zilzal
10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Calvin Coolidge did not contribute to MRI research, Truman to transfer RNA, nor did Teddy Roosevelt contribute to total knee replacements. Wonder why??

Lefty
10-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Calvin Coolidge did not contribute to MRI research, Truman to transfer RNA, nor did Teddy Roosevelt contribute to total knee replacements. Wonder why??
Guess you're saying because those things weren't around in their time. BUT stemcell research was around in Clinton's time and he didn't allocate a thin dime for it. GW has but don't think it should go beyond what was already available. You guys needn't worry, because private companies can do stemcell research all they want. But you dems know that, just using it as a political ploy and it's a shame.

JustRalph
10-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Teddy Roosevelt contribute to total knee replacements. Wonder why??

They had much better knee's back then? :rolleyes: I've seen some of them. Knobby as hell nowadays...........but they beat the hell out of the GDang Germans

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2006, 03:17 AM
I think it may be time to boot PlanB for the 5th time.....the freakin' guy is batty....Leroy? Where do you come up with this shit?

rrpic6
10-26-2006, 04:31 AM
rr, laughable that you say repubs are against advancement in science. What dem Pres allocated ANY money to stemcell research? I'm waiting for your answer.

Be patient, in 2 years and 2 weeks, truckloads of $$ will be flowing towards stemcell research.

Lefty
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Be patient, in 2 years and 2 weeks, truckloads of $$ will be flowing towards stemcell research.
But first, a raise in taxes. Let's once again tax people outta their money to bungle a job better left to private enterprise. I don't think it's a winner, rr.
You see, GW only president ever to allocate any money to stemcell, hegot the ball rolling, started the process, raised the awareness, now it's up to private enterprise. What the demsdo to politicize this issue is beyond the pale. They say things like only a vote for them will there be a cure for all these terrible diseases. They did it last election and they'll do it again.

luv_america
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
The left continues to deny that the embryonic stem cell issue is just and extension of the abortion lobby. Adult stem cell research has been proven to show some results, whereas embryonic stem cell research has not shown nearly as much, and certainly not enough to enjoy the hype. One has to ask why there is so much hype over embryonic and not adult research?

This is all about getting the govenment used to funding what amounts to abortions. Please lets call it what it is, and not deny the facts.

Private embryonic stem cell research is completly legal in MO. where this battle rages, its just not funded by the state. I'll leave the more hideous cloning issue aside for the moment.

ljb
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
His real legacy will probably be the end of the US as we knew it. He has done too much damge to be fixed by anyone on the political horizon. We are much closer to a third rate natinon that a world leader thanks to that cock roach.

Our borders have been thrown open, our laws ignored, our middle class is being beaten to death daily, our military has been decimated far worse under Bush tahn under Clinton. We have left the rich, who were never worth a shit when it came to making this a great nation, and the poor. The ones who made America America have been taken out of the game by a Texas turd.
I really like it when Tom posts facts. You go Tom ! :jump: :jump: :jump:

PlanB
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
LOL, Lefty made 5 posts IN A ROW. So much to explain, so many subterfuges?
Face it MR, do you blame anyone here when they keep looking in the papers
to see your name & Abramhoff together? I mean, you're his poster man.

Tom
10-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I think it may be time to boot PlanB for the 5th time.....the freakin' guy is batty....Leroy? Where do you come up with this shit?

Ya gotta luv the guy!:jump:

At least he came back with a different names each time....remember Lousycapper I, II, and III, same avatar? :lol:
I think he belongs in the PA Hall of Fame.

PlanB
10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
You made me Blush Tom. Thnaks, I'm all flustered.

Lefty
10-26-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL, Lefty made 5 posts IN A ROW. So much to explain, so many subterfuges?
Face it MR, do you blame anyone here when they keep looking in the papers
to see your name & Abramhoff together? I mean, you're his poster man.
subterfuges? Don't tell me, show me.

Lefty
10-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Ya gotta luv the guy!:jump:

At least he came back with a different names each time....remember Lousycapper I, II, and III, same avatar? :lol:
I think he belongs in the PA Hall of Fame.
How about the PA hall of Shame?

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2006, 12:18 AM
The left continues to deny that the embryonic stem cell issue is just and extension of the abortion lobby. Adult stem cell research has been proven to show some results, whereas embryonic stem cell research has not shown nearly as much, and certainly not enough to enjoy the hype. One has to ask why there is so much hype over embryonic and not adult research?

This is all about getting the govenment used to funding what amounts to abortions. Please lets call it what it is, and not deny the facts.

Private embryonic stem cell research is completly legal in MO. where this battle rages, its just not funded by the state. I'll leave the more hideous cloning issue aside for the moment.

It's funny nobody has yet to address the many salient points in this post.

And please, don't come to some conclusion, based on the one sentence I just type above, that I agree with Bush's stance on stem-cell research, or that I am some raving right wing anti-abortion lunatic.

