PDA

View Full Version : TSN files

yarnot
11-14-2005, 08:27 AM
I like RaceProphet because it reads TSN comma delimeted files. Does anyone know any other software which reads TSN files?

JustRalph
11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
equisim does........if I remember correctly. I use the bris files.......but TSN works If I recall

wolsons
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Our software, POL V6.0, uses TSN race files as well as their Procaps files, and also can use the BRIS single race files and their Multicap files.

Steve

yarnot
11-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Where do I find this software?

Lefty
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Yarnot, there are a lot of prgms that read the TSN files. Besides the ones mentioned a few are: Hor$ense, Contenders10, Amazing Capper, Zambuto;s prgm, Pace Appraiser, Computrak, Speed Handicapper, Thomas' prgm, Focus, Propace and A+. Prob more, but these came to mind.

yarnot
11-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the reply... the only reasons I am looking is because raceprophiet won't respond to emails, phone calls and internet requests to buy the product.

I only use 3 features of the program:
Last fraction
FPS
Days since last race

Do any of these software programs do these things?

Lefty
11-14-2005, 12:43 PM
yarnot, yes, but they all do diff things. Go to Cindy's site(link provided) go to software, look up the prgms and read the descriptions of ea. Some have free trials.
http://www.horse-races.net/

Speed Figure
11-14-2005, 12:47 PM
From what I know, any program that uses bris will use tsn if you change the name to drf.

JimG
11-14-2005, 01:30 PM
From what I know, any program that uses bris will use tsn if you change the name to drf.

Not true, if the program in question uses variant data. The bris files have the variant while the tsn files do not. An example would be the program Beav's Yeast.

Lefty
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Jim's, right and we have been over this before. If the prgm uses a var then the programmer has to make a workaround of some sort. A+ did this a few yrs ago at my request. Jeff Little at the WATTS prgm won't(so far)do it and so while it uses Bris files it won't use renamed Tsn files. There are others.

yarnot
11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone...just wish those muxhrooms at race prophet would answer their phone, it would be a whole lot easier.

midnight
11-14-2005, 04:45 PM
yarnot: the last time I checked, about a week ago, a lot of the links on that page don't work, including the ones to purchase it. I'm guessing that the author abandoned his product.

rokitman
11-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone...just wish those muxhrooms at race prophet would answer their phone, it would be a whole lot easier.
I think there is some kind of message about this operation that you ain't gettin, yarn.

yarnot
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
They seem to be out to lunch or something, I just telephoned them again (the answering machine is turned on) and insulted the morons for not responding. Who did you hear from that knows they have abandoned the product/site?

rokitman
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
You might want to try these (http://www.ocfoundation.org/) guys :)

JustRalph
11-14-2005, 09:22 PM
You might want to try these (http://www.ocfoundation.org/) guys :)

:lol::lol::lol:

thoroughbred
11-14-2005, 10:06 PM
I like RaceProphet because it reads TSN comma delimeted files. Does anyone know any other software which reads TSN files?

yarnot.

CompuTrak does.

thoroughbred
11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Not true, if the program in question uses variant data. The bris files have the variant while the tsn files do not. An example would be the program Beav's Yeast.

You can obtain a track variant from either BRIS or TSN files. They each have a speed rating. And by back-calculating, the way Beyer showed in one of his books how to get the variant from his speed rating, you can get a Track Variant from either. They differ a bit.

yarnot
11-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Your personality assessment is quite accurate. :lol:

I just spent 2 hours looking at this piece of garbage CompuTrak (the only good thing is does is calculate days since last race).

Tom
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
You would seem to be in the minority - CompuTrak has recieved many good reviews, here and elsewhere. Maybe it's the user, not the software???

JimG
11-14-2005, 11:15 PM
You can obtain a track variant from either BRIS or TSN files. They each have a speed rating. And by back-calculating, the way Beyer showed in one of his books how to get the variant from his speed rating, you can get a Track Variant from either. They differ a bit.

I understand that, but some software makers used the daily racing form variant, which is only located in the bris files, not the tsn files.

Jim

Lefty
11-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Jim, you're right, but the software makers, if they choose, can use what thoroughbred suggests and change their software. Ya feelin me, Jeff Little?

yarnot
11-14-2005, 11:53 PM
It's always the user, isn't it? There is no winning system, never has been and never will for very long if one ever shows up. Good tools for the punter are what are valuable. I'm looking for a few simple tools, and guess what ... I can't find any software, which will show me the final fraction and the feet per second for that race using TSN files. (I did, but the bozos seem to be out of business).:bang:

headhawg
11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
It's always the user, isn't it? There is no winning system, never has been and never will for very long if one ever shows up. Good tools for the punter are what are valuable. I'm looking for a few simple tools, and guess what ... I can't find any software, which will show me the final fraction and the feet per second for that race using TSN files. (I did, but the bozos seem to be out of business).:bang:
Try the Equisim demo at www.thorotech.com. You should be able to do what you want with the TSN files either directly or with Formula View depending on what you are looking to do specifically.

Lefty
11-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Yarnot, if you can't find what ya want, contact smertsoftware@comcast.com
tell him what ya want and he'll give you a price. He's reasonable.

yarnot
11-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I was directed to htrf.com - it is splendid, dos/no graphics, but who cares... some nice punter tools - BRILLIANT!:ThmbUp:

Thanks again everyone,

Andy

JimG
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I was directed to htrf.com - it is splendid, dos/no graphics, but who cares... some nice punter tools - BRILLIANT!:ThmbUp:

Thanks again everyone,

Andy

I almost recommended that to you but could not remember if it had final fraction or not. I knew it had some feet per second info. Jim Ott is a good guy. Best of luck.

Jim

Tom
11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.sports-bet-advantage.com/sartinm.htm

This one too.

yarnot
11-17-2005, 11:28 PM
It doesn't have a final fraction but the #1 "sustained" ranked horse serves just as well.