PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita & Gulfstream

Tee
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Is anyone else patiently awaiting opening day at these two venues?

Or would impatiently be the correct term? :)

the little guy
11-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Aren't they opening Gulfstream one room at a time?

Actually, it will be good, though I don't follow SA.

Tee
11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Hurricanes & Construction are sum bitches!!

Don't follow the fall meeting at Santa Anita?

That is almost sacrilegious!! ;)

the little guy
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I have never followed California racing.

Personally, if I don't commit a lot of time to a specific racetrack, it's a losing venture playing it.

Not that I don't have a reasonable amount of experience losing. I just don't like it in the long run.

Valuist
11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm disappointed the Fair Grounds will not be running. I know they are having a small meet at LaD but many of the barns in the Midwest will not be going. I agree w/TLG re: California. If you don't follow it (a circuit) regularly, it is tough to beat.

Gulfstream, however, is different. There's so many New York and Kentucky horses down there that I feel confident playing that meet even though I don't play Calder the majority of the year.

BIG49010
11-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Looking forward to GP, my best meet of the year. The last pictures on the website show some serious progress on the new plant. I watch on tv so it doesn't matter, but the more visits by locals the better for us.

I don't play SA, except for a possible play or two on Sunshine Million day.

karlskorner
11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Gulfstream Park will be off and running Jan. 4, there was some serious damage by the 2 hurricanes, no sooner cleaned up after the first hurricane along came Wilma. The Grandstand will be open, only key people will be allowed in the Press box. It appears they will be doing construction during the entire meet, but shouldn't bother the public area.

Calder lost it's tote board, does not look like they are going to try to rebuild it this season. Also some damage on the 3rd floor and 4th floor terrace, barns area was hit some, lots of fences and trees down, but thats life in the land of milk and honey.

JustRalph
11-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Tampa Bay opens Dec 10th...........that one I am looking forward to

JimG
11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Tampa Bay opens Dec 10th...........that one I am looking forward to

ditto

Tom
11-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Gulfwhatsit?
Santa Anemic?

Tampa Bay - one of the premier race meets of the year!
(Drool, drool.)

Our good friend Ridersup loved that track....always think of him when it opens and give a little tip o the hat to the heavens. Ironic that we have the inner dirt contest named after him when I think of palm trees when I hear his name!:eek:

Zaf
11-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Tampa Bay - one of the premier race meets of the year!
(Drool, drool.)

Big fields, lots of turf racing :cool:

ZAFONIC

offtrack
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Looking to warm the tootsies later next month at GP.
Any inside info on where to book a week or two stay?

Tom
12-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Florida.

(I tried, I really did!:rolleyes: )

offtrack
12-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the effort.

Given the details of your response, while you are in NY, I understand why you are closer to FL than SAR. :)