PDA

View Full Version : Playing "B" tracks

jeebus1083
11-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I've had little or no success playing tracks like Charles Town, Penn National and Mountaineer... I tried for 2 months to really follow the Mountain, but my head started spinning worse than a tilt-a-whirl at a county fair. Is there any rhyme, reason, or way of playing those tracks?

jotb
11-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Hello

Know your trainers and jocks at CT and you can make a ton of money.

JustRalph
11-23-2005, 10:51 PM
I've had little or no success playing tracks like Charles Town, Penn National and Mountaineer... I tried for 2 months to really follow the Mountain, but my head started spinning worse than a tilt-a-whirl at a county fair. Is there any rhyme, reason, or way of playing those tracks?

I can pick horses just about anywhere except the mountain...........we all have our weaknesses..........write it off and move on. On the flip side....... I am pretty good at Charlestown...............

jotb
11-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I can pick horses just about anywhere except the mountain...........we all have our weaknesses..........write it off and move on. On the flip side....... I am pretty good at Charlestown...............

Hello:

What makes you successful at CT?

Regards,

Joe

JustRalph
11-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello:

What makes you successful at CT?

Regards,

Joe

Not real sure. I don't play it too much, but usually make decent money there. It seems like a straight forward track to me. I do pay attention to the trainers and riders there. But I take the info right off of my BRIS info. I don't go out of my way to compile any special data. But, I think CT is about form cycles. Pick the horse that is going to come back to form, at a long price and you get paid pretty well down there.

The other side of the coin is reviewing previous races between the same horses at CT. They seem to race against each other often. Sometimes they trade winners circle trips but most of the time they run very formful. It is when a new contender shows up that makes those races interesting.

shoelessjoe
11-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I have been playing CT for over 30 years and when you are looking at the pp's it's best not to go back too far.These cheaper horses cant hold their form as long.Another thing you might want to do is check the result charts.They redid the track and banked the turns so no telling what kind of bias if any there will be. Shoeless

michiken
11-25-2005, 09:38 AM
The minute that I think I have a handle on this track, the track bias will change. One week the only thing you need to look at is the 2f pace fig showing who gets out of the gate quickest. The next week it is the 4f fig. When it rains or the track gets crummy, then look for the best final fractions. It can be frustrating.

I do love some of the payoffs at this track.

shoelessjoe
11-25-2005, 10:12 AM
The only reason I mentioned it was because of the retooling they did of the track this year.You can get some nice prices especially when a shipper comes in and they bet him off the board.Shoeless

jotb
11-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I have been playing CT for over 30 years and when you are looking at the pp's it's best not to go back too far.These cheaper horses cant hold their form as long.Another thing you might want to do is check the result charts.They redid the track and banked the turns so no telling what kind of bias if any there will be. Shoeless

Most of the horses at CT, as you said don't hold them form that long. They have just winterized the track but there was no mention of "banked turns". The key to this racetrack is to follow trainers and jockeys like I said earlier. Some trainers and jockeys here never get the job done. I was wondering who your favorite riders are at CT. The jockey colony has changed some the last 2 years and is a bit stronger. I spend most of my time around CT.

Best regards,
Joe

shoelessjoe
11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
When they closed the track earlier in the year they put in better lighting and banked the turns.