PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle/GLD

oexplayer68
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I've tried submitting wagers for races two and three, well in advance of post, however it's giving me the preverbial "race is closed" message. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be that because I took them for 9K at this track yesterday that it is "risk management" on their part? Thanks!

rokitman
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Could be, yes. Good for you. Get those schemers again.

oexplayer68
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Thank you for the reply. I was able to get it fixed after and email to them and opening a new browser. I'm a definitlely a loyal Pinnacle customer, but you kind of wonder the ramifications of beating them consistently. I've read here about being pooled, and even wager-matched, which could really hurt an exotic player. The rebates are addictive, so it would be difficult to lose them along with the non-signers. Thx!

toetoe
11-02-2005, 07:52 PM
How sweet it must be to hit a race or two for $9,000 at a track thevalue of whose entire equine population may not exceed that amount. Kinda like the fair circuit. Anyway, the scoundrels are just supposed to lay off your action themselves, right? Isn't that the SOP for the SOB's?

oexplayer68
11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah Toetoe, pretty sweet indeed. I actually maxed out a tri there for the first time yesterday and got back only 5K instead of the $8590 it paid through the pools.

You are right, GLD is the last stop before the glue factory. I'll tell you what though, playing there is like being in a time warp, as those folks just don't know how to bet. I feel like it is 1985 when I glance at the exacta probables.

I wonder at what point Pinny starts laying off wagers? Rook has said he won about 150K before anything happened. I am fast approaching that number, and just wonder when it will happen. Have imposed "risk management" on you yet?

toetoe
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I hope to soar in that rarefied air someday.

AngelEyes
11-02-2005, 10:55 PM
When I first started betting at Pinnacle about a year ago I appreciated the fact that I could bet right up to post time. Recently at times I have noticed that they are closing races minutes before post time. Like tonight, last race at Meadowlands was closed 2 minutes before post time. Is it because I have been doing well recently ? Only up a couple thousand in the last month ???

cj
11-03-2005, 03:22 AM
...You are right, GLD is the last stop before the glue factory. I'll tell you what though, playing there is like being in a time warp, as those folks just don't know how to bet. I feel like it is 1985 when I glance at the exacta probables...

I have found some crazy overlays at this track, I just don't play the 4f races.

DeoVolente
11-03-2005, 07:43 AM
I only bet NY with Pinnacle and have made wagers as the horses were loading in the gate and seconds before the start.