PDA

View Full Version : A few questions - Brisbet

waterproof
11-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I just found this site, and I figured people here would be familiar with them and others.

#1 I am looking for a site that has live odds and that you can place a bet with up until the start of the race... Is brisbet it? Are there any others?

I called them to ask, and they said that they have what I'm looking for...

#2 I also tried to sign up for an account to check it out for myself, when I saw that they require a Social Security number, mother maiden name, and other real private info. Now, I have several offshore bookie accounts and none of them require this info, so this kind of worried me. Is this a safe site? What does Bris need this info for?

#3 Is Bris the place I want to be? Can you recommend any other sites that are as good or better where I don't have to give them all my personal info?

Thanks all :cool:

GameTheory
11-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I just found this site, and I figured people here would be familiar with them and others.

#1 I am looking for a site that has live odds and that you can place a bet with up until the start of the race... Is brisbet it? Are there any others?

I called them to ask, and they said that they have what I'm looking for...

#2 I also tried to sign up for an account to check it out for myself, when I saw that they require a Social Security number, mother maiden name, and other real private info. Now, I have several offshore bookie accounts and none of them require this info, so this kind of worried me. Is this a safe site? What does Bris need this info for?

#3 Is Bris the place I want to be? Can you recommend any other sites that are as good or better where I don't have to give them all my personal info?
BRIS is an American company with the money going into the pools. They want your SS# so that when you hit a signer they can report to the IRS. If you want to bet "on-shore", BrisBet is a fine choice.

waterproof
11-09-2005, 08:53 PM
BRIS is an American company with the money going into the pools. They want your SS# so that when you hit a signer they can report to the IRS. If you want to bet "on-shore", BrisBet is a fine choice.

On shore gambling? wow... I live in Jersey. Is this legal for me?

GameTheory
11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
On shore gambling? wow... I live in Jersey. Is this legal for me?In Jersey, probably not. If they let you open an account, then you can use it. If they don't, then you can't....

waterproof
11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
found it:

The service is open only to legal U.S. residents. America TAB does not accept accounts from residents of the following states: Alaska, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah or Washington, nor from Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.

GameTheory
11-09-2005, 08:57 PM
found it:

The service is open only to legal U.S. residents. America TAB does not accept accounts from residents of the following states: Alaska, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah or Washington, nor from Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.Waited until the 3rd post to throw us the ad, huh? Brilliant strategy...

waterproof
11-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Anyone know where else I can bet and get live odds and up to the post betting like here?

Any good offshores that anyone plays at?

waterproof
11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Waited until the 3rd post to throw us the ad, huh? Brilliant strategy...

I had it in the second :eek:

Anyway, I never have a sig on boards, but I saw someone else had one... I'll remove it if anyone wants... not trying to piss anyone off here, just a free link is a free link.. helps in search engine rankings.

Still interested:
Anyone know where else I can bet and get live odds and up to the post betting like here?

Any good offshores that anyone plays at?

Thanks for your help :)

GameTheory
11-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Ah, it must have subliminal in the second post. Even more clever...

waterproof
11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Ah, it must have subliminal in the second post. Even more clever...

does it bother you? say the word and it is gone...

I'm really not looking to advertise here. I came cause I had a few questions...

I'm just looking for a site that I can bet in NJ with live odds and up to the race betting... If I had a good site, I wouldn't be here...

Figman
11-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Don't know where you live in NJ but why don't you try the Meadowlands, Monmouth Park or Freehold?????

waterproof
11-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't know where you live in NJ but why don't you try the Meadowlands, Monmouth Park or Freehold?????

It's not for me. It's for my stepfather who wants to bet everyday, but can't make it to the track that often... he'll like to do it from home.

Anyway, he knows I bet on the internet, and I told him I'd try to find out... After a few searchs, I ended up here, and this seemed like a great place to ask the question.

PS. changed the sig for you my man :jump:

waterproof
11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Other posts... and hopefully answers if anyone is interested

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3903233&an=0&page=0#Post3903233

http://forum.therx.com/showthread.php?p=2323800#post2323800

waterproof
11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
For all you bettors in NJ... I have the answer!!!

Thought I would give an update and it is here:
http://forum.therx.com/showthread.php?p=2323906#post2323906

Thanks for your time

lsbets
11-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I thought NJ had an approved internet site for NJ residents now. From what I recall hearing the options were fairly limited.

If your state won't let you bet on the net, I would suggest opening two browser windows. Run Supertote in one (That's still free, right?) and open an off shore account in the other window to bet. From what I have seen at the off shores, their toteboards are lacking.

Zman179
11-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Brisbet is now allowing accounts to be opened up from residents in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Interesting.

rokitman
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Brisbet is now allowing accounts to be opened up from residents in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Interesting.

That is interesting news. Where did ya see it?

Milleruszk
11-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Waterproof:

Get the DishNetwork and you will be in Horseplayer Heaven! :lol:

Zman179
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
That is interesting news. Where did ya see it?

It's within brisbet.com. If you look at the schedule, it'll have red stars next to the tracks that are available for international bettors. And if you go into the "sign up" portion, you'll see the countries that are eligible.

rokitman
11-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I went there and saw the stars. Didn't see the sign-up though.

waterproof
11-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Waterproof:

Get the DishNetwork and you will be in Horseplayer Heaven! :lol:

I'm on it ;)

DishNetwork? Interesting...