PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

DrugSalvastore
11-11-2005, 12:39 AM
I've never felt pain like this before!!! The most annoying and sustained pain!! It doesn't stop!

I have a wisdom tooth, the one on the top left, and it's killing me!! I don't get to have the surgery to remove them until next Thursday. If you guys don't hear from me again---just assume I took the suicide route!

Has anyone ever had this? It's like where one of them come in crooked and try to move all the other teeth in your mouth? I actually wish I had missing teeth! There is no room for the crooked bastered---and it's just trying to make room!

I can't wait for the surgery!---and that's saying a lot, because my cheap ass has no insurance---and the surgery involves pain and a $1,000+ bill.

At this time---when you say your prayers tonight---remember to thank God that you aren't DrugS! I know i'm probably a hero to all of you guys!, my dashingly good looks, my unmatched analytical skills, my otherworldly handicapping talents, etc etc...but take my word folks!....right now, at this very moment in time, you DON'T want any part of being DrugS!!

chickenhead
11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I got bad news for you Druggsy, I had mine out two years ago -- and it is still gonna be painful as hell for about a week after they yank them. You're gonna have big gaping holes in your mouth that are painful as hell. LOAD UP on the Vicodin, and lay off the hippy lettuce...you won't be wanting the munchies for a while.

Zaf
11-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Dude yanked mine out for $275 CDN and gave me a script for Hydromorphone (DILAUDID) ;) :faint: , felt no pain.

ZAFONIC

DrugSalvastore
11-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Dude yanked mine out for $275 CDN and gave me a script for Hydromorphone (DILAUDID) ;) :faint: , felt no pain.

ZAFONIC

Wow, you got a great deal.

I guess if they are coming in crooked and there is no room for them, they cost a lot more.

Canada does always seem to have sweet deals on pills and surgery.

Zaf
11-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Seriously good luck with it, its not that bad.

Motrin 600mg in addition is excellent as an Anti-Inflammatory. If you take that a few times a day and ice the area regularly you can avoid much of the pain and discomfort. Ask your dude (Dentist). :)

ZAFONIC

lsbets
11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
I had all four of mine pulled by an oral surgeon. He gave me a prescription for hydrocodone. I had no swelling and felt great, so when a buddy of mine asked me to go the bar, I went. I took a painkiller right before I left, and didn't even think about any issues from mixing with alcohol. Hydrocodone and beer make an interesting combination.

Tee
11-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled at least 10 years ago. Local anesthesia, I wasn't about to go under for this & have complications - that should make u feel comfy DrugS. :) :)

Anyway my regular dentist did the job for me. Never felt a thing except a little pressure & some cracking from the teeth. He gave me a script for something, I think it was heavy duty Tylenol, but I did not use or need. Just kept the packing in there to keep/stop the bleeding.

So buck up DrugS & take it like a man!!! :D :D

JustRalph
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
make sure they are taking all four at once........or you might have to go back again in the future. You haven't lived until you let a military dentist pull your wisdom teeth.............

Tom
11-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Good luck, man - I feel for you. I had a root canal back in May - got infected and the throbbing was mind numbing. I would have give up troop movements and launch codes if I knew them.
Thank God for Codine! Mmmmmmmm.:sleeping:

Lefty
11-11-2005, 08:50 PM
drugsal, Nothing can be more painful than teeth when they hurt. I wish you a painfree denistry experience. I had 2 root canals several yrs ago and had an excellent dentist.

Tee
11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
make sure they are taking all four at once........or you might have to go back again in the future. You haven't lived until you let a military dentist pull your wisdom teeth.............

Can't pull all four if there isn't four wisdom teeth there to pull. :)

My panoramic x-ray only showed three, which were pullled. The 4th one hasn't showed up & I really don't think it will - well hoping so anyway. ;)

kenwoodallpromos
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
All I know to try is baby oragel. Use liberally. And 500 mg acetiphedemine x2.

osophy_junkie
11-11-2005, 10:33 PM
What a coincidence, I'm getting mine taken out on Tuesday. Good Luck!

FORGO
11-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Call your Doctor and tell him you need something know for pain. You have a infection that is getting worse thats why you have more pain. Doctors don't feel your pain so you have to get them a little. They did the same thing to me.
Don't use your handle if you email the Doctor. They don't have a sence of humor. Latter FORGO:p