PDA

View Full Version : The Better Horses In The Race

Nickle
10-30-2005, 08:00 PM
The more unpredicatable they seem to be

Why?

DJofSD
10-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, according to Light, it's because they got the wrong post position.

DJofSD

Valuist
10-30-2005, 10:06 PM
The better the quality of the race, the better the longshots are. Most either have decent current form or some back class.

Buddha
10-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I think that it has to do with what has been mentioned, that they are the best. The better they are, the more all of them have a shot. That is the reason I dont bet too much in BC type days. Give me 10 broken down 5k claimers at MNR any day. I at least know that there are a few tosses based on connections alone, and that is just a start to narrowing the field down. As Valuist stated, even teh longshots are better. You cant bet every horse, so there are some (most) that have credentials to win the race, and thus become a "longshot" winner and pay a price, but yet still had a good shot to win.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2005, 12:41 PM
In just about any sport, the better the athletes competing, the less difference among them and it takes less to make the difference between winning and losing. It also makes for more consistency by each athlete generally.

46zilzal
10-31-2005, 12:46 PM
I think that it has to do with what has been mentioned, that they are the best. The better they are, the more all of them have a shot. That is the reason I dont bet too much in BC type days. Give me 10 broken down 5k claimers at MNR any day.

BINGO the Breeder's Cup in a nutshell. Think I have made 5 bets TOTAL but followed everyone (I was about 35 feet away from Wild Again, Slew O Gold and Gate Dancer the first year)......too deep