PDA

View Full Version : TV shows I dont get.

superfecta
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
What is the deal on some of these shows on TV that are supposed to be hits?!Watched "arrested development" and it had only one good joke.Cant stand "the Office",tried watching again and lasted less than ten minutes.CSI anywhere is not my bag,Law and order is just as pathetic.Cant stand any of the reality shows by the Donald,Amazin race,survivor Etc.
I like "my name is Earl",All the poker shows,"Las Vegas" and of course TVG.
Maybe ive answered my own question eh? :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Most shows are copycats or just plain not very creative. (CSI Veag, Miami, NY, Etc,) ) Last unknown to not be kicked off the show wins money). Myu wife keeps it on CBS no matter what is on.

toetoe
11-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Most perfectly, spot-on mediocre, thereby guaranteeing smash-hit status: Everybody Loves Raymond.

So good the hour just flies by: House, M.D.

So scary in the intro, I don't dare stay for the show: America's Next Annoying Model. The hostess looks like something out of "Clash Of The Titans."

Favorite guilty pleasure, although it panders to teenagers, exclusively: Veronica Mars. Love Enrico Colantoni, who plays the dad. Which brings me to ...

Reruns in my area:

How can I love it when it has my two least favorite "talents" on the planet, George Segal and David Spade?: Just Shoot Me.

Redemption for a guy associated with the show that perfected the recipe of boring white people trading one-liners while a live audience dumber than a laugh-track guffaws non-stop: Ted Danson in Becker.

UPN: Do black folks feel as embarrassed watching Girlfriends, Half And Half, etc., as I do glancing at Friends, Will And Grace, Frasier, etc., for five seconds?

JustRalph
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Redemption for a guy associated with the show that perfected the recipe of boring white people trading one-liners while a live audience dumber than a laugh-track guffaws non-stop: Ted Danson in Becker.

rode up the elevator at Hollywood park with the goofy italian guy from Becker (the building super) and his gal. They were double dating with the "little guy" from Seinfeld who played "Mickey" They were very nice and cordial. The Mickey character has a real serious problem walking. Looked painful. Just don't get stuck in line behind Dick Van Patten when he is playing a bunch of exacta tickets. You will never get your bet in............

Steve 'StatMan'
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Just don't get stuck in line behind Dick Van Patten when he is playing a bunch of exacta tickets. You will never get your bet in............

Is eight not really enough? :D

GaryG
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Ralph,
Do you remember about 15 years ago they used to have a softball game at Arcadia Park between the jockeys and celebrities to raise money for the MacBeth fund? Tim Conway was the MC and every Van Patten known to man must have been there. Chris McCarron helped my son get a ball autographed by all the jockeys Seems like Corey Nakatani was the best ball player.

Hosshead
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Ralph,
Do you remember about 15 years ago they used to have a softball game at Arcadia Park between the jockeys and celebrities to raise money for the MacBeth fund? Tim Conway was the MC and every Van Patten known to man must have been there. Chris McCarron helped my son get a ball autographed by all the jockeys Seems like Corey Nakatani was the best ball player.I was there. Shoemaker was pitching, Tim Conway & Harvey Corman were there, David Cassidy, Laffit and his son were playing. Pat McCormick (Smokey & the Bandit) was an ump. I used to hang out with Pat at the track. He was a big racing fan, but sat outside, to smoke his cigars. Sadly, at 78, he passed away about 2 months ago.

Also, once a year, they used to have a jockey basketball game.
The jockeys would play the local jr. high school team.
The best 2 players were Kent D. and Corey N. They could put on some moves.

toetoe
11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Pat MacCormack, former writer for Johnny Carson, HAD to get ulcers listening to the latter-day "jokes" delivered by Letter Man and Lame-o. Jay's stuff is 100% bad riff on the Bob Hope topical model. Letter Man has the band, led by the scariest man ever, "accompany" every "comic" bit, the hollowest of all being the "Top Ten List." This "innovation" is franchised and played daily on radio shows! L-Man can barely stand the lines himself, rushing right through from one to the next. The audience, made of real troopers, tries to laugh in the right places, but without prompting, it falls flat. But heck, now it's a TRADITION! Yes, I guess that's it. Our popular "culture," THAT's what we would defend at all costs against the world. By God, it's the American Way. Even if we lose Truth and Justice, we'll have Jay, Dave, Friends, Joey, Ray Romano, and A Very Brady Xmas.

Quiz: Give the question to which Karnak foresaw the following answer: "Pass the hat."

chickenhead
11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I've only read the comic strip maybe 5 times, but was coerced into staying up sunday night to watch the premier of The Boondocks. What a piece of crap that was (the opening 15 minutes at least, which is all I watched)..I assume from the hoopla the strip must be much better.

toetoe
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
It seems the show can be bad enough to become a hit. But in a twist as American as apple pie, the vast majority of coverage centered on the use of the n-word. I was mighty p-word o-word to hear this s-word rear its ugly head again. We're f-word-ed, we just don't know it yet. G-word D-word it!