PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday, which track will you bet -- BEL/SA/BOTH/NEITHER?

highnote
10-28-2005, 01:42 AM
This Saturday, which track will you bet -- BEL/SA/BOTH/NEITHER?

Valuist
10-28-2005, 09:25 AM
How about other tracks? I'll be playing Keeneland and Hawthorne as well. And Laurel looks like they have some solid races on Saturday also.

highnote
10-28-2005, 09:41 AM
I should have included Keeneland in the poll. It was an oversight. I was trying to put up two tracks I thought would have the biggest handle. If I'm not mistaken, SA has a post time of 9:40am pacific (12:40pm eastern) on Saturday. This is something different for them, isn't it? Are they trying to grab some handle from BC players? Are they concerned no one will be sticking around after Belmont to bet their races?

How will this affect Keeneland's handle -- three major tracks running at the same time?

bettheoverlay
10-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll be betting every other track I find the time for. BC have been dartboard races over the years for me. I don't stand a chance. Fun races to watch though.

Jeff P
10-28-2005, 03:06 PM
I try to distance myself, as much as I can, from all of the media hype. In other words I try to treat the Breeders Cup the same as just another race card. A lot of players lose all sense of discipline and bet several times what they otherwise would bet in one day just because it's Breeders Cup day. That's not me. I'll try and make a handful of carefully selected intelligent plays from those cards I'd normally look at on a Saturday this time of year: BEL, DEL, CRC, KEE, HAW, SA, GG, and TUP.

-jp

freehouse2002
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Here's the deal as it pertains to SA. They always have an early post time for BC day. First live post is at 9:40 a.m. then the BC races are run and post time for the 2nd race isn't until about 2:45 p.m. or so. Also, they only card 7 races for the day. Usually, they have Alan Buchdal call the races today and tomorrow in the absence of Trevor Denman (since he works the BC for NBC), but this year Michael Wrona will fill in for the two days. I actually wish they would run their races in between BC races, esp. since there is about a 45 min. lapse from one BC race to another. Oh well, thats what TuP, GG, and Haw are for, lol.

freehouse2002

Tom
10-28-2005, 06:44 PM
This is the card I go nuts on - I bet about 5 times my normal on some of theses races - the potential windfall is not there most other days. Trainer intent - no doubt, no prep races here! (If he runs well in the Classic, I got this NW3 at Deleware I've been pointing to!)

I have made a few eye-watering, year making scores on BC day, and if I tap out, it is just the equivalent of a bad week. I have 51 more to recover, but the year Ferdinand won, I scored more in one day than I had in the previous 2 years! I crushed that SOB and it was life-altering for a while.

I got a dollar and a dream for Saturday...and I aint playing the lottery.

I have two things rady to go - a large bankroll and a bottle of Southern Comfort....baby let's rock! :jump:

Zman179
10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I'll be at work; there'll be no BC for me.