PDA

View Full Version : This is Precious


boxcar
06-12-2002, 02:07 PM
A few minutes ago Limbaugh played a Dasshole soundbyte that was unbelievable. It was so incredible that Rush played it back a second time.

The good Senator was having a press conference and talked about the importance and urgency of getting a Prescription Drug Plan passed. He said that every time he goes to his district in St. Louis, his constitutents keep asking about the status of such a plan.

In fact (according to Dasshole),his own mama keeps pushing him on it, and he alleged that she tells him that she can't get her drugs -- sooo...she wants to know what's going on with the plan, and keeps pushing her son on it.

Now think with me for a moment about this. Let's give Dasshole the benefit of a doubt and believe him on what he says. Here is a guy making about 600,000 big ones annually, and owns a little shack somewhere in North or South Carolina that is worth about 800,000 bucks. By making this kind of admission about his poor mama, he makes himself out to be a tightwad that would put Scrooge to shame -- one el cheapo wealthy person. With all HIS money, WHY doesn't he spare some change and buy *HIS OWN* mama the prescription drugs that he alleged she needs?

This is truly Classic Liberalism. Instead of a member of the Elite Class taking care of his own, Dasshole wants the government to take care of his mama -- with OUR tax dollars. Perhaps some liberal out there will explain to me why. What moral obligation do I have to assume any responsiblity whatsoever for his mama's drugs?

Waiting with bated breath...

Boxcar

Doug
06-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Boxcar,

Dasshole (I love that name). Is that your name for him or did El Rushbo say that on the air.

What strikes me as funny is I just never could imagine a person with that kind of dough whining about the fact that his mother cannot afford persciption drugs. You are correct imo.

Maybe he will just let his mother die if the prescription drug plan does not pass soon.

I would like to know exactly how many of his constituents are pushing him one this one. Could be 2 or 2000 or 200000. Quite a few is a little misleading.

The guy never stops politicizing every little thing.

If he could be bipartisian just once maybe some of the issues would be taken care of.

Problem is, he wants it his way and no other. Seems like he forgets who the hell is in power.

Doug

Rick
06-12-2002, 04:32 PM
boxcar,

I never could understand why the Demos wanted this guy as a leader of their party. There are so many others who could actually contribute to getting something worthwhile done. It's frustrating. Maybe getting rid of seniority rules or imposing term limits would improve the situation in Congress.

You're right about family (or charities) being a more desirable way to go than government handouts. But, as you point out, so many people ignore the needs of their families and charities act like it's their money to spend any way they chose (they must have learned that one from the government). I once tried to donate a working microwave oven to a charitable organization and was refused because it wasn't their kind of thing to sell. And this was one who pretends to take broken things and fix them in order to sell them. I finally decided to set it out by a dumpster at the motel we were staying in. It was gone in a couple of hours. Who needs 'em.

boxcar
06-12-2002, 05:47 PM
Doug wrote:

>>
Dasshole (I love that name). Is that your name for him or did El Rushbo say that on the air.
>>

I believe that is a Boxcar original. Been using it for some time.

>>
What strikes me as funny is I just never could imagine a person with that kind of dough whining about the fact that his mother cannot afford persciption drugs. You are correct imo.
>>

These libs have NO, and I mean NO -- shame. A guy with his kind of money should be ashamed and embarrassed to admit to reporters that he doesn't take care of his own mother.

>>
Maybe he will just let his mother die if the prescription drug plan does not pass soon.
>>

But he'll only announce her death if can find a way to blame the Republicans for it.

>>
I would like to know exactly how many of his constituents are pushing him one this one. Could be 2 or 2000 or 200000. Quite a few is a little misleading.
>>

Rush raised this very question. He doubts very many at all -- if any at all!

Boxcar

boxcar
06-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Rick sez:

>>
I never could understand why the Demos wanted this guy as a leader of their party. There are so many others who could actually contribute to getting something worthwhile done. It's frustrating. Maybe getting rid of seniority rules or imposing term limits would improve the situation in Congress.
>>

I'm all for setting term limits -- the SAME for everyone. Two four-year terms max. That's it.


