PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Wagers using ATR and Pinnacle / Help Please

shanta
10-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Beginning on December 1st I am looking to open an account with Pinnacle ( currently using Brisbet) and signing up to use ATR Pro. I understand that this combo will enable me to place a series of conditional wagers all at once at the start of the day. I am currently spending upwards of 55 hours a week tied up in front of my computer screen looking at odds and NEED to change this.

I am ONLY interested in making WIN BETS. Changes in track condition after wagers are made don't matter.

I am a total retard with this way of wagering so please any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Some questions please:

1) I want to enter a minimum odds requirement to make my win bets and have 2 MTP as the time the oddsboard is scanned to see if wagers are made/passed.ALL my work the last 90 days is based on odds at 2 mtp. Is this doable?

2) are there certain specific tracks that Pinnacle closes the pools BEFORE 2 mtp on a REGULAR basis? If there are I have to eliminate these tracks from consideration without exception.

Thank you in advance for any help guys/gals. I want to have a complete understanding of what can and can't be done in advance.

Richie Pizzicara

toetoe
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm guessing, but I think ATR can do this for you. By the way, the guy's name also begins with Pizzi-.

I think your only problem will come in the rare instances that the start is delayed. I'm sure you know that the vast majority of money will come in after the two-minute mark, after even the one-minute mark.

midnight
10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
You have to register ATR Pro with the author and esign a release that basically frees him of any liability, should Pinnacle, you and/or the program screw up. That said, I haven't heard any horror stories involving the conditional bets.

Understand that the odds change greatly from the two minute mark on. They do this especially with the first three morning line favorites and much moreso with the morning line favorite. It happens more often on the betting favorites and moreso with the shorter favorites (under 2-1).

Pinnacle does close some tracks early, although rarely with less than 2 minutes to post. The two most likely are Hooiser (and Indiana Downs when they carry it) and Woodbine (and Mohawk when they carry it). The Ohio tracks sometimes close early.

Be forewarned that everything you bet on the smaller tracks may well find its way into the track pools.

toetoe
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I think midnight means rarely with MORE than two minutes left. Let us know whether you pull it off, shanta. Hey, call it the conditional shanta clause. Heck, why not? :rolleyes:

shanta
10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Toe Toe and Midnight:

Thanx so much for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

Midnight:
Except in extremely rare cases my bets would NOT be on one of the 3 favs whether looking at the ML or Toteboard. I am gonna find out about ATR when I get back to NY.

Thanx again
Richie :)

Handiman
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Forgive my ignorance. What is ATR? And also I would like some input as to which online horse betting site is the best. Right now, I use ebet. Never had a problem, but always like to be in the loop.

Thanks,
Handi

Figman
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Info about ATR is here:
http://tinyurl.com/74vta

Handiman
11-01-2005, 02:50 AM
This is way too cool!!

Handi :)