Just pointing out, in a friendly way of sorts, that Luv brought some valid points to the table that nobody has yet responded to....interesting....

hcap
10-27-2006, 07:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrq3SGJZrDw&eurl=

PIGBOY pretends he has parkinsons.
What a dolt. Pigboy aptly named.

rrpic6
10-27-2006, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrq3SGJZrDw&eurl=

PIGBOY pretends he has parkinsons.
What a dolt. Pigboy aptly named.
hcap:

How did you find those lost videos of Rushbag going "cold turkey" in his quest to kick the habit?

PlanB
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
:Originally Posted by luv_america

This issue was partially answered in another thread: WE DO NOT NEED
FEDERAL FUNDING; private capital immediately could easily be ~3B. Yet,
this gov't has obstructed research, which is why many TOP scientists
have pulled out of the US & leaded for friendlier countries to pursue their
stem cell research. It's like NOW saying NO MORE INTERNET; the genie
is out & well, you know the rest.

Tom
10-27-2006, 08:41 PM
So if stem cell research is being done in Europe or wherever, where are all the breakthroughs and cures we keep hearing about?
Or do break throughs only come from research done here?:confused:

luv_america
10-27-2006, 09:22 PM
A nice challenge here is to find any company on a stock exchange that has invested in embryonic stem cell research. In the medical field, you usually see companies pop up long before the advancement, drug or cure is available to the public. If the investment community is not investing, chances are there isn't a bunch of promise.

Lefty
10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, embryonic stem cells injected into Parkinson's sufferers, have caused cancerous tumors. So far, no miracles here.

46zilzal
10-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately, embryonic stem cells injected into Parkinson's sufferers, have caused cancerous tumors. So far, no miracles here.
the MEDICAL expert now. Love to hear this one documented.you would NEVER inject them into the peripheral blood anyway. They would never pass the blood/brain barrier.

Lefty
10-27-2006, 11:29 PM
the MEDICAL expert now. Love to hear this one documented.you would NEVER inject them into the peripheral blood anyway. They would never pass the blood/brain barrier.
I don't have time to look for it. Heard it. I think they were injected into the brain. Anyway, don't see any proof of successes, so i'll blve what was said till proven wrong.

kenwoodallpromos
10-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't have time to look for it. Heard it. I think they were injected into the brain. Anyway, don't see any proof of successes, so i'll blve what was said till proven wrong.
"http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/10920.cfm" Research here, but no tumors reported.

Lefty
10-28-2006, 12:27 AM
well, here's an article that says they haven't been injecting them in humans but they have been injecting them into lab animals

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/30/135820.shtml

hcap
10-28-2006, 04:09 AM
rrpic6 hcap: How did you find those lost videos of Rushbag going "cold turkey" in his quest to kick the habit?Maybe this explains piggies strange ticks....

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2006/10/27/82010/298

:D "Rush Limbaugh addressing assembled reporters outside his studio

Washington, DC (Rotters) - Right-wing radio pundit Rush Limbaugh held a televised news conference this morning in which he repeatedly refused to apologize for his refuted claims that Michael J. Fox was exaggerating symptoms of his Parkinson's disease for political gain. Limbaugh also addressed concerns, which had appeared overnight on the Internet in which medical experts reviewing screen captures of his purported imitation of Fox on his radio show questioned whether Limbaugh himself might be suffering some complex motor tics that can be associated with particular medications.

Justin Jest, MD, a physician specializing in ED (erectile dysfunction), posted an in-depth analysis of the video clip of Limbaugh on the popular Internet site YouTube. "We are seeing more and more frequently the development of these complex motor tics in people who tend to abuse some of the more popular ED medications such as Viagra, and Cialis. The side effects are very rare, and therefore don't appear as warnings on the package inserts. The problem is, when these medications are taken in conjunction with painkillers, there seems to be an imprinting of the motor behaviors that the patient indulges in while taking the ED medication. It results in a behavior that for all intents and purposes is a tic that persists long after the ED medication has cleared the patient's system." :lol: :lol: :lol:

ljb
10-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Shame on you Hcap, it is clear from the video that Rush is just acting or off his meds. :lol:

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 06:22 AM
you guys are just scum........ not other way to put it. You get up this early in the morn to pull off this stupid crap?

PA, I would request you pull the post or picture at least. This is a little too much to stomach sometimes. I think this board has higher standards than this.........

ljb
10-28-2006, 06:29 AM
you guys are just scum........ not other way to put it. You get up this early in the morn to pull off this stupid crap?

PA, I would request you pull the post or picture at least. This is a little too much to stomach sometimes. I think this board has higher standards than this.........
And we now here from the restrict freedom of the press contingent.

