PDA

View Full Version : Big Spill AQU 3rd race

fouroneone
11-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Didnt look too good, hopefully everyone is ok.... 3 horses and riders went down entering the homestretch

Buddha
11-25-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/70580.html

Appears all will be well. A concussion, facial lacerations, and body soreness are all the 3 encountered.

OTM Al
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Happy Face was my key horse for the day. Always go to Aqueduct the day after Thanksgiving...last year was one of my best days ever. Looked like she was making a nice move and then down she went. My savers got me the exacta, tri, and ultimately the 2-4 P3, though probably only got $60-$70 back out of the $100 bet, but then again, I lost a couple bucks and she lost her life, so I got no right to complain too much. Two of the jocks were down on their faces for a long time, so its good to hear they are ok and the two other horses are none the worse for wear. My luck has absolutely sucked lately...some admittedly of my own making (like blowing that $1600 tri in the 9th when I knew speed was holding and that 5 was live and leaving it off) and some like what happened to Happy Face. But something like this makes the couple hundred I lost today really meaningless. Its bad enough to see on TV, but live its really horrific. Could have been worse, but it was bad enough as it was. RIP Happy Face. Hope there's some nice fields to run in where you are now.

Observer
11-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Appears all will be well. A concussion, facial lacerations, and body soreness are all the 3 encountered.

All is not well .. a horse died today .. Happy Face was euthanized as a result of her injury. Yes, I know it's part of the sport .. but it's still sad.

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2005, 12:34 AM
There appears to be an error in the last paragraph of that story. It states that the eventual winner of the race, Fast Laner, was euthanized, when in fact it was Happy Face that was put down.

takeout
11-26-2005, 02:53 AM
It used to be written in the charts when a horse had to be put down. Now we have to guess at it.

The mistake in the article reminded me that I’ve noticed a couple of chart comments that didn’t go with the right horses lately. It’s easy enough to figure out what happened but does anyone know if that is the caller’s mistake or if it gets out of place after it gets sent to Equibase?