PDA

View Full Version : Have problem with some messenger sites.

trying2win
11-16-2005, 01:26 AM
Can someone explain to me why I have been able to sign up easily to access the messenger programs at the YAHOO and PAL TALK sites, but not MSN?

If I read the instructions correctly at the MSN.COM site, you have to apply for a HOTMAIL.COM email address before you can proceed to access their messenger program. I've tried that many times. Everytime I try to sign-up for a HOTMAIL.COM email address, and press the ACCEPT button at the button, it takes me back to a blank application page for a HOT MAIL email account. MSN's HELP section is next to useless.

I would use something like PAL TALK, but one of my lady friends out of town has been able to download the MSN messenger program, but can't access the YAHOO or PAL TALK messenger programs. Is this what you call a CATCH-22 situation? She keeps getting error messages at the YAHOO AND PAL TALK sites, when trying to download their messenger programs. Talk about frustrating!

Are there other messenger sites that someone could suggest, that might be more user-friendly? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

T2W

michiken
11-16-2005, 06:37 AM
I heard that Pal Talk is spyware. Monitors all your chats. Go to download.com and get adaware and spybot search and destroy and see if it detects it.

Do a web search for Trillian or GAIM. These open source solutions allow you to connect to AOL, Yahoo and MSN thru a single interface.