PDA

View Full Version : Quiren Pace Figures??

djjoe21
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Just found this site and it looks like the best site to ask this question.

I just finished reading Modern Pace Handicapping and I am trying to figure out the Quirin Style Pace figures I am just a bit confused. I've been thru the book several times and can't find an answer. I have created a pace par sheet for Aqueduct.

My question is when figuring the figs using the past performances and the last race is at either Bel or Sar or any other track. do I use the par sheet I have for Aqu for races run at the other 2 tracks or do I have to have a par sheet for the other tracks.

2 - This might be the same question. Say I have a horse running in a race on the AQU dirt track and his last race was 1mi 70yds on the inner where do I go for the pace no. do I use the inner spped chart.

Basically if the horse race I want to use is at a dist or track not on my par sheet where can I get it from?

Hope You Under Stand

Any tips using these fig on how to use or construct or a program to help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Joe Ingram

captvancouver
11-15-2005, 03:22 PM
This may confuse you, Joe, and there are far wiser heads than I around here, with lts of more experience. But I find it a good group to build ideas, and you're right ,if you stick around you'll learn plenty. I know I have.I don t use Qurin pace figures..just the Bris, but I will probably get around to doing the regular pace figs. The nice thing about Bris is they are transportable between tracks.
I think you have to account for the track variant between tracks. In other words, you would adjust your par figures at Aqueduct, according to the variant in the last race from the shippers at the foreign track.Bill Scott claims to have a good way to do this in his book"Total Victory at the Track" . He actually uses it to calculate ability times, but to me, after the smoke clears , it amounts to the same thing, cause his ability time is just the final finish time and adjustment in speed is an adjustment.I respect a lot of the other stuff he has done, and to me he is a brilliant guy.He claims that at least one data expert has checked it and it is good.,
He has a table which is :

VARIANT(AT FOREIGN TRACK)
9 ADD 7/5 SECS.
10 ADD 6/5 SECS
11 ADD 5/5 SECS
12 ADD 4/5 SECS
13 ADD 3/5 SECS
14-15 ADD 2/5 SECS
16,17 ADD 1/5 SECS
18,19,20 none
21,22 SUBTRACT 1/5 SEC.
23,24 SUBTRACT 2/5 SEC.
25,26 SUBTRACT 3/5 SEC
27,28 SUBTRACT 4/5 SEC.
29,30 SUBTRACT 5/5 SEC.
31,32 SUBTRACT 6/5 SEC.
33,34 SUBTRACT 7/5 SEC.

I ve reduced it to a equation:
y=4.065 +.933 X square root of x,in case you want to put it in your computer.Y= time adjustment to par times, and x = racing form variant. I suppose you will have to reduce the second call time by .6 of this amount.

But I want to remind you I am no rocket scienctest, (often I have to take my shoes and socks off if the odds count gets over 10),so maybe you could check the equation.

Best of luck

Keith

captvancouver
11-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Of course if you go this route, you will have to make sure the same formula is used on the Aqueduct track to adjust for the variant there too,unless the Qurin figs take that into account. You will have to ge a par variant..using some samples.

Keith

edwarren
11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm a newbie. When do you use these figs? Can you tell me a l'il 'bout your gambling system?

grahors
11-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Capt,
I may be wrong, but the table of adjustments was used by scott to make his adjustments a bit more reliable. I b elieve track variants are track specific and not transportable between tracks with any reliability.
Check out American Turf Monthly web site. They have a track to track adjustment table somewhere in their site. It is OK for making on the fly adjustments and I have used it with some sucess.
Grahors
I am a Scott fan and do use the table for adjustments when I don't use BRIS.

OhioFan
11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Joe,

For more on the Quirin figures, I highly reccomend reading Quirin's 1984 book, Thoroughbred Handicapping: State of the Art. Also, if you haven't already read it, his 1979 book, Winning at the Races is great.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

captvancouver
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I m a newbie too, and the heavy hitters haven t punched in yet.I am just saying what I know, but if I told you my system it would be the blind leading the blind. I will tell u my system, but take it with a grain of salt. Meanwhile, I think it would be wise to do a search of the site with words like "par times" and "betting systems". But welcome aboard.
Basically, I just use the bris figures,and try to learn how to overlay my bets.
There s lots of discussion on this site about that.

I do know there is a lot of different opinions about variants..thats why I am sticking with Bris for the time-being..altho they may not be totally reliable. Bris is found at BRISNET.COM, and sells ppps and data base info..also TSNHORSE.COM is cheaper at 50 cents a card.
Good luck

Keith

Good luck.

Tom
11-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Check out this site....numbers are for California, but a lot of the background stuff is universal.
You need a pace chart for each track you play.
You can get them from our own Dvae Schwartz or Cynthia Publshing.
This site below also sells some, I think.
I am a repeat/satisfied customer of Dave's.

http://www.speedfigures.com/how_to/how_to.html#special