PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination....

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Or is Phil Saltzman reading the scratches and changes at Calder...I thought he retired a long time ago....

xfile
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Or is Phil Saltzman reading the scratches and changes at Calder...I thought he retired a long time ago....

he just called the 1st

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Perhaps they had an emergency and needed an announcer on short notice...Kind of like in NY, with Durkin's backup John Imbriale....he was back a few times calling the races after "retirement."

JimG
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Bobby Newman normally calls the races there and I guess they have not hired a back-up. I noticed lately the Calder Racing Report show does not have any host. They just scroll the horses, then show the races and prices.

midnight
11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
When he retired, Phil said that he would come in from time to time and announce. Bobby might have been sick---there are a lot of flu bugs going around. I understand that Phil deals poker a couple of days a week, undoubtedly for something to do.

JustRalph
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
TVG said that the regular announcer was "Ill" and Saltzman was removed from the closet and new batteries installed..............

kingfin66
11-15-2005, 12:15 AM

Phil just retired last year. Too bad I missed him calling races today.