PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 9

Valuist
11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
last week 3-4, season 25-20-1

Houston +13---like this one for several reasons; first Jacksonville over the years, and especially last year, has made a habit of winning close games. They rarely blow teams out. Secondly, one of my favorite fundamental plays is a game with a total of under 38 and a spread of 6 or bigger; in this situation the dog is the play because there doesn't figure to be a ton of points. Lastly, Houston beat them twice last year so matchup wise the aren't overmatched.

Baltimore +3---didn't like what I saw out of Cincinnati last week. They picked Favre 5 times yet GB still had a chance to tie the game late. So won't they pick off a turnover prone QB like Wright? I suspect Baltimore will be running the ball primarily. Its a contract year for Jamal Lewis and he better step it up soon. Cincinnati has been living off their interceptions; they can be run on. I thought the Ravens looked very sharp last Monday against a tough Steeler team in Pittsburgh. I'll take the divisional home doggie here.

Valuist
11-04-2005, 11:32 AM
WASHINGTON -3 over Philly. I'll probably get roasted for this because in my top 10 I had Philly ranked in there and not Wash. I posted that before I did the fundamental matchups and handicapped this week. Washington layed an egg last week and it was a bad situation, coming off a 52 pt effort and then traveling to face a team who's owner just died. I look for Washington to bounce back here.

Valuist
11-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Didn't hurt that TO won't be there.

Adding one total: Oakland/KC over 50 1/2. The earlier matchup between these two teams went under but THREE touchdowns were called back by penalties in that game, including a completely bogus pass int call on Moss. Moss is listed as questionable but when he sees Surtain, Warfield and McCleon all hurting (KC's top 3 DBs), he'll be on the field.

BetHorses!
11-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Didn't hurt that TO won't be there.

I think it might actually help the Eagles. Line did not move. He is bad news and they might pull together now. I stayed away though.

Good Luck

Valuist
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
2-2 on the weekend. Tough loss by a 1/2 pt with the Oak/KC total.

Do you think ESPN can run this TO thing any more into the ground?? And nobody is better than blowing stuff out of proportion better than the 3 knuckleheads (Theismann, McGuire and Patrick) who announce the game. I think three TVG hosts might even be better!

GaryG
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Whenever there is a challenge I hit the mute button immediately. Theismann especially will not shut up and keeps repeating himself. ESPN is not that much different from TVG. The commercials tell you what audience they are catering to, the beer drinking, male bonding twenty somethings with their caps on sideways.

BetHorses!
11-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Tough loss by a 1/2 pt with the Oak/KC total.

9-6 at halftime. It was amazing you even had a shot. Why did they kick the extra point at the end :bang: