PDA

View Full Version : At the Races software

anotherdave
06-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Looks like an interesting piece of software with 30 day trial.

AD

tboles
06-23-2002, 07:10 AM
AD,
Could you post the link please?

anotherdave
06-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Getting old, sorry!

http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

AD

Dave Schwartz
06-24-2002, 06:08 PM
Gary sent me that piece of software some months ago. It is actually quite good and does just what he says it does.

Probably worth way more than $25.

FWIW.

Dave Schwartz

Tom
06-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Read the license agreement- $25 gets you use until January 1, 2004.
Then what happens?

rrbauer
06-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Tom:

Either you will have made enough to retire (best $25 you ever spent); or, you will have lost enough and will have quit (worst $25 you have ever spent); or, you will have to renew at the then going rate.
:)

Tom
06-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by rrbauer
Tom:

Either you will have made enough to retire (best $25 you ever spent); or, you will have lost enough and will have quit (worst $25 you have ever spent); or, you will have to renew at the then going rate.
:)

Yep...that would about cover it! :rolleyes:

sligg
06-25-2002, 12:42 AM
It took about 30 minutes to download (56K). It has a bunch of different odds screens. The help menu describes the different screens but it doesn't say what or how to use this information.

Does anyone know anything more?

Dick Schmidt
06-25-2002, 03:09 AM
Sal,

If you look on the "At The Races" website, you will find contact information for both the programmer and the designer, Jack Burkholder. I've known Jack for some time. He has been a professional player for about 20 years and really knows the ins and outs of professional level play. If you have any questions, I'm sure Jack would be glad to answer them promptly and intelligently. He's more than a good handicapper, he's a really good player and is willing to share what he knows.

Dick

bill
06-25-2002, 12:54 PM
the link listed doesent work for me

is the link correct if not what is the correct link

thanks

bill

anotherdave
06-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by bill
the link listed doesent work for me

is the link correct if not what is the correct link

thanks

bill

Bill

I just tried it from the link I posted above and it worked fine. Not sure what the problem might be.

AD

bill
06-25-2002, 07:24 PM
hate to be a bother but when i click on the url net scape says cant locate server

explorer says cant display this page

all you comp guys tell me whats wrong

win 98 ie ver6 netscape ver4.79

any help will draw my thanks:) :confused: :confused:

bill

anotherdave
06-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Bill, I got there on Explorer at home and Netscape at work, so can't help you. Maybe one of the computer whizzes around here can help.

AD

Molock
06-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Whenever I have that problem I just start going backwards within the URL and then see if I can get there the long way. Start out going to:

http://www.homebased2.com

This should take you to Ken Massa's site (actually, it's called Rick's site, but you can get HTR from here). You'll see a index for HTR and right underneath At The Races. Click there and you'll go to where Dave was talking about.

If you still can't get there, then something far more complicated is going on than I can help you with.

Hope that helps.

SM