PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood 4 day weeks?

cj
11-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Has Hollywood Park gone to four day race weeks now? Seems this is two Wednesdays in a row without racing.

RXB
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, because of the no-turf situation.

cj
11-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes, because of the no-turf situation.

Wow, could racing possibly get any worse in California? I mean, it is really, really bad right now. I've always posted free figs on my site for SoCal, but I'm definitely dropping it once Gulfstream opens. Probably go with OP, GP, and Aqu. Anyone good enough to make a profit betting SoCal seriously is good enough to make more somewhere else in my opinion.

46zilzal
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
I cut my teeth on Southern California racing but have abandoned it in favor of the better prices, larger fields, and better predictability of the East coast...

RXB
11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Wow, could racing possibly get any worse in California? I mean, it is really, really bad right now. I've always posted free figs on my site for SoCal, but I'm definitely dropping it once Gulfstream opens. Probably go with OP, GP, and Aqu. Anyone good enough to make a profit betting SoCal seriously is good enough to make more somewhere else in my opinion.

SoCal was never a prosperous circuit for me, at least on dirt. I prefer NoCal, short fields notwithstanding.

Aqueduct inner, I like. Gulfstream dirt, I avoid until around Presidents' Day because I used to get my tail kicked every year down there early in the meet. Oaklawn was a poor track for me except for maiden claiming races, but I spent some time observing OP racing without betting for the last few years and I think that I've figured out some things (like I did with Arlington).

I'm waiting for TAMPA!!!!

JimG
11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
I've always posted free figs on my site for SoCal, but I'm definitely dropping it once Gulfstream opens. Probably go with OP, GP, and Aqu.

Your forgetting the best meet of the winter, Tampa Bay Downs.

cj
11-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Your forgetting the best meet of the winter, Tampa Bay Downs.

I'm not forgetting it, just not giving it away ;)

46zilzal
11-29-2005, 05:50 PM
president's day a tough one hey?....Old Santa Anita used to let you in free if you had an Irish name on St. Patrick's day...if you didn't have an Irish name you just put an O' in front of your name...

Remember one year a friend and I had been following a trainer he knew all season and he gave us the word that TODAY was the DAY......As I perused the program a little voice told me to consider a "saver" on a nag called Irish Tryst.....Well guess who beat us in a tight photo? The Irish horse!

Love this game as it is always a surprise.

Tom
11-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking of a visit to Tampa this February....good time to get out of New York, watch some live racing, and guzzle beer under a palm tree. I luv TBD.

JimG
11-29-2005, 08:39 PM
CJ...nice to see you are one step ahead. Looking forward to a great meet.;)

Tom...a very relaxing track to go to if you have never been before. Looking at the horses in the walking ring in shorts in nothing short of paradise, in my opinion. I will hopefully be down there in late December and see some live racing.:jump:

Jim

GMB@BP
11-30-2005, 09:46 AM

you will be dropping it for the one meet thats any good ( : not that it matters to me.

Tom
11-30-2005, 08:41 PM
CJ...nice to see you are one step ahead. Looking forward to a great meet.;)

Tom...a very relaxing track to go to if you have never been before. Looking at the horses in the walking ring in shorts in nothing short of paradise, in my opinion. I will hopefully be down there in late December and see some live racing.:jump:

Jim

The horses wear shorts? WOW! That IS relaxing! :eek:

Bobby
11-30-2005, 11:00 PM
The horses wear shorts? WOW! That IS relaxing! :eek:

You are a grammer man . .. .tell LS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: