PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Win Bets 10/16

NYPlayer
10-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Tack Wet Fast - Wind at a steady clip (20mph) from the west.

Today' win plays:

Race1 #6 Ms. Will a Way

Race5 #5 Wellgiven

Race7 #5 Fortress Hill (Min odds 9-5)

Race8 #2 Kennel Up

Race9 #4 Preminger

The sixth race is also interesting, but I'm olny going to play lightly by most likely keying on #2 American revolution. And I might stab at race three with #6 Dance vice.

twindouble
10-16-2005, 06:30 PM

Today' win plays:

Race1 #6 Ms. Will a Way

Race5 #5 Wellgiven

Race7 #5 Fortress Hill (Min odds 9-5) 2nd

Race8 #2 Kennel Up

Race9 #4 Preminger - dead heat.

The sixth race is also interesting, but I'm olny going to play lightly by most likely keying on #2 American revolution. And I might stab at race three with #6 Dance vice. scratched

Not bad NYplayer, nice price on Ms. Will a Way. 6-1.

I'd stop in here more often if you and others would give reasons why you like your picks. I know it's a pain and takes time but it can be short, to the point and I'd join in. I did notice you passed on the 2yo's, with the exception of a stab in the 6th. That's why I passed on the pick 6, would have had to go to deep to come up with Greg Got Even and Bella Fortuna, anyway I saved money.

Good luck,

T.D.

NYPlayer
10-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Today' win plays:

Race1 #6 Ms. Will a Way

Race5 #5 Wellgiven

Race7 #5 Fortress Hill (Min odds 9-5)

Race8 #2 Kennel Up

Race9 #4 Preminger

The sixth race is also interesting, but I'm olny going to play lightly by most likely keying on #2 American revolution. And I might stab at race three with #6 Dance vice.

The wind was gusting heavily especially later in the card.

Today's results:

Race1 - Ms Will a Way won nicely at 6-1. The price was a bit lower than I expected condsidering she's an old gal (5) trying to break maiden after thirteen losses and was 60-1 last out. However, her numbers both beyerwise and on Sheets were competitive, and the other contenders uninspiring, so more people got on board.

Race5 - Wellgiven ran out, unfortunately. The favorite, Region of Merit nosed out another logical horse - Anew. Just had too much back class for these. The last two sheets figs were technically the best, but form earlier in the year was uninspiring, making a bounce more likely. Such was my opinion anyway.

Race7 - The odds were too low on Fortress Hill for a win bet. I tried to make a score in an exacta using Minnie the Moocher. Fortress Hill didn't win anyway, but the exacta underneath High Peaks saved the play.

Race8 - Kennel Up won. The exacta with Separato was ok, but I was hoping Cherokee Spook would hold the place. Pity.

Race9 - Preminger was in a dead heat with Hard Iron, cutting the win price. But it was nice having two exactas. I was hoping Lasix would put Preminger over the edge with these, bit it turned out to be not quite good enough. The result was not bad really after I thought lost altogether.

All in all a decent day. Can't complain after coming out ahead. Beats losing.

NYPlayer
10-16-2005, 06:44 PM
It's hard really to state why I like the picks. Any decent analysis would have me writing all day. Since you asked, I'll give a one sentence summary from now on.

Thanks.

twindouble
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
The wind was gusting heavily especially later in the card.

Today's results:

Race1 - Ms Will a Way won nicely at 6-1. The price was a bit lower than I expected condsidering she's an old gal (5) trying to break maiden after thirteen losses and was 60-1 last out. However, her numbers both beyerwise and on Sheets were competitive, and the other contenders uninspiring, so more people got on board.

Race5 - Wellgiven ran out, unfortunately. The favorite, Region of Merit nosed out another logical horse - Anew. Just had too much back class for these. The last two sheets figs were technically the best, but form earlier in the year was uninspiring, making a bounce more likely. Such was my opinion anyway.

Race7 - The odds were too low on Fortress Hill for a win bet. I tried to make a score in an exacta using Minnie the Moocher. Fortress Hill didn't win anyway, but the exacta underneath High Peaks saved the play.

Race8 - Kennel Up won. The exacta with Separato was ok, but I was hoping Cherokee Spook would hold the place. Pity.

Race9 - Preminger was in a dead heat with Hard Iron, cutting the win price. But it was nice having two exactas. I was hoping Lasix would put Preminger over the edge with these, bit it turned out to be not quite good enough. The result was not bad really after I thought lost altogether.

All in all a decent day. Can't complain after coming out ahead. Beats losing.

Ya, thanks for responding.