PDA

View Full Version : COLTS vs PATS

xfile
11-06-2005, 12:59 PM
COLTS vs PATS on Monday night. Line is IND - 3 1/2. Curious what you boys think. I'm thinking of laying.

joeyspicks
11-06-2005, 01:26 PM
first time in years the Pats are getting points here in Boston. The Pats are hurting.........especially in the secondary. Payton is TIRED of hearing about the Pats beating him and the Pats were EXTREMELY lucky to get a win against Buffalo last week. My own thoughts are to go against the Pats for the first time in years. Its possible they could get blown out......very possible.

However I have seen them produce miracles on a regular basis since Brady and Bellichek arrived. IF I play it.....I could NOT play the Pats....and thats saying alot as a fan..

SAL
11-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Hmmm. On paper, the Colts look like the sensible play. But they did in the playoffs last year too. I think that Belichick just knows how to gameplan against Indy. I would take the points. If it were 3 or less I would pass.

toetoe
11-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm clueless betting on humans, but here goes. Indianapolis by 10.

andicap
11-07-2005, 05:48 PM
line now at Pat +4.

If Indy covers +6.5 I hit 3 teasers. Hedged slightly on Pats 19-10 on the moneyline and I hit both if Pats win by 6 or less.
Had an out of my mind day yesterday winning 5 teasers including a 6 team 6 pt one at 5-1. Lost only 2 small money line bets on Detroit and Tenn.

Here's how lucky I was yesterday. I'll play for "middles" in teasers. In 3 team , 10-pt teasers I'll take two games I think are a lock and then play both sides in the 3rd game and if it hits the middle I win both bets. If my keys win worst I do is lose the vig.
So I played Giants straight up and Indy +6.5 tonight.
Well, Seattle-Ariz over under 32.5/52.5 was the middle. Seattle scores TD to make 33-19 (Oh, crap). But then the Cards block the PAT!!!!

How often do you win a bet on a blocked extra point? Of course if Indy gets blown out ......

WINMANWIN
11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Sounds good to me Andi, The bookies used to say teasers are sucker bets but I like them :ThmbUp: It just may be pay back, time for the Colts tonite.
I think they want to pound this Patriot team tonite, but the bye week worries me some, and every week in the N.F.L the injury reports get more complex and have many second guessing just about every game. If New England can beat this un-defeated team tonite, with all there Injuries, Hats off to them.
I would bet the ranch that If they meet in the Playoffs this year. THE COLTS
WOULD BEAT'EM.

Valuist
11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm passing the game. Lean toward Indy, but laying 4 and w/their history, I don't think there's value. I do think they are the better team but that won't get me to the window.

joeyspicks
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm not doing a thing tonight but watching the game: but my opinion is COLTS by 14.....maybe 17 points.

kenwoodallpromos
11-07-2005, 09:55 PM
NE by 10.

toetoe
11-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Ken, you posted that when they were already behind, right? It's getting worse for NE.

Zaf
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm a Jets fan , so right now , I'm a happy camper. Colts 31 Pats 14 :jump:

ZAFONIC

Dan Montilion
11-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Pats fail to show up. Who gives a "tuck"?

Dan Montilion

xfile
11-08-2005, 12:06 AM
first time in years the Pats are getting points here in Boston. The Pats are hurting.........especially in the secondary. Payton is TIRED of hearing about the Pats beating him and the Pats were EXTREMELY lucky to get a win against Buffalo last week. My own thoughts are to go against the Pats for the first time in years. Its possible they could get blown out......very possible.

However I have seen them produce miracles on a regular basis since Brady and Bellichek arrived. IF I play it.....I could NOT play the Pats....and thats saying alot as a fan..

You were right on the money. You confirmed my thoughts. It's 1 minute to go and the Pats got Grandpa Flutie taking snaps....lol...i see a white flag waving....:D

michiken
11-08-2005, 08:50 AM
l Lost only 2 small money line bets on Detroit and Tenn.

Detroit is my hometown team and now you know why we call them the 'lie downs'

andicap
11-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I know he doesn't have much of an offensive line or a running game but Joey Harrington has to be one of the worst highly touted QBs to come out of college in a while. He's passed the break-in period usually alloted QBs and he still throws too many INTs, too many balls over receivers heads and into the ground.
Plus I noticed while watching the game that Harrington isn't very good at looking off his first couple of options and finding an open man.
Of course Jeff Garcia is in the words of a Lions fan I know, "a slower Joey Harrington."

