PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle gives horseplayers the finger (as usual)

Geekyguy
10-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Anytime you have a big day in sports, you can FORGET playing horses at Pinnacle, unless you don't mind waiting a few hours to get paid.

cj
10-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I've cashed a few tickets, they've been graded pretty quick. It's not like you can spend the money today, what's the big deal?

BetHorses!
10-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I think they are being very fair today. 7% rebate can win up to 100,000 per race up to 750,000 on the Pick 6. And I got 3-1 on Folklore there :eek:

I give them a big thumbs up :ThmbUp:

Valuist
10-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm still waiting on my exacta tickets from the Juvenile Fillies to get paid. Its been 2 1/2 hours now.

cj
10-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm still waiting on my exacta tickets from the Juvenile Fillies to get paid. Its been 2 1/2 hours now.

Like I asked the other guy, does it really matter? You know they'll get them before tomorrow.

BetHorses!
10-29-2005, 03:41 PM

What about the Lion Tamer swap maybe by Thursday :p

But CJ is right. unless your down to nothing it doesn't matter

cj
10-29-2005, 05:50 PM
I'll have to see if they fix the payoff on Shirocco. They paid off at $19.60, BRIS says 19.70. And yes, I bet enough to matter :)

Instant Results say 19.60, anyone know for sure?

Jeff P
10-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Starting to look to me like Bris Supertote is off by a dime.

Right now, Bris Supertote still shows $19.70. But Bris instant results shows $19.60 and the Bris and Equibase Charts both show odds of 8.80 to 1 and a win payoff of $19.60. The same thing happened to me at Belmont this past Thursday with the late double. Bris Supertote had the payoff listed at $80.10 which was 10 cents higher than the actual payoff turned out to be.

Still, a very nice hit CJ. Congrats and keep up the good work.

-jp

trying2win
10-29-2005, 07:17 PM
CJ,

Thanks for your last post. If you hadn't listed that discrepency in the payoffs, I might not have checked some of my payoffs. I had seconditis today. On the four seconds I had with odd-number dollar amounts bet, Pinnacle paid off correctly on 3rd and 10th races, but incorrectly on the 8th and 9th races. I'll be sending an email off to them shortly to get a couple of credits due to me.

So, if you bet the Breeders Cup at the Pinnacle site today, better check your payoffs if you won on something.

T2W

trying2win
10-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Jeff,

You bring up a good point about payoffs. Are the payoffs at the Equibase site the official payoff we should be looking at and not Bristote's?

T2W

Jeff P
10-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I've seen plenty of errors with Bris Supertote, mostly scratches, overweights, and rider changes. Last year, if I remember right, on Breeders Cup day, Bris Supertote even listed a horse by name as a scratch for one of the early races on the card. Trouble is, the horse they listed as a scratch actually finished second at long odds.

But until this week I honestly hadn't noticed Bris getting payoffs wrong. It seems they've broken new ground. <gr>

Those handful of times (more than a handful now actually) that I've had to contact Pinny to get a payoff corrected, they've indicated to me that they use the official race chart, which in my opinion, would be Equibase and not Bris. They've also indicated to me that they have a human being (clerk) and not a computer perform the task of grading each wager. It sounds like a thankless job to me - one I don't think I'd want to perform myself. It's also a job where I don't think I could possibly grade every wager right.

-jp

trying2win
10-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks Jeff,

When I went to the Equibase site and checked the place payoffs on the 2nd place finishers on the 8th and 9th races at Belmont on this Breeders Cup day, they are both lower than ones listed at the Bris Supertote. That would explain my payoffs at Pinnacle. I won't need to send an email to Pinnacle now.

T2W

trying2win
10-30-2005, 01:03 AM
CJ,

Way to go! Nice pick with Shirocco. Great win price too. I had to settle for 2nd on my win/place bet on Ace.

T2W