PDA

View Full Version : Guest Announcers at BELMONT today

fouroneone
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
NYRA says they will have a different announcer for every race today.

Durkin is the Man, but I love when they do this! :cool:

xfile
10-28-2005, 11:32 AM
NYRA says they will have a different announcer for every race today.

Durkin is the Man, but I love when they do this! :cool:

Any info on who?

midnight
10-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Guest Announcers (http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=30645)

Larry Lederman (Freehold) joins such other notable race callers as Tom Durkin (NYRA), Dave Johnson (Meadowlands), Trevor Denman (Southern California), Larry Collmus (Monmouth Park), John Dooley (Arlington Park), Keith Jones (Philadelphia Park), Dan Loiselle (Ontario Jockey Club), and Mike Battaglia (Turfway Park).

I'm assuming Durkin will do one race as well.

What would be funny (and possible) is if Lederman does a few impressions during his call (like doing a bit of everybody else there).

What would also be funny is if somebody took the program away from Battaglia during his turn, so he couldn't glance at it while doing the call.

Another funny thought (that won't happen), is if Durkin does the last race, and at the end says: "Can you people tell the difference?"

Guest Announcer Day Prop Bet: Mike Battaglia gets the shortest field for his race:

Yes: -120
No: +110

xfile
10-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Guest Announcers (http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=30645)

I'm assuming Durkin will do one race as well.

What would be funny (and possible) is if Lederman does a few impressions during his call (like doing a bit of everybody else there).

What would also be funny is if somebody took the program away from Battaglia during his turn, so he couldn't glance at it while doing the call.

Another funny thought (that won't happen), is if Durkin does the last race, and at the end says: "Can you people tell the difference?"

Guest Announcer Day Prop Bet: Mike Battaglia gets the shortest field for his race:

Yes: -120
No: +110

HAHAHAHA...what's funny is that Battaglia is considered a horrible racecaller. a chalk eating handicapper, yet he gets all kind of jobs....:lol:

fouroneone
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
here we go, larrys doing the second, this should be fun!

cj
10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
All Star announcers? The WOODBINE GUY! NO FREAKING WAY!

fouroneone
10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
:D it seems as though "all-star" refers to "anyone within driving distance of long island" :bang:

it's still fun though, and i wish they did it more often.

Is there any word on who will be calling the aqueduct IDT meet? it will be here in the blink of an eye

xfile
10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
:D it seems as though "all-star" refers to "anyone within driving distance of long island" :bang:

it's still fun though, and i wish they did it more often.

Is there any word on who will be calling the aqueduct IDT meet? it will be here in the blink of an eye

What ever happened to Johnny Eyeballs who used to do the i Dirt?

cj
10-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Larry Collmus.

xfile
10-28-2005, 02:43 PM
HAHAHAHA...what's funny is that Battaglia is considered a horrible racecaller. a chalk eating handicapper, yet he gets all kind of jobs....:lol:

Battaglia just called the 4th. He needs to see an eye doctor....lol :cool:

fouroneone
10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
well, if i can hit payoffs like the 4th, i dont care whose calling it.....heck let the guy from the meadows or northfield come call one or two

xfile
10-28-2005, 03:47 PM
well, if i can hit payoffs like the 4th, i dont care whose calling it.....heck let the guy from the meadows or northfield come call one or two

That guy roger houston at the meadows is the most annoying of all....lol...he makes every race sound like the freakin breededrs crown....lol....

fouroneone
10-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Trevor Denman at Belmont!

Now this, I could get used to! :cool:

Valuist
10-28-2005, 05:10 PM
They could save money on flying all these guys in and just have Frank Miramahdi (sp?) come in and mimic all of them.

Hosshead
10-29-2005, 02:10 AM
They could save money on flying all these guys in and just have Frank Miramahdi (sp?) come in and mimic all of them.Once upon a time, didn't he do Rodney Dangerfield calling a race ? :D

midnight
10-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Lederman does a better job of imitating racecallers, imo, which is taking nothing away from Frank Mirahmadi.