>>
You're right about family (or charities) being a more desirable way to go than government handouts. But, as you point out, so many people ignore the needs of their families and charities act like it's their money to spend any way they chose (they must have learned that one from the government).
>>

This all relates right back to what we were discussing on that large thread. Indiscriminatory giving/spending v. principled giving/spending -- and how government agencies have proven time and again what lousy stewards they are with our money.

The Dems want a drug plan for _everyone_ regardless of their financial situation. Heck...there are plenty of seasoned citizens out there living very comfortably, and not in any need of a handout from the Feds.

Btw, a buddy of mine reminded me that Gore, during his campaign, also pulled the poor ol' mom routine. Gore unabashedly stated that his mom couldn't afford prescriptions either.

Methinks we should pass a law outlawing Limousine Liberals from ever holding office. :)

JesseV!!!
06-12-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm all for term limits too. Think of the money that would be save if our budget didn't include massive retirement pay outs to both parties!

Didn't a Repulsive ever make the analogy of how our elderly is being over charged at the prescription counter? Is this the spin zone or WHAT?

I listen to rush long enough to hear a caller sign in with "A big F-350, 4X4, gas guzzlin mega dittos rush!". A guy like that makes me want to puke. It made me think of how people can call themselves good Americans, yet be so selfish and self centered. They can call this a great country, at the same time wanting to change it to something unrecognizable.
I guess it IS great in that guys like that get away with total stupidity on a sadistically successful show like rush's.
I said it before. Any show that only recognizes 2 parties, then pits one against another is useless. A total waste.
Another idiotic quote...from g. gordon lidy..."the air coming out of todays cars is cleaner than the air going in."!!! How can you take retards serious?

Was it ronny reagan that dismantled the mental institutions, turning 10s of thousands loose on the streets? That was brilliant! He had to dig himself out of a massive deficit, no matter what the cost. Next time a homless, mental case bugs you for beer money. Thank ronny.

I guess that if I lean from the middle, towards a country that takes care of it's own, I'm a liberal. Fine. Who cares what a right winger thinks? As long as we know...There is no such thing as 0% unemployment (lefty). We can't go back to the lawless, horse & buggy days.
The far right will never have their extremist way. It's impossible! Get over it.
Come together. reinstate pride and respect back into our society. Except that socialism lite is good. It shows that we care about our own people.
That's why it's GREAT!!!! NOT because of our selfish.

JesseV!!!
Back in a week or so....

boxcar
06-12-2002, 09:13 PM
JesseV's call to Compassionate Socialism:
>>
Come together. reinstate pride and respect back into our society. Except that socialism lite is good. It shows that we care about our own people.
That's why it's GREAT!!!! NOT because of our selfish.
>>

I love it.

Would "socialism lite" still be potent enough to take care of the mommies of Gore and Dasshole?

Boxcar

Lefty
06-12-2002, 09:31 PM
It was the other one, Gephardt that was going on about his mother. He's full of stories about his rich friends, his mother and his constituents. Rush said, "Richard help your poor mother out. How cheap can you be?" The Rush statement is a paraphrase. I don't like Dasshole but it was the blond asshole this time.

Lefty
06-12-2002, 09:33 PM
It wasn't Dasshole that made the "mother" statement. It was the blond asshole, Gephardt.

Lefty
06-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Didn't mean to post twice. Thght the prev. msg. disappeared into the ether. Sorry.

boxcar
06-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Are you absolutely sure, Lefty? I swore that it was Dasshole's voice on the playbacks. I take it that you listened to Rush today?

Boxcar

Tom
06-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by JesseV!!!
I'm all for term limits too. Think of the money that would be save if our budget didn't include massive retirement pay outs to both parties!

Was it ronny reagan that dismantled the mental institutions, turning 10s of thousands loose on the streets? That was brilliant!

JesseV!!!
Back in a week or so....

It is nice to see that so many of them have found work in the House and Senate!<G>:rolleyes:

Serioulsy, to blame anything now on Ronny is a little lame-Billy-Boy Clinton had two terms to undo all the evil unleashed by the horrible Ray-Gun administration and yet he was so fixated on his zipper that he only had time wash his hands and lie.

Boxcar - Dasshole and Get-Heard are the same person....two bodies, one mind, shared. When one has the mind in his head, the other does the talking <G>.

JustRalph
06-13-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by JesseV!!!
Come together. reinstate pride and respect back into our society. Except that socialism lite is good. It shows that we care about our own people.
That's why it's GREAT!!!! NOT because of our selfish.

