PDA

View Full Version : The Best Angles?

Molock
06-19-2002, 09:20 PM
I know Angles aren't exactly encouraged in this forum, but it's one of my hobbies (along with roulette, craps and lottery "systems"/angles). I feel that in any system some good handicapping info can come.

Being a relative newbie to the horse racing scene (only 3 years, if that), I was hoping to cut through all the dross and gather for me-self the best angles out there, the ones that truly do work even if only a little and even if only for a few races a day across the country. If anyone knows a web site devoted to these (I may just have to start my own), that'd be wonderful.

I know a thread devoted to the numerous angles out there would fill up the server, so I was hoping for only what you pros felt were truly good ones (if there are indeed any).

If you don't want to post them here, feel free to simply e-mail me.

Thanks guys!

SM

superfecta
06-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Thats the fun part SM,you can use your own methods and angles,the ones that for some reason work for you.What may work for me may not work for you .We all look at the same race differently.But to do it ,by trial and error,is how you get better at it.Only the lucky can win by angles ,if you use a certain angle consistently,then it becomes a method.My suggestion is practice and more practice.Then learn discipline,otherwise you will never turn a profit,it will stay a hobbie.

Amazin
06-20-2002, 12:11 AM
O.K.,I'll give you a good angle.How did I pick Sarava in Belmont? Piece of cake.Called Ainslee Big Win,except I put a spin on it.I don't play horses coming off wire to wire wins.I look at last 2 calls,want to see horse behind at second to last call,and win Big (prefer 3 lengths or more) at finish.Next start horse must step up in class.Prefer same jock on but use discretion. I had no interest in betting Belmont until I saw Sarava with this angle.

andicap
06-20-2002, 07:53 AM
Here's one: Surprise early speed, drop in class.
Caveats: If lots of other early speed in the race, horse better be very very fast.
No negative drops in class.
Jockey change a positive as are other "karma" changes like medication, equipment, return to preferred distance, etc.

More the horse loses by the better sometimes. Don't want to see too good a race.

pic6vic
06-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Best angles;

I agree with superfecta, trial and error. However,to get to that point you need help. If I gave you an angle (I like superfecta's description better a method), it wouldn'y mean much too you. The best way is to find some other people at the track to come up with these angles.

When I first moved to California in 1979 I met this guy at the
Hollywood park harness. To this day we are the best of friends
and have come up with numerous METHODS, some of which he has written books about. You are on the right track, but I don't
think that there could be enough interaction on the net to really
explain a method. I may be wrong, but that is my opinion.

delayjf
06-20-2002, 10:26 AM
One angle I love that gets good prices is:

NW1 ALW- bet the recent MSW winner who won his 1st start in a convincing manner, EVEN IF HIS BEYER FIGURE IS 10-15 POINTS LOWER THAN THE BEST IN THE FIELD TODAY.

Logic- These winners are the most likely to improve in there next start, often by 10-15 points on their previous Beyer. They are often overlooked by the public as well, especially when trained by the lesser known Trainers. Take a look at any stake race this weekend and see how well these better horses did in their second start after a low beyer big win at the MSW level.

(Oddly, I've noticed that MSW winners that debut with a big beyer (>=90) often don't run as well at low odds their next start.)