PDA

View Full Version : Last Saturday's early pick 4 at CD

ponypro
11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Im just to the point where I can talk about this (tuesday). Ive been playing for almost 40 years and over time as I have bet more money I have created various checklists for myself to prevent clerical errors. I am aware that any minute mistake can be thousands of dollars. Last Saturday I dont know wether I made a mistake or not but I am still throwing up anyway.
In the second race there was an entry.
I bet the entry as part of my early pick 4 ticket. When the second race comes around, the entire entry is out. Matt Caruthers on TVG mentioned that he was confused as to which part of the entry was out! I dont know if it was a late scratch or track mistake.I was really more occupied with the big pic 6 hype later in the day. My alternate pic after the entry was ,you got it #7 the $25 winner but I didnt get a chance to bet it because of the scratch.. Anyway I hit the other 3 $11.00, $44, and $8 and NO ONE HITS IT. It pays 3 of 4. If I noticed the scratch or had the opportunity I take down the ENTIRE POOL $65,000. I dont know if I made a mistake or if the track made a mistake but it feels the same otherwise. These types of misses are really hard to get over. I made a mistake on a derby ticket once that cost me 32K and I didnt play for 6 months after. I could tell a boatload on near miss stories but this one really smarts. The other thing that smarts is 65K in hand would have expanded my pic six ticket that was 144$. I wont dare look at that hypothetical. I do love this game !

Tom

michiken
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
I can feel your pain at Churchill. See this post how I almost got the derby pick 3/4 Derby (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23850)

toetoe
11-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Pony,

So your ticket was voided and refunded? I see that 3 of 4 would be annoying to miss, also.