PDA

View Full Version : BC SAT

SAL
10-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #8 Captain Squire-Though his last was a relatively weak G1, there is nothing in this race that can step with him early. I think he’ll be able to establish a clear early lead and will be tough to overhaul.

R2 #4 War Front-Answered the question about his ability to route in his last easy win. Seems to be thriving in the Jerkens barn and I think he is this good.

R3 #2 Original Spin-Love the way she rated off the pace in her initial route attempt. I’m thinking Bailey can put her anywhere pacewise, and she gets lasix today.

R4 #10 Henny Hughes-I’m jumping off the First Samurai bandwagon. This one tried hard after battling on a ridiculous pace last time. First Samurai got the garden trip and didn’t go by him as easily as he should have. Going with the better price here.

R5 #8 Megahertz-Though it was a losing effort, she showed she isn’t strictly a California horse when she ran a game 2nd in the Beverly D two back. The pace is likely to be honest in this big field and she can redeem herself after her dismal try in this event last year.

R6 #7 Lost in the Fog-Can’t go against my hometown horse. I’ll be rooting hard for him to remain undefeated.

R7 #11 Leroidesanimaux-He’s been absolutely dominant since coming to the US for Frankel. Bet against him at your own risk.

R8 #7 Happy Ticket-Made a race of it last time against Ashado. I can’t fault her gameness, and I know I’ll get a run for my money here.

R9 #2 Shirocco-ML seems high considering he finished less than a length behind Bago in the Arc. Lightly raced runner can compete with a forward move here. And Fabre has struck in the BC before with a shipper when he won with Banks Hill a few years ago.

R10 #10 Flower Alley-Can’t fault his poor performance in the Gold Cup. The trip wasn’t what was expected, plus a bounce was understandable after a pairing of his lifetime best fig. He has been drilling like a champ for this and I look for him to turn the tables on Borrego today.