PDA

View Full Version : Oldies but Baddies

mcikey01
10-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I can't believe I still have a copy of Mike Warren's "System of the Century"...It has got be rated as one of the classier scamdicapper offerings of all time...

Nice professional layout, pseudo-scientific research, simple instructions (for selections and eliminatons), impressive look-up charts, optimal betting startegy, and, the clincher, a mortal lock spot play system with a 70 or 80% ROI ...What more could a naive novice player ask for ?...

Anyone else have a favorite candidate for "Best Dressed Unprofitable" system?
(Sorry, no software- those good-looking lemons can be presented in PA's Handicapping Software forum)

FUGITIVE77
10-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Is he still alive and didn't George C Scott play him in a movie??????????

Topcat
10-23-2005, 10:28 PM
About 30 years ago prior to software there was electronic handicapper I forget the name it used-Mattel actually picked it up and sold it later. It was really a just redressed calculator. I think you punched in the median average speed rating of the last 3, added the last, added finish position and subtracted weight-something like that. It was marketed to look like the calculator was going through all sorts of gyrations but it was apparent it was just added and subtracting a few numbers-

It wasn't as bad as some-

Overlay
10-24-2005, 12:05 AM
About 30 years ago prior to software there was electronic handicapper I forget the name it used-Mattel actually picked it up and sold it later. It was really a just redressed calculator. I think you punched in the median average speed rating of the last 3, added the last, added finish position and subtracted weight-something like that. It was marketed to look like the calculator was going through all sorts of gyrations but it was apparent it was just added and subtracting a few numbers-

It wasn't as bad as some-

Here's some information on that:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/HorseRace.htm

timtam
10-24-2005, 01:59 AM
These things appear on Ebay quite a bit. I still own my original Mattel Horse Race Analyzer and picked up one Mattel and just recently picked up the Advanced Tech one. The Advanced Tech one is in a pouch whereas the Mattel comes in a so called leather case with a cheap golden pen and a scorecard where you keep score of the top 4 rated horses. Actually I still use it once in a while at my OTB and occasionally it finds a horse of longer odds which show up in an exacta. It is very heavily laden to amount of money the horse has earned in the last 2 years. I take it with me and once in a while someone will remember they had one like it etc. sometimes a conversation piece. ( sometimes conversation is not what you want at an OTB,however)

NoDayJob
10-25-2005, 01:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a copy of "Syssssssssssssssssstem (that's the sucking sound of you bank account being drained) of the Century". Paid all of $0.50. Been regreting it ever since.

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

KyRacer
10-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Found some patent information for the Electronic Horse Race Analyzer that might be of interest.

Patent (http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4382280.html)

Art P
10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
My copy is still winning, a little tweaking and its good to go....Speed wins

NoDayJob
10-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Found some patent information for the Electronic Horse Race Analyzer that might be of interest.

Patent (http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4382280.html)

The patent attorneys, the manufacturer and the race tracks made out O.K. The losers were the purchasers of this automatic horse plop machine.

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]