JesseV!!!
Back in a week or so....

JesseV
Was this supposed to be "accept" instead of except? Now I cannot believe that you are advocating just a little socialism?
Re-distribution of wealth is ok in the form of charity I guess. But the forced re-distribution is the problem with Liberal programs. Blaming Ron Reagan for todays problems is a common tactic of Liberals. Just wondered if you can find fault with Reagan and how he toppled the Soviet Union? Oh yeah.....that was just a little socialism too.........

Rick
06-13-2002, 01:58 AM
I guess Russia must have capitalism lite now then.

Look at our health care system now though. It's essentially already socialized in that hospitals are required to take indigents as an emergency room patients. It just costs a lot more to do it that way. We need to find a more affordable and effective solution than that.

boxcar
06-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Tom wrote:

>>
Boxcar - Dasshole and Get-Heard are the same person....two bodies, one mind, shared. When one has the mind in his head, the other does the talking <G>.
>>

Must be 'cause I really did confuse the two. But on further reflection Lefty is right. It must have been Gephardt who was spinning tales of woe about poor ol' mom. I do remember hearing the words "district" and "St. Louis", and Gep is a congressman from MO. Dasshole is a senator from So. Dakota, I think.

But you're right. My point was still valid.

All that is left to solve now is who stole a page from whose playbook? Did Gore steal the "poor ol' mom" routine from Gep or did Gep rob Gore?

Boxcar

Lefty
06-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Yeah, sure, Boxcar. Gephardt is just full of these apocrophal stories about his mother, his friends, his constituents, etc. But your point is still valid as prev. poster said. As MY mother once said, i'm a technical bastard.

Rick
06-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Lefty,

What do you think the motivation is for telling these stories anyway? I understand Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern, but I don't understand these guys. What do they have to gain except maybe another term in office. It doesn't seem to be a big enough payoff. People don't give you money for pretending to be a bleeding liberal do they? Well, maybe Hollywood types. What gives?

boxcar
06-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Rick inquires:

>>
What do you think the motivation is for telling these stories anyway?
>>

Very simple, Rick. When you think "liberal", in the same moment also think "visceral". Easy to remember since both words rhyme.

If you don't believe this, check out the Torricelli and Dasshole soundbytes when asked about Whitman's plan that she released today for cleaning up the air. Fear mongering at its best.

Boxcar

Lefty
06-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Right, Boxcar. And it IS about staying in office and power. Rick, take a look at these guys pension plan. BTW, it's not Social Security.

boxcar
06-13-2002, 10:50 PM
I just saw Gephardt and heard that "poor ol' mom" soundbyte again on Hannity & Colmes. At one point Gep said that he "dreaded" going home to see his mom because she keeps pushing him on the Druggie Plan. This got me thinkin' (since "dreaded" is a pretty strong word) that maybe mom is a bodybuilder on steroids, and Gep is tired of getting the crap beat out of him?

Just some food for thought...

Boxcar

Rick
06-14-2002, 11:50 AM
It just occurred to me that the real problem with both parties is in the leadership in Congress. There are plenty of rank-and-file members of both parties that I respect, but the good old boys who hold all of the power are extremely partisan.

so.cal.fan
06-14-2002, 11:59 AM
I agree, Rick.
The sad thing is our political system is so crazy, we can't get decent people to even want to run for office.
I'm sure our country is better than others, it is probably a worse but similar situation everywhere on the planet- <sigh>

Lefty
06-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Rick, it's SUPPOSED to be partisan. It's a battle of ideologies: Those that think we're stupid and indffectual and need "Uncle Sugar's" help with every aspect of our lives. And then there are those that advocate personal responsibility.

Rick
06-14-2002, 03:28 PM
Lefty,

I disagree. I think both extremes are bad for the country. These guys just disagree with anything the other party proposes, especially if they come up with something that might work. Why? Because if the "other" party has a good idea that gets implemented, they might win the next election. There are some in both parties that know how to compromise in order to get something done, but they're not usually in the leadership. I just don't subscribe to the idea that people are 100% liberal or 100% conservative. Most are somewhere closer to the middle and on most issues it doesn't matter whether you lean left or right.

