PDA

View Full Version : preakness TV ratings up

andicap
05-21-2001, 12:28 PM
From Broadcasting & Cable's magazine's website

NBC Sports' coverage of the Preakness Stakes from Pimlico Race Course Saturday pulled the highest overnight rating for the second leg of the Triple Crown in over a decade.
NBC scored a 6.0 overnight rating, 15 share, the biggest overnight nubmers for the race since ABC hit a 7.8/20 in 1990. The 6.0 rating represents a 30 percent increase over last year's 4.6/11 on ABC, according to Nielsen Media Research.
NBC's coverage of the 126th Preakness peaked with a 7.8/18 from 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.(EST).

bdhsheets
05-22-2001, 01:09 AM
I think that alot of the increases both in the Derby and Preakness stems from NBC actually advertising the races in Prime Time on shows such as "West Wing" and Law and Order. ABC typically showed ads for the races on the weekends during sporting events, ala the NTRA advertising the wonders of horseracing only on programs that are about horseracing. Makes sense to me! ha ha ha ha

Regards,

bdhsheets

Tom
05-22-2001, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bdhsheets
I think that alot of the increases both in the Derby and Preakness stems from NBC actually advertising the races in Prime Time on shows such as "West Wing" and Law and Order. ABC typically showed ads for the races on the weekends during sporting events, ala the NTRA advertising the wonders of horseracing only on programs that are about horseracing. Makes sense to me! ha ha ha ha

Regards,

bdhsheets

Amen to that. Rather clever folks, those NTRA'ers.