PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on the Revolving Door at the WH

Secretariat
10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1014-24.htm

Here's a sample:

Anthony Zinni: A soldier and diplomat for 40 years, Zinni served from 1997 to 2000 as commander-in-chief of the United States Central Command in the Middle East. The retired Marine Corps general was then called back to service by the Bush administration to assume one of the highest diplomatic posts, special envoy to the Middle East (from November 2002 to March 2003), but his disagreement with Bush's plans to go to war and public comments that foretold of a a prolonged and problematical aftermath to such a war led to his ouster. "In the lead up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence and irresponsibility, at worse, lying, incompetence and corruption," said Zinni. Failed to be reappointed, March 2003.

Tom
10-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Rants by disgruntled ex-employees are always a rush.
Thank you for sharing.

Got anything from the Wal Mart greeter in Des Moines who was let go for peeing in the parking lot?
:bang:

lsbets
10-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Rants by disgruntled ex-employees are always a rush.
Thank you for sharing.

Got anything from the Wal Mart greeter in Des Moines who was let go for peeing in the parking lot?
:bang:

Kind of like Louis Freeh? Oh yeah, in that case Sec agreed he was a disgruntled ex employee. I wonder why that is?

linrom1
10-16-2005, 12:37 PM
That's why these types tell the truth and one should pay attention to what they have to say, as opposed to the shills still working for those enterprizes who are afraid to squeek.

boxcar
10-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Kind of like Louis Freeh? Oh yeah, in that case Sec agreed he was a disgruntled ex employee. I wonder why that is?

Don't ya know: Employees only get disgruntled under Democratic Administrations? Otherwise complaints that surface under a Republican one are all 100% legit, objective, factual and, above all, truthful in every respect. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
10-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Linron...but Sec only listens to those who sing his song, not both sides.
That is why we mock him out so often - he is more transparent than a picture window.

JustRalph
10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
That's why these types tell the truth and one should pay attention to what they have to say, as opposed to the shills still working for those enterprizes who are afraid to squeek.

yeah, just like that guy that gave Dan Rather those 35 year old documents.............typed in windows 71

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
"In the lead up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence and irresponsibility, at worse, lying, incompetence and corruption," said Zinni. Failed to be reappointed, March 2003.
Was he using a vanity mirror or a full size one? LOL!

ljb
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah, just like that guy that gave Dan Rather those 35 year old documents.............typed in windows 71
You mean Rove ? :D

lsbets
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
You mean Rove ? :D

You know, that thought had cross my mind, but how could he have forced CBS to be so inept and Dan Rather to be such an idiot defending it long after everyone except for those who desperatly wanted to believe they were true knew they were false?

Secretariat
10-17-2005, 01:44 AM
"In the lead up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence and irresponsibility, at worse, lying, incompetence and corruption," said Zinni. Failed to be reappointed, March 2003.
Was he using a vanity mirror or a full size one? LOL!

Yes, criticizing a Marine Corps General who was appointed BY the Bush adminstration is a real laugh riot. Especially when he stated it accurately: "his disagreement with Bush's plans to go to war and public comments that foretold of a a prolonged and problematical aftermath to such a war led to his ouster."

Obviously, the combat veterans Bush, Cheney, Limbaugh, Wofowitz, and Rove are so much more aware than Zinni or Shineski. Just keep telling yourself that.

My post was about a revolving door at the WH. The list I posted is LONG and includes (not walmart greeters as Tom tries to slough off), but people who have made a career of service OVER Dem and Repub adminstrations for YEARS, yet when confronted with sacrificing their integrity chose to leave rather than acqueisce to strong arm tactics.

I hope that people on this board, take a few minutes and actually read what these people did and why they have either chosen to leave, were canned, or not reappointed. Basically, there has been an evacuation taking place faster from the WH than from New Orleans during Katrina.

These people on this list are good, hard-working people under multiple administrations. It took this President to cause them to think twice about whether one can blindly just follow the leader, or is there a point where one says enough is enough and commits to stopping what one knows is flat out wrong.