One thing both parties got together on in the past was deficit reduction, much to my surprise. That was a big reason why we had a good economy during Clinton's years. It was a bipartisan success. But, of course, the Democrats claim it as their personal victory and some are glad that we have a recession now under Bush's watch. Of course, the Republicans were quite happy that Clinton embarrassed the entire country too because it helped Bush get elected.

But, if you single out the area of government spending, I guess you could say that all of Congress leans very much to the left. Even many of those who claim to be conservatives become very liberal when they're spending other people's money.

Doug
06-14-2002, 03:40 PM
boxcar writes,
If you don't believe this, check out the Torricelli and Dasshole soundbytes when asked about Whitman's plan that she released today for cleaning up the air. Fear mongering at its best.

I don't think the report was out for 20 seconds and the dems were telling folks they were going to die.

boxcar
06-14-2002, 04:51 PM
That's alright, Doug, I'm fully prepared. Bought my family airtight biological suits. I figured if it can keep out the extremely toxic biohazardous chemicals, it should work well with mere common air pollution.

Boxcar

Lefty
06-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Rick, there was nothing bi-partisan about the Clinton administration. The good economy was because of:Reagan's tax reduction, George 41 getting caps on spending when he was "forced" to raise taxes and Knute's Contract with America that Clinton was absolutely forced to implement. Well, most of it.
What makes me mad is the dumbass Republicans stood with the Dems to force Knute out. Some gratitude.
Clinton could have commited murder and the Dems wouldn't have voted to impeach him.
Yeah, some bi-partisanship we had.

Rick
06-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Lefty,

Well, perhaps "bi-partisan" was too strong a term to use. They also cooperated for a while after 9/11. I was just amazed that Congress was able to get anything constructive done at all during that time period because of the "not invented here" attitudes of both parties. But, maybe both parties thought they would get credit for it. I wonder how long it will be until the next honeymoon in Congress.

JustRalph
06-15-2002, 02:49 AM
If they stand on the steps of the capital and sing again,......I swear I am going to flip out. Lefty....you are right about the Ronnie Tax cuts. And Newt got drilled right in the ass by his compadres! Don't get me started................................!!!!

boxcar
06-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Rick asked:

>>
I wonder how long it will be until the next honeymoon in Congress.
>>

The next terrorist attack when they're all scared again for their lives.

Boxcar

Lefty
06-15-2002, 01:45 PM
I don't want any "honeymoons" in Congress. I want the extreme left out and the extreme right in.
Can we clone Reagon?

Rick
06-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Lefty,

I don't think I'd call Reagan exactly "extreme right". Maybe Pat Buchanan would fit the definition better.

boxcar
06-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Rick sez:

>>
I don't think I'd call Reagan exactly "extreme right". Maybe Pat Buchanan would fit the definition better.
>>

Pattie My Boy fits better in the Libertarian mold, or at least on the fringes thereof.

Boxcar

Rick
06-15-2002, 04:39 PM
boxcar,

Libertarian? In Europe they call people who make the same kinds of statements he does "extreme right wing".

Here's something you guys might find amusing:

www.therightwing.com/conspiracy

boxcar
06-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Rick wrote:

>>
Libertarian? In Europe they call people who make the same kinds of statements he does "extreme right wing".
>>

In thoroughly socialist-entrenched societies that are much closer to Communism than they'd dare to imagine, I'd suspect that most Europeans would consider anyone ever-so- slightly to the right of themseves as being "extreme right wing".

Boxcar

Rick
06-15-2002, 07:18 PM
boxcar,

But he's made pro-Nazi, anti-semitic, and fascist statements. I don't see how you could possibly endorse a guy like that. Worship Reagan if you want, but this guy is off the radar screen.

boxcar
06-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Rick wrote:

>>
But he's made pro-Nazi, anti-semitic, and fascist statements. I don't see how you could possibly endorse a guy like that. Worship Reagan if you want, but this guy is off the radar screen.
>>

No more than your allegagtion is that I "endorse a guy like that". May I suggest that the only possible way for you to reach this kind of conclusion was for you to call upon an obviously very overtaxed imagination?

Boxcar

Rick
06-15-2002, 07:59 PM
boxcar,

Sorry. I thought from your comment that you were referring to Pat Buchanan as "ever-so-slightly" to the right. Your words, not mine. My point is that I don't like extremists of any kind. David Duke was "right wing" but I don't think you consider him one of your kind. Communists and Socialists are even farther left than Ted Kennedy (if you can get that far).

boxcar
06-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Rick:

The "ever-so-slightly" phrase was meant to convey how far to the left very many, if not most, Europeans are, and that Euros would consider just about anyone with even a moderate stand as being a right wing extremist.

Boxcar

Rick
06-16-2002, 10:51 AM
boxcar,

OK, I'll buy that. We don't have communists and socialists running as legitimate candidates here every election like in France. Their's another country that we don't need as a "friend".

boxcar
06-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Rick wrote:

>>
OK, I'll buy that. We don't have communists and socialists running as legitimate candidates here every election like in France.
>>

My housekeeper Shirley U. Jest urged me to reply to this.

You're showing your naivete, Rick. Not only have we commies and socilaists running in this country but they're in office now. Liberals -- even those on the extreme left -- rarely label themselves as such. Instead they call themselves "moderates". They do this to try to conceal their extremist agendas, but perhaps even more importantly to portray anyone to the right of them as extremists.

Even the mainstream media play this game. It's very, very rare that a liberal rag (e.g. LA or NY Times, etc.) will refer to a Democrat as even a "liberal" let alone a socialist. Conversely, start to take note of how often the same media will refer to to virtually any conservative as someone being on the far or extreme right.

The Left are masters at playing word games, or more specifically at employing euphimisms in their speech, as I have indicated on other ocassions. Government-sanctioned racial profiliing is called "affirmative action"; the murder of the unborn they call "pro-choice"; across-the-board tax cuts for all taxpayers are called "tax cuts for the wealthy", etc., etc. I could go on with an endless list of these phrases and words -- all designed to deceive the public -- to conceal what is _really_ going on behind the powder-fluff euphimistic language.

Boxcar

Lefty
06-16-2002, 01:16 PM
I can't say it any better, Boxcar, so I won't.

Rick
06-16-2002, 03:33 PM
boxcar,

That's a good point and it does have a great deal of truth to it. However I do think there are more who are (at least openly) far left in other countries. I don't think anyone here could quote Marx and get away with it. Many other socialist countries have an even larger tax bite than here. I hate to say this but it could be (and probably will be) worse. That's not to say it shouldn't be better, it's just a statement of fact. I'll apologize in advance for using that phrase though, because I know it always makes me angry when someone else uses it.

boxcar
06-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Rick:

>>
That's a good point and it does have a great deal of truth to it. However I do think there are more who are (at least openly) far left in other countries.
>>

Of course! And we'd logically expect that. Amreican society is still in its evolutionary stages insofar as Socialism is concerned. This is the entire reason for the prolific use of euphemisms in political speech. Eeuphemistic language tends to blunt the sharp edges of socialism. Shocking people into this form of government isn't going to cut -- people have to be carefully and smoothly wooed (translate conned) into its value system.

But in European countries, for example, its not necessary to deceive Europeans, since most over there have already been thoroughly sold on Marxist ideas, etc. (In fact, I've met many Canadians who are downright proud that they live in a welfare state!)

>>
I don't think anyone here could quote Marx and get away with it.
>>

Wait another 20 years or so, if this planet is still around.

>>
Many other socialist countries have an even larger tax bite than here.
>>

As the principles and ideals of socialism spread in this country, our tax bite will grow appreciably larger.

After the government passes a drug plan, it would be logical to further expand government by getting it more deeply involved in the Healthcare Industry, and that would have to financed with more of our tax dollars. Just because Americans weren't ready for Hillary's plans for complete takeover of the industry during hubby's first term doesnt' mean that a few years from now some other liberal (perhaps even her again!) won't try again. Very many Americans have already been thoroughly conditidoned over MANY YEARS with an entitlement mentality.

Boxcar

Rick
06-16-2002, 06:24 PM
boxcar,

Check this out for something really depressing. Clinton made $9 million last year from speaking engagements! Who are all these guys with so much money who support him? How much of that do you think Clinton gave to charities? Liberal rich guys. That's an oxymoron.

Lefty
06-16-2002, 08:17 PM
I don't know about Clinton and charity but Al Gore's tax return revealed his wasn't very charitable; terrible landlord too.

Rick
06-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Lefty,

It's the same as always. Do as I say, not as I do.