PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist alert imminent ?

ljb
10-26-2005, 09:41 AM
What with all the bad news hitting the neocons, can it be long before we get another terrorist alert ? My guess is it will come in the next two days.

Bobby
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I will agree. The Right has had many problems in last few months. I'm kinda getting a little sympathetic with them.

Now it looks as if Meirs might not be confirmed. What a debacle this could be for Bush.
2000 dead in IRAQ (Sheehan's outside tied up to the WH gates until all troops are home. She'll be waiting a long, long time :D )

Indictments could be handed down today against Bush hacks.

Those are just a few. Didn't mention NRG or hurricanes

JustRalph
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I will agree. The Right has had many problems in last few months. I'm kinda getting a little sympathetic with them.

Now it looks as if Meirs might not be confirmed. What a debacle this could be for Bush.
2000 dead in IRAQ (Sheehan's outside tied up to the WH gates until all troops are home. She'll be waiting a long, long time :D )

Don't be sympathetic........we are still in charge! It is good to be king!:D

ljb
10-26-2005, 11:26 AM

Bobby,
You should show as much sympathy as they are showing the common folk in America. See my thread on pensions.
Just,
The King and his men may be putting the screws to you too, check it out.

Bobby
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Don't be sympathetic........we are still in charge! It is good to be king!:D

For now. I figure by next year when its 2750 troops dead, & oil companies continue to rape the American people of trillions of $. And giant conglomerates continue to cut employee health benefits and make them work longer for less pay, then people will start to see the light and start voting with their pocket book in mind - and that's for the Democrats.

Maybe they already are seeing it!
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/25/poll.bush/index.html

Also Conco-Phillips profit BEATS Wall St forecast. Is anyone surprised? Gas is $2.50 and their profits are up nearly 100%. That's ashame.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051026/bs_nm/energy_conocophillips_earns_dc_4

Lefty
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
lbj, as noted on the thread, your pension stuff is old news and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Bush.
There may be an indictment against Wilson, who outed his wife in a Vanity Fair article. Pictures even. Some undercover, huh?
But boys, this Wed., NO IDICTMENTS. Keep dreaming.

Light
10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Go to dictionary.com and type in "terrorism". You'll find this:

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Now if that doesn't sound like GWB,I don't know what does.

lsbets
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
umm, light i'd say the keyword there is unlawful, and only the most far out lunatics consider the invasion of Iraq to be unlawful, so your definition does not fit.

ljb
10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
lbj, as noted on the thread, your pension stuff is old news and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Bush.
There may be an indictment against Wilson, who outed his wife in a Vanity Fair article. Pictures even. Some undercover, huh?
But boys, this Wed., NO IDICTMENTS. Keep dreaming.
Lefty,
Break loose with a couple bucks of your tax refund and buy the magazine, you will find you are wrong in your statement above.
Note I said two days. indictments sometimes take time. :D Usually the neocons wait until the polls come in before issuing their terror alert.

46zilzal
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

EXCELLENT!

Bobby
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Lefty,
Usually the neocons wait until the polls come in before issuing their terror alert.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
The definition was Sheehan tresspassing in TX!
The new alert is Sheehan chained to the WH fence!
Maybe now at least some anti-war people will come out and speak clearly and reasonably about why we have to get out now! Ranting and raving never gets the job done. Anti-war types have to follow the lessons of Vietnam and Apartheid and do what works.

46zilzal
10-26-2005, 03:05 PM
The definition was Sheehan tresspassing in TX!
The new alert is Sheehan chained to the WH fence!
Maybe now at least some anti-war people will come out and speak clearly and reasonably about why we have to get out now! Ranting and raving never gets the job done. Anti-war types have to follow the lessons of Vietnam and Apartheid and do what works.

yes poor old Cindy is really FRIGHTENING!!

Lefty
10-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Ken wrote:Maybe now at least some anti-war people will come out and speak clearly and reasonably about why we have to get out now! Ranting and raving never gets the job done. Anti-war types have to follow the lessons of Vietnam and Apartheid and do what works

Ken, sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Tom
10-26-2005, 07:23 PM

You don't know what does....OBVIOUSLY!
To make a comparison of Bush to scum-sucking savage animals like Al Qeda is just plain sick and demented. You don't like someone's poltics, try to find an adult way to respond - this schoolyard crap is unwarrented.

Tom
10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Lefty wrote:
"Ken, sounds like an oxymoron to me."

Lefty, why did you add "oxy"-the word is more applicable without it! :D

kenwoodallpromos
10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Why shouldn't Iraqis handle terrorism inside Iraq while we chase them down elsewhere? There would not be so mant in Iraq if we could stop them inside Syria. I do not think we have won too many wars by stopping chasing enemies when they go over a certain border. We are limiting ourselves to the borders of Iraq and terrorist have a free hand in surrounding countries.
26 million Iraqis can handle their own defense if they want to; We did not pressure other countries enough to help train them.

JustRalph
10-26-2005, 09:44 PM
For now. I figure by next year when its 2750 troops dead, & oil companies continue to rape the American people of trillions of $. And giant conglomerates continue to cut employee health benefits and make them work longer for less pay, then people will start to see the light and start voting with their pocket book in mind - and that's for the Democrats.

Oh yeah..........vote with your pocketbook. Put Dems in office and watch them raise taxes and start giving away even more money than these phony conservatives that are in office now.

Yeah right..............

46zilzal
10-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Doubtful that ANY one could spend as much as the rutabaga and have LESS to show for it

lsbets
10-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Doubtful that ANY one could spend as much as the rutabaga and have LESS to show for it

I don't know - did your tuition bill include English composition?

Kreed
10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
YES YOU. Simmer down. Laugh more. Like when JR says "raise taxes"--
don't you see that after 43 is finished, taxes, as measured in All Ways, will
be up by ~15%. It's a given.

JustRalph
10-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't know - did your tuition bill include English composition?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey 46k, I think CJ has a masters in Mox-ocology!

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2005, 03:53 AM
What with all the bad news hitting the neocons, can it be long before we get another terrorist alert ? My guess is it will come in the next two days.

Better yet, maybe they will "stage" an actual terrorist attack....whaddya think about dem apples??!!! I trumped ya!

If there is no terrorist alert in the next two days, what do I get as a prize from you?

ljb
10-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Better yet, maybe they will "stage" an actual terrorist attack....whaddya think about dem apples??!!! I trumped ya!

If there is no terrorist alert in the next two days, what do I get as a prize from you?
You also must consider my follow up. Stating the neocons usually wait for the polls to come in before issuing their terrorist alerts. To expand on this I will say they usually issue their alerts to make sure the "bad" news does not get legs. As the indictments have not been issued yet the two day limit will not start until the indictments are issued. If there are no indictments there will not be an alert. I would hope they would not "stage" an actual terrorist attack.
Your prize will be determined at a later date but i am leaning towards a copy of this week's Time Magazine.

ljb
10-31-2005, 11:44 PM
With the timely announcement of Alita's nomination a terror alert may not be required at this time. ;)

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2005, 03:05 AM
Whatever.

JustRalph
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
you never know. You wingnuts may have just put Bush on the offensive. Which is where he should have been all along. This nominee is going to show the country exactly who you guys are. You will act out and display your usual crassness whenever you disagree with someone. Hopefully Bush has learned his lesson and will really go on the offensive against the left. Instead of placating them, he will start cutting some heads off, as he should.

he doesn't need to get approval from anyone. He is the boss and he needs to start acting like it.

lsbets
11-01-2005, 10:29 AM
That dummy George Bush just outsmarted the left again. Don't they ever get sick of losing to a guy they think is so stupid?

ljb
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
you never know. You wingnuts may have just put Bush on the offensive. Which is where he should have been all along. This nominee is going to show the country exactly who you guys are. You will act out and display your usual crassness whenever you disagree with someone. Hopefully Bush has learned his lesson and will really go on the offensive against the left. Instead of placating them, he will start cutting some heads off, as he should.

he doesn't need to get approval from anyone. He is the boss and he needs to start acting like it.
right wing zealots disapproved of Harriet.
Does this explain why his first choice had to withdraw ? whatcha think ?

lsbets
11-01-2005, 10:50 PM
right wing zealots disapproved of Harriet.
Does this explain why his first choice had to withdraw ? whatcha think ?

Yeah, Chuck Shumer is a real right wing zealot. A lot of folks from both sides opposed her, some prominant liberals were among the loudest (which was stupid on their part, they would have been better off keeping their mouths shut - when you enemy is destoying himself, let him).

Tom
11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Funny, they say the withdrawl of Harriet was a crushing blow for Bush. Uh, he did NOT withdraw her name, SHE did.
Fat Ted said Bush bowed to the right wingers. SHE withdrew her name, NOT Bush.
Fat Ted said that it was inappropriate to use litmus tests for nominees when the right objected to Harriet, but is the first to "Rush" in wtih his own when HE disagrees with the noiminee.
It is time to shove this new guy down the left side's throat.
(hehehe.......they got what they wished for)

BTW, Ljb.......when again was that terror alert supposed to happen? :lol:

ljb
11-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Funny, they say the withdrawl of Harriet was a crushing blow for Bush. Uh, he did NOT withdraw her name, SHE did.
Fat Ted said Bush bowed to the right wingers. SHE withdrew her name, NOT Bush.
Fat Ted said that it was inappropriate to use litmus tests for nominees when the right objected to Harriet, but is the first to "Rush" in wtih his own when HE disagrees with the noiminee.
It is time to shove this new guy down the left side's throat.
(hehehe.......they got what they wished for)

BTW, Ljb.......when again was that terror alert supposed to happen? :lol:
It appears you failed to read my note regarding the supreme court announcement. I said "terror alert won't be needed at this time". I know you are smarter then you make out to be here Tom, don't pretend to believe Harriet withdrew her name without Bush's approval/request.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
lbj, which is it? Bush's approval or request? Those words have entirely diff meanings.

Bobby
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Terror alert before November 06 elections for sure. Get everyone scared.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
And of course, your anti-Bush mindset does not allow for the fact, that in these days of terror hits everywhere, that there might be a real terror alert. You are not fooling with the Clinton's here, though that's the stuff you're used to. I'd rather have the terror alert than be cght flatfooted. You guys are setting yourself up so you can criticize with or without a terror strike. Not surprising.

Bobby
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Your probably right Lefty. There will be another terror attack. Its just a matter of time IMO. However, with that said, I think everyone should agree that the alerts shouldn't be used to sway voters attitudes or opinions.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
bobby, and what proof do you have that the alerts are doing that? Maybe they are ALERTS to keep us on our toes and SAFE> That's my bet.

46zilzal
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Ever hear of the magicians trick of a plausible diversion? Seeing the same thing here

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Maybe the terrorists are provoking fake alerts on purpose for the very reason of making this administration look AS IF they are the ones faking the alerts....

Yeah, that's the ticket! You guys always say these terrorists are smart cookies....maybe they are double tricking the double tricksters! Causing the admin to issue alerts based on false info (PROVIDED BY THE TERRORISTS) to make them (the admin) look as if they are issuing alerts for political reasons.

Chew on that theory for a while.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 07:29 PM
46, and YOUR proof is? My proof that we are doing the right thing is no more attacks since 9-11. Would you want it any other way?

46zilzal
11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
46, and YOUR proof is? My proof that we are doing the right thing is no more attacks since 9-11. Would you want it any other way?
Things will or will not happen despite attempts to create hysterical vigilance

Lefty
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
46, well that's just fatalistic crap. So your solution is humans should never do antything. If you knew what the hell you were talking about we'd still be in caves eating our food raw. Prove it's hysterical vigilance. It's smart to be vigilant. As a Dr would you advise people not to see you, because what will happen will happen anyway? I think not.

46zilzal
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
as usual you try inane logic to make your point: a 1:1 relationship between a practitioner and a patient has NOTHING to do with keeping an entire coutnry frightened of it's shadow

Lefty
11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
You are the inane one. You say things that are nutty and then backtrack. What's your proof that the terror alerts are not legit? And did you not say what will happen will happen? Get real, never mind, you've proven you can't.

46zilzal
11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
backtrack???????????????

ljb
11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
lbj, which is it? Bush's approval or request? Those words have entirely diff meanings.
Lefty, You're such a stickler for details. Actually it was a request that received Bush's approval. :D

Lefty
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes. I guess I have to explain it to you; Jeez! Anyway, you take a fatalistic stand and say what will happen will happen. And then you're saying it doesn't apply to your practice. But now, only to this adm terror alerts. Be consistent, if you can. And what's your proof that the terror alerts are not genuine and meant to keep us on the alert? Information prevents us from being scared, since we're able to stay 1 step ahead of the terrorists.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
lbj, say what? You say he requested her resignation and then approved his own request? You plainly said it was one or the other. Yes, the Devil is in the details and how you use or misuse words.

46zilzal
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
there is a boogey man under every rock...watch out

ljb
11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
lbj, say what? You say he requested her resignation and then approved his own request? You plainly said it was one or the other. Yes, the Devil is in the details and how you use or misuse words.
Sorry Lefty, I know you are used to listening to one syllable sound bites from Rush and company. Didn't mean to make it too hard for you to understand. Basically, Bush requested Harriet's withdrawal and when she complied he approved of her action.
:D
Does this bird flu thing count as a terrorist alert ? ;)

Lefty
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
46, only a fool would think there is no danger, given what's happenuing all over the world.

lbj, when you contradict yourself then i'm to blame for not understanding? Tell ya what, bub, i'll pit my vocabulary against yours any day.

ljb
11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
46, only a fool would think there is no danger, given what's happenuing all over the world.

lbj, when you contradict yourself then i'm to blame for not understanding? Tell ya what, bub, i'll pit my vocabulary against yours any day.
Well ok then Lefty, pit it up. :D
Oh and that bird flu thingy, it's just a retirement bonus for Rummy. :D

Lefty
11-02-2005, 08:53 PM
ooh, a play on words. I'm sonot impressed.

ljb
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
ooh, a play on words. I'm sonot impressed.
Actually I think you misspelled sonnet.

Lefty
11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
lbj, don't you read for context? The word sonnet would not be appropiate in the context of the sentence. I ran 2 words together for effect. Apparantly, you didn't get it. Once again, not surprised.

ljb
11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
lbj, don't you read for context? The word sonnet would not be appropiate in the context of the sentence. I ran 2 words together for effect. Apparantly, you didn't get it. Once again, not surprised.
Nice recovery Lefty, I still think you misspelled sonnet and apparently you didn't catch it. :D

Lefty
11-02-2005, 10:53 PM
lbj, you are english challenged. Sonnet doesn't work in the sentence. Running together so and not, does. Is english your 1st language?

Tom
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
It's a lot like, why don't they starve in the desert?

They eat all the "sand which is there." (sandwhiches there):kiss:

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2005, 11:52 PM
The Lefty/LJB tennis match is getting nauseating. Might be time for a dual 5 day suspension....

Lefty
11-02-2005, 11:54 PM
It's my fault the guy knows nothing about the English language?

ljb
11-03-2005, 02:10 PM
The Lefty/LJB tennis match is getting nauseating. Might be time for a dual 5 day suspension....
Hey PA, relax, I was just "funnin" Lefty a bit, you know a joke. Lighten up a bit PA, the indictments are coming in, the court cases are moving along. Soon we will have cleaned up most of the corruption in DC. Better days are coming. I had another reply/line for Lefty but will let it rest in respect for your anxiety.

Lefty
11-03-2005, 10:04 PM
lbj, we have already cleaned up the corruption in Wash. We voted the Dems out.

ljb
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
lbj, we have already cleaned up the corruption in Wash. We voted the Dems out.
Come on Lefty, 130 years since the last indictment of an active member of the whitehouse staff. How is Delay's case going and when does Frist get his "day in court"? Not to mention Abramhof (sp) the lobbyist with ties to more DC crooks/republican politicians. Oh and out in sunny CA. Arnold is getting checks from Walmart and the Walton family as he vetos bills detrimental to Walmart. Hang on to your hat Lefty, this is just the beggining. More heads will roll before this mess is cleaned up.

Lefty
11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, shows how desperate dems are. An indictment doesn't mean a conviction.
What's Arnold got to do with Bush? Nothing. Arnold's one of those wishy washy moderate Repubs. They're almost as bad as Dems. Keep dreaming lbj. This indictment gonna be about like the time Billy Dale was indicted. Gonna be found innocent but meanwhile a good man's rep has been damaged and it's gonna cause him a whole lotta money. Wilson's a proven liar and he's the one should be indicted.

46zilzal
11-03-2005, 11:43 PM
glad to see you as a BLIND as ever.

Lefty
11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
46 replies:glad to see you as a BLIND as ever

Does that mean an indictment is a conviction? And that a man's not innocent until proven guilty? Or are you trying to say Billy Dale wasn't declared innocent? The Clinton's not only fired this man, but that wasn't enough. They tried to destroy him. He was found not guilty in less than an hour. Now Dems are working overtime trying to destroy Republicans. My eyes are wide Mr. neutral. Eyes wide.

ljb
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, shows how desperate dems are. An indictment doesn't mean a conviction.
What's Arnold got to do with Bush? Nothing. Arnold's one of those wishy washy moderate Repubs. They're almost as bad as Dems. Keep dreaming lbj. This indictment gonna be about like the time Billy Dale was indicted. Gonna be found innocent but meanwhile a good man's rep has been damaged and it's gonna cause him a whole lotta money. Wilson's a proven liar and he's the one should be indicted.
And how many weeks ago were you saying " he hasn't been charged with anything"? Keep spinning Lefty, that new guy here may believe you.
And I don't call Arnold a wishy washy moderate Repub, I call him another one of them Republican crooks.

