PDA

View Full Version : Talking Heads Reign of Terror

xfile
11-30-2005, 02:01 PM
In the 3rd race (11-30-05) at Aqueduct there was an inquiry. It was a maiden race and a horse was running green down the stretch and bumped another horse pretty hard. Well....the TVG TALKING HEADS were saying that they "don't agree with inquiries and/or stewards taking down a horse" (in general, not just this horse!). They said, INSTEAD, the "jockey should be fined". This was one of the most STUPID things I've ever heard a talking head say on TVG. This particular horse was a MAIDEN and ran GREEN. Why the F*** should the jockey be fined?????? I just couldn't get to the mute button fast enough.

hurrikane
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Jockies are fines all the time.

these heads are idiots

Tom
11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
The mute button is mandatory with TVG...thoses guys offer noting but idiocy to the game. If the bottom 5% of the population is the target of the tracksm then these arae thier guys. Elevator music and no worthless announcers would be a big improvement.

kingfin66
11-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Believe it or not, I really enjoy Bryan Cox. No, he isn't the most articulate of the TVG boys, but he has some knowledge about horses, stays within himself when offering his analysis, and seems to think before he speaks.

andicap
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Just put the Beulah Twins on there and get all the pretense over with. It's TV -- you want to maximize viewership. Men 35+ is your core audience.
Who would YOU rather look at?

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Just put the Beulah Twins on there and get all the pretense over with. It's TV -- you want to maximize viewership. Men 35+ is your core audience.
Who would YOU rather look at?

Hey, why not go all the way and just put naked strippers on ALL TV shows...:rolleyes:

xfile
12-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey, why not go all the way and just put naked strippers on ALL TV shows...:rolleyes:

As long as said strippers are female, young and hot...sign me up....lol :D

lsbets
12-01-2005, 04:04 PM

The best part of The Man Show is the girls on the trampoline. I mean, who would you rather look at - Matt Caruthers or the Baulah Twins? Either way I'd hit mute, so go with the doublemint visual.

xfile
12-01-2005, 04:11 PM
The best part of The Man Show is the girls on the trampoline. I mean, who would you rather look at - Matt Caruthers or the Baulah Twins? Either way I'd hit mute, so go with the doublemint visual.

Beulah Twins on a trampoline....now THAT would be a show I wouldn't miss. The ratings would be through the roof....lol :D

midnight
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
And again......TVG, with the exception of Rich Perloff (and then only on Tuesdays), doesn't give a rat's ass about the knowledgeable players, the die-hards, or the professionals. They're after the recreational players who want to be spoon-fed everything, specifically the white-collar guys with lots of what's called "disposable income".

They can't compete with the rebate shops, so they won't get the big bettors or professionals to bet through them.

They can't compete with Pinnacle, EHorse, Carib, CRIS, or the other offshores that offer rebates, so they won't get the diehard and knowledgeable crowd to bet through them.

They can't compete with Youbet (superior streaming video, imo and a few other perks) or BRIS (discounted data and PP files and as good or better streaming data).

They can't compete with Racingchannel/OncClickBetting (more tracks).

And they certainly can't compete with the satellite providers which have 20-40 channels of racing. The professionals and big-bettors would be using those.

So what do they have to offer that the others don't? They have live TV broadcasting, which none of the other betting products do. Now, who are they going to cater to?

Not the diehards---they mostly go to the satellite networks.

They're going to cater to the recreational bettors who want everything laid out nice and neatly to them; people who want a combination of tout service, generic information service, entertainment (such as it is). They're catering to the players who want another opinion and the ones who don't have the time and/or inclination to do any serious handicapping.

In other words, they're trying to fill a niche that nobody else does.

They aren't interested in us. If we watch and listen, watch muted, or don't watch, it doesn't matter to them. Not one iota.

That's my opinion, and yours may differ.

Tom
12-01-2005, 11:40 PM
The Beulah Twins on trampolines!

(pssst...PA....Channel 417!)