Valuist
11-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Harrington-

Another in a long line of bustout Pac 10 QBs.....Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNoun, Kyle Boller, Marques Tuiaososopo. Looks like Carson Palmer will/is breaking the streak. Since Bledsoe, there hasn't been much in the way of Pac 10 QBs. Up until the recent USC teams, nobody in the conference ever played any defense.

andicap
11-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Harrington-

Another in a long line of bustout Pac 10 QBs.....Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNoun, Kyle Boller, Marques Tuiaososopo. Looks like Carson Palmer will/is breaking the streak. Since Bledsoe, there hasn't been much in the way of Pac 10 QBs. Up until the recent USC teams, nobody in the conference ever played any defense.

Am I dating myself by mentioning Gary Beban? :D (really I'm not that old -- just was a huge sports fan when I was very little.)

At least you have Jim Plunkett. Didn't John Elway go to Stanford too? I guess only the SMART Pac-10 QBs prosper in the pros. :D

andicap
11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Sounds good to me Andi, The bookies used to say teasers are sucker bets but I like them :ThmbUp: It just may be pay back, time for the Colts tonite.
I think they want to pound this Patriot team tonite, but the bye week worries me some, and every week in the N.F.L the injury reports get more complex and have many second guessing just about every game. If New England can beat this un-defeated team tonite, with all there Injuries, Hats off to them.
I would bet the ranch that If they meet in the Playoffs this year. THE COLTS
WOULD BEAT'EM.

Well I've never gone 8 for 8 before on teasers and I rarely hit that 6-team 6pt teaser at 5-1. I play it for $5 as a lark. I like teasers because when I go to the bar and watch the games I have something to root for. I've finished down the last two years but my record this year on the 4 team 13 pt teasers is like 6-1 The odds are awful since you bet 10 to win $7.14 so you have to hit 3 out of 5 to be profitable.

toetoe
11-08-2005, 12:02 PM
DMont,

Good Raiders reference. You're the Artie Gigantino of this board, Dan. Hey, if a San Diego pitcher had a similar episode, the ball squirting out of his hand, could we call it the Friar Tuck?

Andi,

No way is JGar slower than JHar. He's no Steve Young, but he'll serve.

Valuist
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Sure you have Elway, and Plunkett too, although Plunkett really wasn't much good until he got to the Raiders. But that was long, long ago. I was referring to since Bledsoe (1993).

GaryG
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
How about Mark Brunell, U Dub I think in 1991 or 92. Speaking of QBs, am I the only one that thinks Atlanta would be a super bowl team with Schaub at QB and Vick at WR?

toetoe
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Valuist,

Let me jump over to the Big Ten or Big Eight or whatever it was in the days of ... Ron Van Der Kellen(sp.?) of the Wisconsin(?) Badgers(?). I'm all out of interrogative marks. I gotta go.

toetoe
11-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Gary, you RACIST! Okay, just kidding, even though it's a sin to joke about something SO serious, SO monumental, SO important that, well, we just don't talk about it. It's just not done.

Quiz time: Who platooned (if that's the term) with Brunell at Washington? Went to the Greatness Of The Ray-duhs, I think. I think one of them was also a placekicker.

GaryG
11-08-2005, 12:52 PM
toe-I forget his name but he was goofy and stole a stereo or something. Seriously, without being racist, it is as hard to replace a black QB as a black coach. One time the Titans used O'Donnell when Air McNair was recovering from an injury and were called racist because McNair said he was ready.

Valuist
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Toetoe-

The Big 10? The Big 10 has put out their fair share of QBs in the past 10 years. Trent Green, Brees, Griese, Grbac, and oh yeah, that Brady guy. I would say that's pretty solid. Even the MAC has turned out Culpepper, Pennington, Leftwich and Rothlesberger. That's much better than the Pac 10 in the past 10 years.

Dan Montilion
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Gary, you RACIST! Okay, just kidding, even though it's a sin to joke about something SO serious, SO monumental, SO important that, well, we just don't talk about it. It's just not done.

Quiz time: Who platooned (if that's the term) with Brunell at Washington? Went to the Greatness Of The Ray-duhs, I think. I think one of them was also a placekicker.

Billy Joe Hobert

Dan Joe Montilion