PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the mount on Artie Schiller now?

cj
10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Mig breaks leg...

http://bc.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=30616

the little guy
10-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I spoke to Mig last night. He really has the worst luck of any jockey. This was such a freakish accident.

Buddha
10-22-2005, 01:17 AM
yea, a broken wrist last year, a broken leg this year. just not his time to have BC mounts.

KingChas
10-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Jerry :eek:

KirisClown
10-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Thought it would have been Castellano.......apparently Garrett Gomez is going to get the mount...

DrugSalvastore
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Thought it would have been Castellano.......apparently Garrett Gomez is going to get the mount...

An excellent choice.

24-Karat Garret Gomez has long been the most underrated jockey in America with strong finishing grass horses.

He's one of the very few guys around who can consistantly give a rail skimming trip around both turns, come out off the far turn, slice his way through traffic, and win with a horse who probably wasn't best in the field.

I loved his work when he rode in Chicago. He parties a little too hard I guess, and he found himself in jail a few times...but right now, he's really showcasing his talents.

He's not bad with come from behind horses on dirt either---as he showed at Belmont Park with Taste of Paraidice and Borrego.

ezpace
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Garrets clean so far after rehab. He has a champion ole lady who helps him.. HE does things with horses few others can do.. horses trust him like I've said before... PVal, Eddie D, Mc Carron, Cordero , Guidry, Day, and few, few others have that gift.. search here not to long ago I made a post of Garrett when he was a bug boy around AKsarben .... Good man when he's sober. .

ezpace
10-24-2005, 10:10 PM
SHoe,Pincay..of course.

DrugSalvastore
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Good man when he's sober. .

it's possible that he might even be a good man when he's not sober.

I'm really glad that the trainers have been as fair with him as they have since he's come back. Like you said, he's very talented, and always has been a much better jock than people think.

Valuist
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I agree he's probably the most underrated rider. Probably because he rode for years in the Midwest and now the West Coast. I don't believe he's ever ridden in New York except for a few stakes mounts.