PDA

View Full Version : Morales & Contessa!!!

fmhealth
11-24-2005, 02:27 PM
They show an ROI at above 150% when they team-up. Today in the 5th at AQU they strike again with a $35.00 horse. Until they cool-off, they're a tandem that requires serious consideration every race.

kenwoodallpromos
11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Do trainers with their hot horses switch off to other jockeys when the combo starts getting too heavily bet? Would following that indicate a betting trainer?

Tom
11-24-2005, 04:52 PM
fmhealth.....SSSHHHHHH!;)

Fastracehorse
11-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Do trainers with their hot horses switch off to other jockeys when the combo starts getting too heavily bet? Would following that indicate a betting trainer?

And, that you want to make as much money as possibe.

fffastt

jotb
11-24-2005, 05:18 PM

Hello Ken:

Absolutely not!!! Trainers are interested in winning so if things ae going well, no reason to fix it. You also need to keep in mind that owners are involved here so if a jock is performing well the owner really is not interested in making a change in rider...Would you?

Regards,
Joe

CryingForTheHorses
11-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Hello Ken:

Absolutely not!!! Trainers are interested in winning so if things ae going well, no reason to fix it. You also need to keep in mind that owners are involved here so if a jock is performing well the owner really is not interested in making a change in rider...Would you?

Regards,
Joe

99.9% of the effort is the horse!...Doesnt matter who the jock is if the horse isnt ready OR is in the wrong race.

Dr. Carter
11-24-2005, 06:54 PM
99.9% of the effort is the horse!...Doesnt matter who the jock is if the horse isnt ready OR is in the wrong race.

So true!

kenwoodallpromos
11-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Jotb says no owner wants to change a winning combination; Tom S and Dr. says jockey does not matter.
WOW! And I thought owners bet more than trainers!!LOL!!
I guess the answer has to be one or the other!

Overlay
11-25-2005, 12:48 AM
To me, jockey assignment is useful as an indication of intent. Leading jockeys get that way from having a greater number of mounts on horses that are viewed by their connections as having a legitimate chance to win. In that respect, I consider it a question of playing the percentages. (However, I'm not saying that every horse ridden by a top jockey will necessarily be a contender, or that just the presence of a top rider can make a winner of a horse which doesn't figure on more fundamental factors.) I think that the ability of a top jockey can also be useful in getting the maximum effort out of a horse that is otherwise fit, especially in a race where the competition figures to be close.

xfile
11-25-2005, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=fmhealth]They show an ROI at above 150% when they team-up. Today in the 5th at AQU they strike again with a $35.00 horse. Until they cool-off,

I posted a string about Morales and Contessa about a week ago. Caught them about 5 times since.

jotb
11-25-2005, 04:27 PM

Hello McSchell:

Why did you quote me? Ken wanted to know if a trainer would change to another rider if that combo (jock trainer) was getting to much action on the board. I said to him absolutely not. If the combination is doing well you certainly don't make a change unless the rider gets caught in a switch or maybe if the horse needs the weight off. I would think the owners would want to keep the same rider especially if the rider is getting the job done. The bottom line here is the trainer is not interested in what the tote board is showing. Maybe a small outfit may want to steal trying to cash a nice ticket.

I'm not to sure about this 99%. You just can't place a number on that. We all know the rider needs something underneath to work with, but there are many jockeys that do move some horses up. Jockeys are not only pilots. There are many times a rider will get more out of a horse than another rider. I've seen many riders pick a horses head up and carry that horse pass the wire. You can't tell me that many horses don't need help from the rider. The rider many times can make the difference between winning and losing. I watched a race the other night at CT. The horse going into the race was not 100% but the rider rode the hair off the horse from the time the gates opened till they crossed the finish line first. The horse broke sharp, saved ground, and the rider never stopped riding. The horse lost positions down the backstretch but picked it up going into the turn (saving ground) with the speed coming back slightly. Instead of swinging out on the turn to loop the rider held sway and waited for the right opportunity to come through the seam. Once through it was a dash to the wire. The horse gets up in the final strides. If the rider does not ride that type of race the horse does not get up. So here's a situation where the best horse in the race did not win and the rider made the difference.

Best regards,
Joe

GaryG
11-25-2005, 05:02 PM
One of the reasons I never play more than two circuits at a time is because I like to have an intimate knowledge of the trainers and their quirks. I believe the value in trainer-jock combos is not that a certain jock is so much better, but as a signal of the trainer's intent. That knowlenge is a big help in interpretation of my figures. The small to medium sized tracks work best for me, currently playing Hawthorne and the FG/Lad meet. I have only been a contributor here for a short time, but have gained much valuable information.....thanks everybody.

classhandicapper
11-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Contessa has been coming up with a lot of bombs lately. I was just getting ready to do a Formulator study looking for some patterns. Thanks for the heads up. :ThmbUp: