PDA

View Full Version : tilson on the preakness

tilson
05-19-2001, 01:32 AM
Monarchos will prove he is the genuine article. Conagree 's derby was most impressive but i think he ran a VERY bounce prone trip despite what the sheets might say (and i am not a sheets guy).
Point Given tommorow says it all ...some sy it was a clinker and that could well be the case but i think it is more likely he beat zero out west and has been over rated.
Monarchos is 1 publice work out away from being undefeated at 3. And the later parts of his last 3 races have all been both strong and consistent.
I fully expect Chavez to grab the lead half way on the last turn....if they are going to beat him....it won't be because he got caught sleeping.
good luck all

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2001, 02:36 AM
I agree. It's strange. I never got behind Silver Charm, Real Quiet, or Charismatic when they won the Derby, and even the Preakness, as I felt they were all lacking a certain something I couldn't put my finger on. Monarchos has me very excited (in terms of the Triple Crown) for the first time since Sunday Silence.....

==PA

tilson
05-19-2001, 09:30 AM
I was a Huge Silver Charm fan and like Monarchos, i loaded up on both in the Derby. However I too was a nay sayer for both Real Quiet & Charismatic in Both the derby and preakness.
Don't get me wrong i respect Congaree Highly and he could do it.....i am just more apt to believe that Monarchos might be a slightly better horse and that Conagree ran a VERY "taxing trip" in the derby.
Wet surface or not I fully expect Monarchos to run a very very big race today.
I also STRONGLY believe that this VERY WELL COULD BE another case of an Affirmed/Alydar or Sunday Silence/Easy goer type deal with these 2 just being light years ahead of the rest of the crop.