PDA

View Full Version : Miers Withdraws

lsbets
10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Just heard that she has withdrawn her nomination. This was either a huge blunder or an intentionally designed fake to get the conservative base fired up enough to force the Dems hands if they filibuster a nominee like Janice Rogers Brown. We'll see who gets the nomination next. I say nominate Bork!

Bobby
10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
LS - A huge blunder.

Doubtful he's gonna get a super con nominated.

He nominated some poor ole lady, and the Republicans attack her relentlessly.

Figman
10-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Isbets,
I agree! Miers was a trial balloon. Now like a fastball right down the middle comes the ultra conservative nominee straight at Leahy, Kennedy, Biden & Schumer. A fastball after a slow curve often gets the job done!

Chuckles_the_Clown
10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Isbets,
I agree! Miers was a trial balloon. Now like a fastball right down the middle comes the ultra conservative nominee straight at Leahy, Kennedy, Biden & Schumer. A fastball after a slow curve often gets the job done!

Major problem for this White House is that their World Series is long over and they were swept.

lol

clicks his heels and pirouettes

Bobby
10-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Trial Balloon?

This is politics. You are supposed to get it right the first time.

This is a blunder. Bush nominates his personal atty despite advice from his WH staff. A failure.

Secretariat
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
The woman was withdrawn primarily becasue the Republican Senate couldn't confirm her. Many of the hard core conservatives in the Senate wanted someone solidly in the anti Roe vs. Wade corner. Frankly, they're a bit off because she is solidly anti Roe vs. Wade.

Actually, I'm glad she was replaced. I agree with Limbaugh on this matter. She lacks the experience and qualifications to do the job. antoher poor appointment choice by Bush.

If he appoints Bork, I may be able to live with it. He's old, and wouldn't be in there too long. Frankly, if he is appointed, at least there will be a person who has voiced his opinions, and it can actually be debated and discussed, rather than rewarding people who have "no record" to discuss.

A good withdrawal, but it is Republican dissension that lead to it.

ljb
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
What with the current grand jury investigation and other problems, I'm thinking Bush may have not listened to his staff on this one. Thought he could go it alone and of course his handlers immediately pointed out the error of his ways.
Hencth the withdrawal.

Tom
10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
BORK BORK BORK BORK

Or Wolf Blitzedagain from CNN...would love to see this SOS grilled! Hehehe.

JustRalph
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM

Wow! Really? Like John Kerry Did? How about Tom Dash-chole?

You are trying to be funny right?

Bobby
10-27-2005, 12:13 PM
No nonsense zone here! :D

A complete utter failure was her nomination.

DJofSD
10-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bobby

I'm glad our 16th president didn't have that philosophy.

DJofSD

ljb
10-27-2005, 12:24 PM
No nonsense zone here! :D

A complete utter failure was her nomination.
Bobby,
This tends to re-enforce my statement. Her nomination was made by Bush without assistance from his handlers. :D

Chuckles_the_Clown
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM

DJofSD

Not even remotely similar.

America was essentially an isolationist country in 1861 and the only Wars we'd fought since the revolution from which to judge Generals were against Mexico and the Indians and warfare had changed since the Mexican War.

It took Lincoln a couple attempts because no one knew what we were working with. Besides, the best General fought for Virginia.

Dubya is a complete and utter failure and he is probably drinking again.

DJofSD
10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I didn't mention anything specific about Lincoln or the Civil War.

Why did you jump to that conclusion?

DJofSD

kenwoodallpromos
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Rgardless, this was some diversion from ValerieGate.

Chuckles_the_Clown
10-27-2005, 01:11 PM
I didn't mention anything specific about Lincoln or the Civil War.

Why did you jump to that conclusion?

DJofSD

You didn't mention Lincoln by name. You identified him by relationship, much in the same manner Plame was outted. So Lincoln was specified, though you're correct the Civil War was not. Lincoln's misappointments involved Union Commanders, though I don't expect Dubya to eventually get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby

DJofSD

DJofSD
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I find it interesting that the glass is always viewed as half empty.

Name me one person that hasn't had their share of foul ups, errors and just plain mistakes. Yes, even the president, #16 or #43 has made them. And will continue to make them in the future.

Was the Meir's nomination a mistake? Perhaps. Is it fatal? I don't think so. Of coarse, we're discussing politics here and the power trippers, gain seekers and those that in general would rather put party politics ahead of all else will jump on any perceived misstep to promote their agenda.

DJofSD

Chuckles_the_Clown
10-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Of coarse, we're discussing politics here and the power trippers, gain seekers and those that in general would rather put party politics ahead of all else will jump on any perceived misstep to promote their agenda.

DJofSD

I'll candidly admit the carrion is ripe and that I'm swooping in. The gleeful circling though doesnt involve party so much as the vile nature of the animal in its death throes.

There are some good republicans out there. Its time for them to stand up or will be before long.

Tom
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Mumbles the Mohel wrote:

"...though I don't expect Dubya to eventually get it right."

You did not expect him to win twice, either, did you?:D

Chuckles_the_Clown
10-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Mumbles the Mohel wrote:

"...though I don't expect Dubya to eventually get it right."

You did not expect him to win twice, either, did you?:D

I'm embarrassed to say that I voted for him and thought I was sweating out a bona fide Constitutional Crisis in 2000. I'm embarrassed to say that I prayed for him and thought those prayers were answered.

I thought America needed a change in the White House and an influx of integrity after the Clinton Years. I thought thats what I was voting for. I had no idea they were lying about providing the ethical government they promised. I had no idea they were professional schemers.

In hindsight I should of known. I don't think a man can bring integrity when everything he has was given to him. When he hasn't made his own way. When he's had his way bought into school and bought out of service and bought out of criminal DUI jams. I dont think a drug abuser and alcoholic can have integrity. But I wasn't aware of the character flaws in 2000. I should have known, but I didn't.

Contrary to the opinions of some, Dubya has one more election to face. It's in November of 2006.

Its get even time