PDA

View Full Version : Dan Geer System

Molock
06-19-2002, 01:22 AM
I was flipping through the latest issue (not June, perhaps May or July) of ATM at the local newstand (because I'm too much of a cheap b***ard to pay for it) and noticed the latest Dan Geer System which talked about finding the perfect line (I believe that was what he called it). Using I believe 4 rules he was able to spot pick some surprising winners (such as having raced on this same track in the last 30 days, having finished 1st or second in the last race (?), etc). I didn't see an ROI (perhaps because there was none), but was wondering if anyone else has taken a serious look at this method. If so, maybe I can pry my wallet open and pay for the damn thing.

SM

GameTheory
06-19-2002, 04:43 AM
If you're going to take seriously any system from ATM, you have to do the workout yourself.

IMO, this magazine is a fraud, but that doesn't mean it might not have the occasional good idea. But you certainly can't tell which is which just by reading it.

superfecta
06-19-2002, 10:31 PM
I read the article and wasn't impressed too much by it.Just another spot play.But it can be used by novices to expand ideas,teaching how to look at races and spot possible contenders.For the most part thats what the whole mag is,just something to give you food for thought ,it never will give you a method to select winners consistently,it just gives you information to help you become more knowlegable about horseracing in general.

cj
06-19-2002, 10:34 PM
I used to buy the magazine, but I never really found anything of use after my beginner stage. Occasionally, I'll look at one without buying, but I don't think it has changed at all in at least 10 years.

CJ

sq764
06-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Is it me or do they just plug in one of Talbout's articles, a longshot angle and a horse article.. Add that with the advertisements and a couple of letters sent in, and you have a $4.00 magazine..

Lefty
06-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Back when I first started reading it, it was thirty-five cents. Oh, My God!

so.cal.fan
06-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Lefty writes:
Back when I first started reading it, it was thirty-five cents. Oh, My God!

Was Ray Talbout still alive back then, Lefty?
:D

Lefty
06-24-2002, 12:28 PM
1955, and yes he was. I had a few letters from him in the sixties. I
think he died in the 70's. To my mind his Pace Calculator was the forerunner of the many computer prgms that have superseded it that are around today. He laid the groundork with his pace concepts that were "revolutionary' for the time period.

Aussieplayer
06-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Speaking of the pace calculator, this has probably already been posted, but here's a link to Sartin - keeping it simple would you believe!!

www.winsports.com/ATM/Atmfeat/pace1.htm

AP