PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan B.Buckley

Figman
06-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Tom,
I hope you are a Joanthan B. Buckley fan at Finger Lakes. Mr. Buckley, as you probably know by now, trained the winner of the final FOUR races on Saturday including the Susan B Anthony stake. In fact he started an entry in race 8 and they finished one-two. Sort of felt sorry for his usual rider Rodney Soodeen when he took off all his Saturday Finger Lakes mounts....until I looked at the first race at Belmont Park where no other than Jonathan Buckley has a maiden making his first start of 2002 with none other than Rodney Soodeen riding. This horse also won by many lengths at a $6.70 mutuel. Is this a good day or what? Well Tom?

Tom
06-22-2002, 08:00 PM
I respect J Buckley - over the years, he has been very good at the thumb. Today, however, I choose to totally ignore racing. The FL card looked terrible and the Belmont card looked normal - uninteresting (9 furongs around one turn seems to me to be tad minor league )- JMHO, but I prefer to mow the lawn rather than bet FL or Bel usually. Maybe Pen or Mnr tonight, although a cold beer and a dip in the pool sounds much better.