Oct 2 at Tennessee W 31-10

Oct 9 at San Francisco W 28-3

Oct 17 St. Louis W 45-28

Oct 23 at Houston W 38-20

BYE WEEK

Nov 7 at New England W 40-21

Nov 13 Houston W 31-17

Nov 20 at Cincinnati W 45-37

Talk about soft. Everybody thinks they can't lose the Super Bowl. I am not sold. Playing at home will help but that defense is still very suspect. I'll be making a big bet against them soon.

Valuist
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
The schedule has been soft but by the end of the season it won't be. They probably will lose somewhere along the way....but I doubt they will in the post season. Jax will be a test this week and San Diego and Seattle also will be....but Pittsburgh was supposed to give them a decent game and the Colts gave them a beating.

BetHorses!
12-18-2005, 06:36 PM
You guys still think they will coast?

Bobby
12-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Colts WILL NOT win Super Bowl. I don't know who yet. I suspect someone from the AFC though. If I had to choose now: Denver.

Manning has NEVER played well in playoffs and I wouldn't expect him too this year.

Valuist
12-19-2005, 09:45 AM
The Colts WILL win the Super Bowl. I've been saying it all season; San Diego is the second best team in the NFL. San Diego, a very high quality team, was playing for their playoff life. And despite wanting to go 16-0, realistically the pressure was off, w/home field wrapped up. Toss in the fact SD matches up well with the Colts (almost beat them last year) and one could see the Colts losing (BTW, this isn't second guessing; I did bet on the Chargers). SD is no guarantee to even make the playoffs and they are the one team that poses the biggest threat to the Colts.

toetoe
12-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I must agree with Valuist, with the caveat that I'm worse with humans than with horseflesh. Tara Hemmings made me look pretty good though, I must say.

BetHorses!
01-15-2006, 06:48 PM
BUMP :)

Buddha
01-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I think I was one of few that thought that the steelers could win the game. All my friends said I was stupid. In fact, of all the people I have talked to, Steeler fans included, I think there was 1 other person other than myself that actually thought that Steelers could win.

Tom
01-15-2006, 07:46 PM
What an ending! TD saving tackle (trip) then a missed FG!

JustRalph
01-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Peyton Manning is slowly turning into the greatest quarterback who couldn't win it all. He is working toward dethroning Dan Marino

Overlay
01-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I hate to think how Vanderjagt must feel after the great year he had. Anyone hear any comments he might have made after the game on that missed field goal, or was he incommunicado?

NoDayJob
01-16-2006, 01:59 AM
"I missed"

cj
01-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I hate to think how Vanderjagt must feel after the great year he had. Anyone hear any comments he might have made after the game on that missed field goal, or was he incommunicado?

Wasn't this the same kicker that was talking smack about Manning a couple seasons ago? He missed that kick by 20 yards!

dav4463
01-16-2006, 03:33 AM
GO CHIEFS !!!!......oh well, maybe next year....

cj
01-16-2006, 11:39 AM
From NFL.com, even they couldn't make sense of the call:

All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396174) made a diving interception of Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12531) at the Pittsburgh 48 with 5:26 remaining. He got up to run and fumbled the ball, but recovered -- only to have it mysteriously overturned on a challenge.

rastajenk
01-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought the reffing was weak all weekend...or beyond. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or a form cycle, or directly attributed to years of instant-replay officiating. I know the league likes to pat themselves on the back and say, We Get It Right, but man, they sure do get it wrong a lot. Close games shouldn't be decided by ticky-tack interference calls, or illegal contacts fifty yards from the play, or phantom touchdowns (whoever decided that "crossing the plane" should be the standard for TD's should be publicly strung up and neutered). It makes it difficult to be a loyal fan of the NFL when the product is cheapened that way so consistently.

p.s.: I see you guys were all over the refs in the other thread. Just put me down in the Totally Disgusted by It All column. And I don't even have rooting interest in any of the surviving teams; I just wanna see good close well-played games. I don't think that's asking too much at this time of the season.

BillW
01-16-2006, 05:09 PM
The NFL officially admitted a ref'ing mistake ...

"The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball."

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9168866

Is this a first?

Buckeye
01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I would be better if instant replay were eliminated. Forget about it. The officials are not doing a better job and the cameras can't help them enough! Since when does a camera have 'judgement'? Let the game be decided by men. The refs have been castrated and it shows.

toetoe
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree. The refs should be allowed bad days. The interminable reviews smack of those public protectors, the racing stewards. :bang:

Valuist
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
To answer Bet Horse's initial question, the answer is not much.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl05.htm

31st out of 32 teams in terms of strength of schedule. And who's 32? You got it, the Seahawks.

BetHorses!
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
To answer Bet Horse's initial question, the answer is not much.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl05.htm

31st out of 32 teams in terms of strength of schedule. And who's 32? You got it, the Seahawks.

Thats what I was waiting for since week 13 - Thank you

And Denver played the toughest Schedule of the remaining teams by far