PDA

View Full Version : Help-Pop up blocker

andicap
10-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I have tried to disable my pop-up blocker in Win XP (I have the google toolbar) but IE keeps blocking certain pop-ups that I need -- like the NYRA audio or sonicstream's streaming audio app.

Anyone got a clue what I can do to work around this? or really disable it other than taking out the toolbar??

Buddha
10-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I am not familiar with their toolbar popup blocker, but I would assume somewhere in the options/preferences, that there is an option to allow popups from certain sites. Did you check that out yet?

cj
10-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Just hold the control button down while clicking on the link, that pop up should then show up.

trying2win
10-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Andicap,

I've found from actual experience that some pop-up blockers work too well...i.e they were even blocking pop-up toteboards etc. that I needed. It got to be a pain to disable certain items temporarily, then put the enable feature back on. I finally found a good solution. I tested out a product called AD MUNCHER on their free 30 day trial. It worked great. It blocks the great majority of pop-ups and banners, yet allows things like pop-up toteboards to appear on your computer screen automatically. I was sold on it and purchased the product. The price is a one-time fee only for about $25 U.S. There are free updates after that.

I have to remind myself now and then to disable the pop-up blocker temporarily at the PA site, and click on the odd banner so PA can collect some revenue, then put the enable feature back on. Anyway, if you're interested in reading the FAQ'S or anything else about AD MUNCHER, here's the link:

http://www.admuncher.com/

T2W

JustRalph
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Andi......

Check this page

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/web/sp2_popupblocker.mspx

andicap
10-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ralph, when the sonicstream doesn't run I get no message from Windows XP, just one from the program itself that pop-ups are enabled EVEN after I have disabled them, left IE and reloaded.

I'll try the various solutions offered,..thanks again.

kitts
10-30-2005, 03:11 PM
I have XP and Netscape 7.2 and the NS blocker works fine. Maybe it is in MSIE hard as that might be to believe :o)