Lefty
11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
lbj, a few weeks ago he hadn't been charged with anything.
That's funny calling a republican a crook after what happened in the Clinton Adm.
And when libby is judged not guilty, you will be out of ammo. But you'll keep firing your blanks; I have no doubt.

ljb
11-05-2005, 02:58 PM
lbj, a few weeks ago he hadn't been charged with anything.
That's funny calling a republican a crook after what happened in the Clinton Adm.
And when libby is judged not guilty, you will be out of ammo.
Exactly, and now you are saying he will not be found guilty, get the flow of things here Lefty ?
And as for the Clinton reference, "when Clinton lied, no one died". You have been out of ammo for about 5 years now but you are still firing blanks.

Lefty
11-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Let's see, libby couldn't be found guilty of outing an undercover agent, so now he's charged with lying about a non-crime. And now, that led to dying? I suppose you mean the war. You libs just won't admit all your top dems had the same impressions about Iraq and Saddam as Bush did, but suddenly that's gone from your memory banks. You are a sorry lot, lbj, a sorry lot. And a boring lot, as well.

46zilzal
11-06-2005, 02:58 AM
dittohead: the crowning achievement of late 20th century philosophy, one who takes pride in his or her lack of ability to form original or analytical thought. AKA Folks who slavishly listen to the Rush

wes
11-06-2005, 10:51 AM
dittohead: the crowning achievement of late 20th century philosophy, one who takes pride in his or her lack of ability to form original or analytical thought. AKA Folks who slavishly listen to the Rush

OR

dittohead: the crowning achievement of late 20th century philosophy, one who takes pride in his or her lack of ability to form original or analytical thought. AKA Folks who slavishly read the 46zilzal post on this board.

wes

lsbets
11-06-2005, 11:17 AM
For someone who professes to be so open minded and enlightened, 46 sure comes across as a very closed minded individual.

ljb
11-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Let's see, libby couldn't be found guilty of outing an undercover agent, so now he's charged with lying about a non-crime. And now, that led to dying? I suppose you mean the war. You libs just won't admit all your top dems had the same impressions about Iraq and Saddam as Bush did, but suddenly that's gone from your memory banks. You are a sorry lot, lbj, a sorry lot. And a boring lot, as well.
Lefty, you are the one that brought Clinton into the discussion. Methinks you are yearning for the good ol days of Monica Lewinsky. When the worst thing going on was a bj in the oval office.

Lefty
11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
lbj, don't think so, but if I did it's becaise of a point i wanted to make. If you think the worst thing going on then was the bj then you are ignorant of the world.

ljb
11-08-2005, 02:16 PM
lbj, don't think so, but if I did it's becaise of a point i wanted to make. If you think the worst thing going on then was the bj then you are ignorant of the world.
Oh Yes that is right, the budget was balanced and the deficit was nil. I guess those things would be bad to a "borrow and spend republican".

Lefty
11-08-2005, 05:55 PM
lbj, the budget was balanced at the insistence if the 94 Congress. Didn't get balanced before that did it. The deficit was not nil. Meanwhile the economy based on tax raises and overpriced stocks was bound to come dn and it did, just before he left office. Also Enron was skinning it's investors at this time and Bin Ladin was planning 9-11. And don't forget the attacks on our embassies and the U.S.S. Cole. Yeah, good times: for fools.

Secretariat
11-08-2005, 09:25 PM
The truth is this President has borrowed more money than the total of ALL Presidents put together since Washington. Yes, that doesn't count for inflation, but is incredible in scope, and if the CBO is right and their estimates are correct that deficit will expand by 2012 dramatically.

I am not a big fan of Bill Clinton but there was a minimal attempt to contain deficit spending. Whether that is attributable to the Contract with America or not, the attempt occurred.

Nobody wins with this kind of spending going on. Nobody.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2005, 11:33 PM
And for a moment there, I thought that was a graph of Clinton's heart rate during one of his intense oval office sessions with Monica....

Tom
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
That was a graph of Billy boy, but NOT his heart! :eek: