PDA

View Full Version : Belmont win Bets 10/15

NYPlayer
10-15-2005, 12:57 PM
The track is muddy. The weather is sunny but breezy (winds from the NW at 18 MPH).

Race2 #3 The Classicshopper

Race3 #1 Amazing Royalist (Min. 7-5)

Race5 #9 Cap & Gown

Race6 #5 Fairytell Story

Race7 #7 Summerland (min 2-1)

I'll pass all others including the feature. The Athenia has been moved to the main track and there are tons of scratches.

NYPlayer
10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
The track is muddy. The weather is sunny but breezy (winds from the NW at 18 MPH).

Race2 #3 The Classicshopper

Race3 #1 Amazing Royalist (Min. 7-5)

Race5 #9 Cap & Gown

Race6 #5 Fairytell Story

Race7 #7 Summerland (min 2-1)

I'll pass all others including the feature. The Athenia has been moved to the main track and there are tons of scratches.

Results for today:

Race2 - Classicshopper finished out. The winner, Legs Benedict, had the benefit of being lightly raced all year and was going in to this relatively fresh. Classicshopper had topped two back and then bounced moderately, but has been running all year. Wet tracks don't help much either. Needs some time off.

Race3 - Amazing Royalist had no problem winning, but there was no chance of getting a decent win price. The trifect paid $53.00 - a decent price for keying Speed Bag second.

Race5 - Cap and Gown finished second after running wide. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Race6 - I should have passed this race. Fairytale Story had a nice turf number going into this, but didn't care much for the mud. Homerette was not a bad bet in here, as a few few of these had some knocks. I generally don't do well with 2yos, but I can't resist taking stabs at prices sometimes.

Race 7 - Summertime finished out after dueliing on the pace. This horse showed talent last year at 2, and was coming around late in 3 yo season. I forgave the off race last time even though it was first after a claim. It looks like the connections are going to have to work with their new acquisition a bit more, but presonally, I think it's a nice claim.