PDA

View Full Version : New & improved -- charts/programs downloader

GameTheory
06-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Hello,

There is a new version of my auto charts downloader. In addition to automating the downloads of charts & programs from Equibase & TSN respectively, it now also downloads daily workout reports from Equibase. Not only that, but it can -- if desired -- parse the programs and workouts to comma-delimited (.csv) format for easy importing into other software.

A number of you had previously requested the programs parsing feature, and I'll be looking for your input on the format. Right now I consider the field definitions I've established to be tentative, but will be looking to finalize it in a couple of weeks. So be sure to check it out and let me know what you think.

You can find the program, as always, at:

http://www.chessopolis.com/not_chess_at_all/

The new version of the charts parser, with lots of new goodies, is also completed, but I have yet to document it, so that will be along one of these days...

GameTheory
06-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Oh, and I also wanted to mention to current users of the downloader that even if you aren't interested in the new features, this version is a heck of a lot faster determining the available dates, especially on the programs. In fact, it is now almost instant...

Richard
07-23-2002, 06:42 AM
Game Theory:
Many thanks for the new updates.

Richard

punchsaw
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
I really enjoy the parser, does anyone have a template for parsing the programs from tsn?

I tried checking your link , but the page no longer exists.
Thanks,

GameTheory
05-10-2004, 07:04 PM
My downloader program will parse the programs -- I sent it to you. I took the programs off the web a long time ago -- gotta get them direct from me...

GameTheory
05-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Everyone please note that this is a 2-year old thread. There is nothing new presently...

thelyingthief
05-14-2004, 08:39 PM
i would very much like to have that program, game theory. how can i get it? does it still work?

Buddha
05-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Everyone please note that this is a 2-year old thread. There is nothing new presently...

yea, i saw this pop up and thought there was something new :) Still a great program and very useful. thanks a bunch

MV McKee
05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
GT,

I'm just wondering if I have a prior version.
Parser does not recognize the track MDA (Melville District Agripark).
Just curious if I have an old version, it's no big deal since I have yet to see a shipper from this track at any venue I play.

Thanks,

Michael

GameTheory
05-17-2004, 02:07 PM
I don't think you ever will, but there is an updated eqdata.dat file with that track in there. I'll send it to you.

Thief, I sent you some PM's.

Anyone needed anything, send me an email rather than posting. I'm liable to miss it...

stuball
05-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi

Could your please send me the parser that will parse programs..?? Would appreciate it very much...

Stuball

GameTheory
05-18-2004, 09:08 PM
There isn't one. Chartget will parse the programs in a pre-defined way if you want. You've already got it. THERE IS NOTHING NEW.

MV McKee
05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Thank you for the .dat file GT.

bestbet
05-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Great program.
Save's time downloading results and programs.
Coverting results to comma-delimited (.csv) format
is a snap.
Thank you very much for a great program.
bestbet:rolleyes:

Secretariat
05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
GameTheory, the charts parser link is out of date. I did notice it brought up a chess link.

Have you ever been able to integrate concepts of game theory with your handicapping?