PDA

View Full Version : BC Reviews?

fouroneone
10-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Thoughts? Experiences? Were you at the track? Lets hear some reviews!

OTM Al
10-30-2005, 06:38 AM
I was there and had a pretty good time. It was a bit cold at first, but got used to it and it was fine when the wind died down. My only complaint was with those automated betting machines. One of those pices of crap wouldn't take my voucher. Kept giving me the feed jam message and spitting it back out, so I went to another machine where I was informed that my $80 voucher was now worthless as the first machine, despite not taking it, had read off the balance and kept it, and probably given it to the next guy who actually got it to work, which I learned later when one of the managers there had figured out what happened. Really shitty software on those, but at least the people there were helpful and aplogetic. Missed the sprint and didn't get a bet down on the mile, which I would have had...oh well... My highlites were

1. St Liam. Saw him win his first this year at GP and now his last at Belmont. Nice bookends to what clearly should be a HOY award.

2. Hit the first 2 exactas and the first P3 of the day and then was dry until hitting final exacta. (Only played Ex, P3, P4) Ended up losing about $150 (not counting the machine ripoff), but that was still the best I've done on a BC day. No where close to the baths I've taken in the past.

3. Artie! Finally got the big one and Leroi ran pretty good too. Showed those Euros in that race anyway.

4. Those BBQ sandwiches were really good. I had a pork AND a beef.

5. That goofy stuffed horse souvenir. He made me crack up. I had to get one. He was a better value than all the other stuff they were selling and he just made me smile. Put him on my dresser so I'll see him in the morning and be able to start days with a smile...

Only 2 lowlites, the afore mentioned machines and Lost in the Fog. Banged around at the start and still had his head in front in the stretch. Might have been a more solid effort than some of his wins. Still would have liked to see him win though. I find it ironic though that despite finishing 7th he still beat both horses that the touts were picking to beat him. He has a lot of good running left in him I think. A minor lowlite was leaving Stevie Wonderboy off my P3s. Only race of the day where I was sucked in by the "experts" as I had originally planned to use only him and First Samurai. Henny ran another excellent race btw that did surprise me.

All and all a fun day. Think I might have to go to Churchill next year!

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2005, 01:50 PM
I ended up going after all....I had posted here that I was going, and was looking for others who were going, but then it looked like I wasn't going, so I deleted the post....

But, I got a last minute call from a friend, and despite having no tickets, I went, and I'm glad I did. Not having a seat was a blessing on Saturday...it was way too cold to be sitting down all day!! LOL

Went to the rail for every race....didn't cash much of anything, but had a good time after all...

Word to the wise, when it's cool out and the north wind is blowing, it will feel 10 to 20 degrees colder at Belmont than anywhere else! The grandstand faces north!

toetoe
10-31-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought 'Fog had finished fifth? :confused:

I killed 'em yesterday. :liar:

kitts
10-31-2005, 03:20 PM
I wasn't at the track (a very long walk from here) but I enjoyed the spectacle and am glad I had the "saver" on Intercontinental because I lost any and all of my other bets. Wait 'til next year!!!

Tom
10-31-2005, 10:54 PM
I got well on the Turf.

I now love the French, love them.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

toetoe
10-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Good old Andre "Vrett" Fabre. A master, but he DID have the German horse, who got a perfect trip.