PDA

View Full Version : Big Pick 6 Carryovers

Steve 'StatMan'
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
CD's Pick 6 Carryover for Saturday is $1,694,336!!!

AQU's Pick 6 Carryover for Saturday is $183,659. OK, it's not a Million dollars, but I sure wouldn't turn it down.

Good Luck to anybody "Going For It" Saturday!

DrugSalvastore
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
CD's Pick 6 Carryover for Saturday is $1,694,336!!!

AQU's Pick 6 Carryover for Saturday is $183,659. OK, it's not a Million dollars, but I sure wouldn't turn it down.

Good Luck to anybody "Going For It" Saturday!

Is that like the 7th or 8th time it's carried over?

cj
11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Amazing what big fields will do, I've been loving CD this meet!

shanta
11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Amazing what big fields will do, I've been loving CD this meet!

now if like 20 tracks or so would close and racing sec's got together and ran rotations on certain area tracks we could get this kinda action all year

but NOOOOOOOOOOO :bang:

Richie

cj
11-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Of course, there are negatives to closing tracks, but there are more positives. The biggest complainers would probably be the horsemen, who would actually have to compete for purses. What they don't realize is how much bigger the purses could become. You still need your cheaper tracks to keep the breeding going, but even those have short fields at times.

It is similar to takeout. Everyone is afraid to cut the takeout even though it has been proven to generate more income. Cut the number of racing dates and tracks, you cut expenses big time. At the same time, field sizes will increase, betting will increase, and purses will increase. People will bet big fields, period.

That racing can't coordinate racing dates, post times, stakes schedules, etc is a shame.

I

rastajenk
11-19-2005, 06:19 AM
I haven't been looking at Churchill on a day-to-day basis, but do you think the Fair Grounds situation is responsible for the large fields?

Valuist
11-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Which network is more guilty of running a topic into the ground?

ESPN re: Terrell Owens, or
TVG re: Saturday's CD Pic 6

This one might come up a draw.

Speed Figure
11-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Which network is more guilty of running a topic into the ground?

ESPN re: Terrell Owens, or
TVG re: Saturday's CD Pic 6

This one might come up a draw.
I say ESPN, I can't make money betting on TO, but I can make money betting on the pick 6.

toetoe
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Aqueduct have a higher takeout on carryover days. I think it's 25%, which is just unforgivable.