JustRalph
10-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Yep Sec,,,,,,, I am sure one of the many great methods to success involve putting people who don't believe in a plan, in the most important positions. Why not leave him in charge ? He doesn't believe in the plan of action. He voiced his disagreement and made public statements against the plan. Sounds like he should be in charge??????????

kenwoodallpromos
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Maybe you do not need one, but I vote 3rd party so I need a good sense of humor!
People leave after years of service because of upset at any party's President- I read the book from the security guy who left because Clinton destroyed any sense of white house security. And I just heard French talk about his book. I guess you know how po'ed Burger was. I guess I should give Gore credit for not resigning knowing how disgusted he was by Clinton's actions in the WH.
It happens on both sides. And Cronyism happens on both sides.
We would have a much better Fed Govt if all administrations followed the law and supported the workers who did. There would be not need for a whistleblower law.
So Sec calm down and consider things 1 issue at a time instead of automarically jumping on the opposing side- like the Feinstein is doing with thew Meiers thing just to be anti-everything. When the Demos get back in it will be payback time just like it is now and the vicious 2-bit circle continues and keeps wasting good workers due to partyism.
The Bush Admin found all the "W" keys missing from the computers because of 2-bit game playing.
The Demos are so busy playing children's games they take their eye off the ball and then blame the "idiot" Bush for fooling all the Demo senators who have been around forever.

Secretariat
10-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Kendall,

Beleive what you want. The resumes of those people left go were quote distinguished rather than the "you're doing a heckuva job Brownie" variety. After reading Richard Clarke's book again, and looking at the people that this administration has "let go" or "fired" has put the country in worse position. You don't just replace people with decades of experience with a crony, and not run into problems. The problem is that the cabal in charge today is a very limited one, and doesn't care about other people's opinions. It's close to over though. I hope whoever is elected in 2008 will allow the reign of our mad King George to drift into the historical oblivion it deserves.

Tom
10-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Sec, cronies - you refering to Travelgate? :eek:

hcap
10-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Just to add to Sec's original, here's another. Corruption and lies. Ok you losers, bring up Clinton 'cause you ain't got no other defense.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GJ18Aa01.html

Casualties of the Bush administration
By Nick Turse

....When Greenhouse was busted down, she became just another of the casualties of the Bush administration - not the countless (or rather uncounted) Iraqis, or the ever-growing list of American troops, killed, maimed, or mutilated in the administration's war of convenience - but the seemingly endless and ever-growing list of beleaguered administrators, managers, and career civil servants who quit their posts in protest or were defamed, threatened, fired, forced out, demoted, or driven to retire by Bush administration strong-arming. Often, this has been due to revulsion at the president's policies - from the invasion of Iraq and negotiations with North Korea to the flattening of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the slashing of environmental standards - which these women and men found to be beyond the pale.

lsbets
10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Hcap - its the same article, just published somewhere else. Did you read either one, or do you get like a zombie when it comes to Bush "MMM, Bush bad, Bush evil, must post link, Bush bad."

I only know anything of substance about one person on the list - Shinseki, and the best thing to happen to our Army since I have been in it was Shinseki's departure.

Secretariat
10-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Hcap,

Bunny Greenhouse is just the latest demotion in the disgraceful policies of punishment placed by this administration on those who attempt to audit the taxpayer's expenses. I saw her interview on NOW. One just has to shake their head when people who are actually watching where the money goes are punished, and those who abuse the system continue to be rewarded.

Good post. Isbets, you've only heard of one person on the list. Never heard of Zinni or Richard Clarke?

lsbets
10-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Isbets, you've only heard of one person on the list. Never heard of Zinni or Richard Clarke?

I never said I only heard of one person, I said I only know anything of substance about one person - big difference. But of course I don't expect you to understand the difference because you spend an awful lot of time posting about things you know nothing about but have heard of.

hcap
10-20-2005, 04:59 AM
lsbets Hcap - its the same article, just published somewhere else. Did you read either one, or do you get like a zombie when it comes to Bush "MMM, Bush bad, Bush evil, must post link, Bush bad."

OOps.
Thats what I get for reading the news at 6:00 am :blush: :blush:

My stupidity however does not diminish dubyas'.

"MMM, Bush bad, Bush evil, must post link, Bush bad."

I will agree with the above. Bush worse than bad. Bush worse prez ever.
Am I a bush hater? You betya.