PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Jones and Paul Skelton!

Maxspa
10-30-2005, 08:37 AM
All,
Gordon Jones and Paul Skelton have established a business relationship and will be offering their picks. I am not aware of the details regarding the service but they have established a web-site at www.thoroughbredinsiders.com.
For those Gordon Jones fans the web site has an update regarding the books he is working on.
This is a sharing of information for followers, and friends of Gordon Jones and in no way am I affiliated with the above venture!
Maxspa

banacek
12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Maxspa, did you register for the "free picks" with these guys? I did. All I got was a phone call from some guy trying to get me to sign up for a couple of hundred bucks for a couple of months of spot picks - all solid at odds of at least 5-2. I passed, but he gave me a play for the day at Turf Paradise that won and paid 6-5. Haven't heard form them since. Are they actually giving out any free selections?

midnight
12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Just what the industry needs: another selection service. I'm surprised he hasn't joined up with Trackmaster.

shanta
12-06-2005, 08:00 PM
All,
Gordon Jones and Paul Skelton have established a business relationship and will be offering their picks. I am not aware of the details regarding the service but they have established a web-site at www.thoroughbredinsiders.com.
For those Gordon Jones fans the web site has an update regarding the books he is working on.
This is a sharing of information for followers, and friends of Gordon Jones and in no way am I affiliated with the above venture!
Maxspa

Thanx for the info Max.
I think there is more talent right HERE on the selections area.

How bout Jimmy ( ILS) posting multi thousand dollar trifectas and pik 3's that are "signers". He is just freakin unconscious

Then you have "Ecclecticapper" posting winning months for how long now?

"Rmania" with an ROI thats incredible.

"Midnight" who posted day after day and showed overall profits like a champ.

These guys ROCK

Richie :)

John
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Max, Thanks for keeping us informed. Good job,

Maxspa
12-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Banacek,
Gordon Jones IMHO is one of the best handicappers in the country! He is a class person as well. I've met him at Sam's Town in Las Vegas and he is the real deal! He used to have an 800 number where you could get all his taped selections for a reasonable fee! On his internet show broadcasted from Vegas he would keep track of every bet he and the guests would make. Everything was up front even his board selections at Sam's Town were there for everyone to see and daily results were tallied as well.
Now I am totally disappointed and disgusted with the pressure approach his group is using now. I have a hard time believing Gordon has instituted that type of process. Nothing is upfront and its all about getting the customer to upgrade and who knows how many of the upgrades there are! Enough said!
Maxspa

banacek
12-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Banacek,
Nothing is upfront and its all about getting the customer to upgrade and who knows how many of the upgrades there are! Enough said!
Maxspa
Thanks for the info, Maxspa. What kind of "upgrades" are we talking about. I'm still waiting for the "free selections" they were going to email me.

Maxspa
12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Banacek,
The old boiler room technique we'll upgrade you to better price selections for a couple of hundred more! Like we were all born yesterday!
I'll give credit where credit is due, they've given out winning selections over time. Again how do you know what selections you are getting when nothing is documented?
Maxspa

banacek
12-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Maxspa,

thanks for the info. It seemed that way when I got the phone call. Somewhat disappointing. I, too, have (had?) great respect for Gordon Jones. I think I read his book before Beyer's Picking Winners (they came out around the same time, I think). I really would like to see another book (as advertised) by him, but I'm quite wary now.

midnight
12-07-2005, 05:56 AM
If they're using hiring high-pressure salesmen, than either Gordon isn't aware of what's going on (unlikely), or he's sunk to an uncharacteristically cheap and sleazy low.

toetoe
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Jimmy unconscious? Throw him into a cold shower until he's sober, er ... I mean, conscious. We need him. Hurry, man.

Maxspa
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Midnight,
I too am very surprised by the change of events! Perhaps he was influenced by his partner from the MidWest on this issue! They have given one-three picks and on some days none at all, but when a profit is made you can be sure the upgrade pressure will be there the next day you call.
Maxspa

midnight
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Another problem is that you don't know if you're getting the same picks as the next person is. They can't give out different horses in the same race, because they'd get caught, and it'd spread over the internet like wildfire. But it wouldn't stop them from having picks for six races and selecting different sets of three races for each prospective customer.