PlanB
10-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Embryonic Stem Cell Research is VERY alive & very active. I doubt there will
be any Miracle Cures, but there are many "miracles" being done daily in this
field and YES YES, our firm has a small "dept" of ~10 (I think theres 2 PhDs
in something like molecular biology) --- and YES the Firm lol keeps incredibly
detailed stats on who's doing what & how successful etc, just about every
detail. And Why? LOL, $$$$$$$$$ at stake. And I'm not exaggerating when
I said major researchers have left the USA. Again Why? For $$$$, both
salary & lavish labs & FREEDOM to pursue science. YES, this field has dangers,
but IT WILL NEVER NEVER go away. So, why not use our brains & list
the potential dangers & keep things in line. PS: all you Googlers, check on the prominent scientists who've left the USA & also Google WAKE FOREST UNIV and
a scientist Anthony Atala ---------- Wall St firms shadow them. Big $$$
are waiting to be dangled.

luv_america
10-28-2006, 09:54 AM
If the isn't about Federal funds like PlanB suggests, then why the fight? In most states its perfectly legal to use embryonic stem cells for research. One doesn't have to go overseas to find the money or the resources.

The plain truth, Wall St. invests when they believe there is promise. From an investment perspective this one is dead. The "stem cell lobby" (aka abortion), need the Federal Funding because they can't get invested any other way. If they had shown some results or promise like the commercials pledge to all the sick people, BILLIONS would be POURING in the coffers of medical start-ups trying to find the magic cure.

As the liberals always like to say, "FOLLOW THE MONEY"

PlanB
10-28-2006, 10:13 AM
umm, I want to make this point again: WALL ST is RIGHT NOW preparing
to INVEST HUGELY in Stem Cell Research, Embryonic etc. Already, a few Billions
have been invested, but WALL ST is awaiting Elections & Refinement on what
could be Law Enforcement/Legal entanglements. After all, it's risk with
big bucks at stake. But research goes on & on, and IF, IF, Wall St makes
huge bucks HERE in the USA or in some foreign country, well, then really
what difference does it make to the money-makers? We'll export biotechnology
and the US will lose one way or another.

Tom
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM

didn't we vote on Ljb once before - Suvivor Pace Advantage?
I want a recount - after all, it is what he would want.
I personally see no reason for people who do not post in horse racing be allowed to come in here. JMHO, but the whole board would better off without the "transients."
OFF TOPPICS amoung horseplayers in one thing, but Icold care less what the dreggs of society have to say. What do they have in common with our group?

ljb
10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
didn't we vote on Ljb once before - Suvivor Pace Advantage?
I want a recount - after all, it is what he would want.
I personally see no reason for people who do not post in horse racing be allowed to come in here. JMHO, but the whole board would better off without the "transients."
OFF TOPPICS amoung horseplayers in one thing, but Icold care less what the dreggs of society have to say. What do they have in common with our group?
Get out the Diebold machines, your sure to steal a victory for youse guys. By transients would you be referring to luv and that other dude that just jumped in here ? If so I agree with you again. Does this keep me on your buddy list ? :D

luv_america
10-28-2006, 12:34 PM
When people are paying attention, and the media doesn't skew, conservatives NEVER get voted out.

46zilzal
10-28-2006, 01:26 PM
the rutabaga's daddy wasn't voted out???

luv_america
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I take offense to your comparison of our president to a vegatable. Should we all refer to Bill Clinton as a "dunked cigar"? I think not.

George 41 was crucified by the media for the "read my lips" tax hike. Don't you remeber that distortion? The one forced by the Democrat congress to precipitate that. Of course 41 was totally wrong for going along with that scam.

46zilzal
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I take offense to your comparison of our president to a vegatable. Should we all refer to Bill Clinton as a "dunked cigar"? I think not.

Again, as my Dad would say: Upset? Here let me punch your T.S. (tough shit) card.

hcap
10-28-2006, 02:57 PM
The Rutabaga is one of your more intelligent vegetables. On the other hand most members of the cabbage family would not be familiar with the differences between Shia and Sunni. Particularily before invading a country composed of those 2 religious sects

Unlike the cabage family, the rutabagas are educated and..........

Ooops. Never mind.

46zilzal
10-28-2006, 02:58 PM
well, here's an article that says they haven't been injecting them in humans but they have been injecting them into lab animals

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/30/135820.shtml
as usual off the mark : cancer cells are a good model for stem cells as they share a common factor pluripotentiality. In the absense of stem cells they are a parallel in trying to understand how the cell returns to its "naked" DNA origin in replication. The more a cell differentiates, the LESS pluripotential it becomes. There are, as yet, unknown mechanisms in cancerous cells that cause them to partially revert to that state.

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 02:58 PM
The Rutabaga is one of your more intelligent vegetables. On the other hand most members of the cabbage family would not be familiar with the differences between Shia and Sunni. Particularily before invading a country composed of those 2 religious sects

Unlike the cabage family, the rutabagas are educated and..........

Ooops. Never mind.

yeah, but never forget, he got better grades than Kerry and Gore.........

hcap
10-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I guess we are just misundestimating him. I'll never call him a cabbage again