PDA

View Full Version : stuff we know nothing about

46zilzal
10-15-2005, 06:27 PM
When I was a student in professionsal school, I had a summer job as a mover. During the winter weekends we used to move the 49er's from their training camp up to Candlestick for the game and them back afterwards. One year while they were re-constructing part of the facility, we had to move some of their records into storage until it was finished. As we were packing up, some computer read-outs fell open and we were amazed to read how much information the clubs had through their combine, about each and every player they were considering to draft OTHER than their physical prowess. Unbelievable things: team player, problems they might have had in school or with authorities: all the things that would help them decide whether a player would be a good risk to pay out money. Seems to me we even saw one that reported that the player was a womanizer.

When I see all these "showboaters" in the college game today, I wonder what the newest combine would read.

kenwoodallpromos
10-15-2005, 08:59 PM
No need for me to tell you if I think reading through a number of player reports was in your job description, but maybe the 49ers should have sceened the movers better.
Today an NFL player can make millions in a career, but it takes very little to cause a scandal and ruin a career. I do not blame anyone giving a large contract to investigate the recepient.

46zilzal
10-15-2005, 10:12 PM
No need for me to tell you if I think reading through a number of player reports was in your job description, but maybe the 49ers should have sceened the movers better.

Yes I made tons of money on the blackmail, crap I can't even remember the names I saw, couldn't ten minutes after I saw them

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm sure all the NFL can get the same information; but the point you made was that those were the specific players they were considering, which other teams would have liked to know. They also could have secured those files better themselves prior to moving.
My main point is that ai see nothing wrong with screening high paid high profile people.
I wonder what kind of a screening process the Vikings had? LOL!!