PDA

View Full Version : Sadest sports time of the year

OTM Al
10-30-2005, 06:55 AM
I really don't like football, so once the baseball season ends I always get a bit sad. Nothing I enjoy more than flipping on a game when I get home after work or going out to the stadium on a warm day. Now darkness and cold for 4 months......perhaps my new fancy cable package will have winter league games. Viva la Beisbol!!!!!!!!! And congrats again to the Sox

Valuist
10-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Not to mention the Breeders Cup is now 364 days away! On the positive side, its opening day at CD.

My least favorite time of year is January. I love Gulfstream but there's so many layoff horses the first 2-3 weeks that I usually don't start betting it until the final week of January. The NFL regular season, which I love, is over. I'm not nearly as big a fan of the playoffs. No baseball. I'll watch some basketball and bet an occasional total but its not my favorite sport. I was looking forward to playing the Fair Grounds but that won't be an option this January. And where I live becomes Chi-beria in January. Can we just wipe this f-ing month off the calendar?

toetoe
10-30-2005, 11:29 AM
My fondest memories are of listening to Giants games on the radio, with nothing on the line, unaware that anyone's head was on the chopping block, blissfully ignorant of any tales of sex, drugs, etc. Second place goes to G's-D's T-V tilts from Chavez Ravine on KTVU, Channel 2.

OTM Al
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Its even worse than that Valuist...The BC isn't til Nov. 4 next year....guess they want a full week at CD to work the kinks out after the Keeneland meet is over, which evidently won't be shifted up at all. Chi-beria is about right. I grew up in northern Indiana, so I know of what you speak. After being a bit cold yesterday at Belmont it was almost 70 in NYC today. Would have been beautiful out there. Ah well. Another good thing, though many disagree is that Aqueduct opens Wednesday. I appreciate the history of Belmont and love the grandure of Belmont, but Aqueduct is my track.