PDA

View Full Version : SA SAT

SAL
11-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Picks for Santa Anita Saturday:

R1 #5 Archies Dream-Made a nice rally at big odds last time off a brief freshening. I have knocks against most of the runners here.

R2 #4 Wind Surf-Trainer/jock team do very well together. First time claimer may surprise here at a price.

R3 #5 Coronado’s Pride-Was able to control the pace in a speed laden field last time. He looks to have an easier time of it on the front end today and should be tough to catch.

R4 #6 Urban Doll-Didn’t break well, then rushed on the inside before fading. Nice drill since then, and a clean break may be all he needs.

R5 #5 Guidebook-Took to this course nicely last out. Minus point is he loses P Val

R6 #12 Dixie Chic-Should be tough here with the return to dirt.

R7 #11 Great Action-Should move up with the barn upgrade. Ran nicely in first try on this course.

R8 #3 Dinner Magic-Not likely that anything in here can run with him early.

R9 #1 Aubonne-Ran well in the US when she got a firm surface. Good connections here and the price will be ok.

R10 #7 Two Turn Trick-Has been showing improvement. Nice drill since last.

Hosshead
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Good going Sal. You had a +35 % ROI for the day at SA.

chickenhead
11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
R3 #5 Coronado’s Pride-Was able to control the pace in a speed laden field last time. He looks to have an easier time of it on the front end today and should be tough to catch.

I was on the 5 as well, if I'd been at the track I'd have thrown my ticket on the ground after 4F, being at home I had to settle for cursing loudly at the monitor and flailing my arms.

Of course, being at home saved me from having to go to my hands and knees to find to ticket after he won...that was an impressive race he ran, don't see many like that.

SAL
11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, the race didn't go as planned, I didn't expect Pedroza's horse to be so gung ho on getting to the front. But a winner's a winner, I wasn't too confident after the half mile fraction went up either. :)