5. Atlanta
6. Seattle
7. Dallas/NYG
9. Carolina
10. Cincinnati

on the outside looking in: Washington, Jacksonville, Philly, KC, NE and Tampa

BetHorses!
11-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I would take Atlanta out now and bring in Jax.

Loserdave
11-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Here would be my top 10. I don't think there's that much separation between the top 4.
1.Indy
2.Denver
3.Pittsburgh
4.Carolina
5.Cincinnati
6.New England
7.New York Giants
8.Atlanta
9.Dallas
10.Washington
Looking in would be Jacksonville,Philly and San Diego.

Valuist
11-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I agree w/BH. After week 10, Jax would be moved in and Atlanta out.

IMO, San Diego is definitely one of the top 4- 5 teams despite their record. 4 losses by a combined 12 pts to Pittsburgh, Philly (when they had TO and at Philly), Dallas (last play of the game) and Denver. They've beaten some solid teams in the Giants, New England and KC. Carolina's record looks good on paper but look who they've played: New Orleans, Miami, Green Bay, Arizona, Detroit, Minnesota and the Jets. Their best wins have been over Tampa and NE. A win this week would be a quality win but until then they can't be much higher than 7 or 8.

Loserdave
11-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I agree that San Diego have as much talent and are capable of beating anybody in the league, but they're are the kind of team that finds a way to lose. They even tried to lose to the Jets a couple of weeks ago. With the AFC as tough as it is, they will have a hard time making the playoffs if they find a way to lose a couple more games. After Carolina's loss today, I would agree that they aren't as good as I thought. Washington looked bad today.

Valuist
11-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Right now, there's one team (Indy) and then everyone else. The upcoming schedule will make it tough to go 16-0 but I'll be surprised if they DONT win the Super Bowl.

dav4463
11-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Wait until it gets freezing cold and Manning has to throw the ball in a snowstorm in Denver or New England. A dome QB in the elements is always a tough situation. Aren't the Rams the only team to have ever won a superbowl that played their home games in a domed stadium? I don't think that is a coincidence. Teams that play outdoors are better prepared for bad weather games that can crop up occasionally at playoff time.

cj
11-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Chances are, they aren't going to have to play any games that matter in bad weather. That is what happens when you have the best record.

Valuist
11-21-2005, 10:20 AM
CJ is correct.

Some years you know who will win the SB after about 4-5 weeks. This season is one of those years.

Valuist
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
After week 11, I'd rank them this way:

1. Indy
2. Denver
3. San Diego
4. Pittsburgh
5. Dallas
6. NY Giants
7. Cincinnati
8. Jacksonville
9. Chicago
10. Carolina

cj
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
The Bengals, right now, are better than Pittsburgh. If Big Ben comes back healthy, that could change. Not arguing with your rating.

Suff
11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
despite some weak spots... the championship experience puts the Patriots in the top ten by default.

How about Bill Belicheck? His dad died Saturday night. He showed up Sunday and did'nt tell anyone until the Postgame Locker room talk.

Valuist
11-21-2005, 12:45 PM
The Patriots should win their division handily. They got thru the tough part of the schedule and the rest of the way, except this week, looks pretty easy. Brady still is capable of lighting it up and w/Bruschi back, the defense may be coming around. It hasn't hurt that Buffalo has been a disappointment and the Jets are downright terrible.

The negatives? No running game at all and no Rodney Harrison makes them very vulnerable to the pass. They could win a playoff game but I don't see them getting past the top 4 teams (Pitt with Roethlesberger starting).

Loserdave
11-22-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm a Colts fan, so maybe it's just that I'm used to being disappointed, but I really don't think the Colts are that much better than Denver or Pittsburgh when Big Ben is in. San Diego has as much talent as anybody. When we play Jacksonville, it's always a dogfight. New England is capable of getting hot in the playoffs. We only beat Cincinnati by a touchdown. I'm not nearly as confident the Colts will get to the Super Bowl as you are. I do think that whoever comes out of the AFC will win easy.

dav4463
11-22-2005, 02:38 AM
Chances are, they aren't going to have to play any games that matter in bad weather. That is what happens when you have the best record.

True. I wasn't thinking ! The Colts do remind me a lot of the 99 Rams. Unstoppable offense....

BetHorses!
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
After week 11, I'd rank them this way:

1. Indy
2. Denver
3. San Diego
4. Pittsburgh
5. Dallas
6. NY Giants
7. Cincinnati
8. Jacksonville
9. Chicago
10. Carolina

Agree except for Chicago over Seattle you homer you but nothing wrong with that. I have Seattle 3 points better than Chicago on a neutral